Two other courses in the

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 08.04.2019 10:01
von zj1212 • 2 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, Last night, during the Anaheim Ducks-Colorado Avalanche game, there was definitely some really heated exchange between Patrick Roy and Bruce Boudreau. Do you have any memorable stories where a head coach goes after the head coach of the other team and you had to intervene? Jason Bouchard,Toronto, Ontario Jason: Patrick Roy made quite an impression in his NHL coaching debut beyond just the Avs 6-1 home victory over Bruce Boudreau and the Anaheim Ducks. If Patricks fiery history is any indicator rest assured this wont be the last outburst we see from the new bench boss. Every coach brings a unique personality, style and level of emotion to the job. Often we can look back to the type of players they were and the reputation they earned to indicate what to expect when they step behind the bench. Who can forget the Red Wings-Avalanche rivalry that qualified as hatred for one another following Claude Lemieuxs hit from behind on Kris Draper? No Saint Patrick went toe-to-toe with Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood in addition to a dust-up with Dominik Hasek that was prevented only from becoming a main event by the linesmen. No one can dispute the fact that Patrick Roy is a proven winner and champion and one of the best to ever play the game but he also brought nastiness to his game that I saw firsthand on more than one occasion. I was the referee in Patricks final game as a Montreal Canadien when Scotty Bowmans Red Wings lit him up for nine goals. Habs Coach Mario Tremblay gave the future Hall of Fame goalie the hook after Sergei Federov scored the ninth goal midway through the second period. I saw both the pride and venom in his eyes when he walked the length of the bench to have words with Tremblay and team president Ronald Corey. In Colorado one night, I was skating backwards at full speed and crossing over behind the net on a dump-in when Patrick stepped out his crease and slew-footed me with an extended pad at the goal line causing me to go airborne into the end boards. As I flew through the air I tucked my chin to my chest to protect my helmetless head from becoming the principal point of contact with the boards. My angry threat of a 20-game suspension prompted a line of defence from the goalie that it was just an "accident." That was, until I reminded Patrick that I had witnessed him do the very same thing to Referee Brad Watson in a game earlier that week! As coach of the Quebec Ramparts, his intensity, emotional outbursts and altercations are well-documented. We shouldnt expect anything different from Patrick Roy in his new location behind the Avs bench. He will still be a winner and he will still wear his emotions on his sleeve. Bruce Boudreau on the other hand was a slick, skilled centre who earned his nickname, "Gabby" for being the consummate talker. Thats putting it politely - the fact is, he never shut up! Gabby and I had many conversations on the ice when he was a player. I can see how the perfect storm resulted last night in Colorado when these two personalities collided at the end of the game. Looking back on the different personalities that I dealt with, I understood that as a player, Glen Sather got under the skin of his opponents with a sharp tongue and wit. Slats demonstrated the same style as a successful coach with the Edmonton Oilers. Many times I had to warn him not to taunt opposing players that would ultimately result in a confrontation with the other coach. Most often I had to suppress a laugh at some of the things that came out of Sathers mouth. As a young contracted NHL referee in 1974, I was assigned to swings through the WHL. Pat "Patty" Ginnell was a notorious coach whose teams terrorized opponents. Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach, Kim Clackson and many other players graduated from Pattys stable. Ginnell had moved from Flin Flon to coach the Victoria Cougars when I was pressed into action one night. The Edmonton Oil Kings were the guests when a line brawl erupted followed by the benches clearing. As I was sorting out penalties I noticed coach Ginnell step onto the ice with a stick in his hand and was approaching Oil Kings coach Ken Hodge. Hodge remained on the Oil bench, but reached into the stick rack to arm himself against the impending attack. I intercepted Ginnell with the stick raised over his head, just 10 feet from Ken Hodge. I was able to talk Ginnell down before ejecting him from the game. The threat was real - and it was scary. I dont think I ever saw another coach that could get under the skin of his opposing bench boss the way Scotty Bowman could unhinge Marc Crawford, especially in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Scotty was the master of game day antics. The Avs visiting team dressing room door was painted in the afternoon with toxic enamel and greeted Crawford and his players when they arrived prior to game time on one occasion. I could smell the paint from ice-level near the Avs bench! On another occasion, the length of the players bench length was altered. When asked, Scotty would calmly reply he knew nothing of it and was just part of regularly scheduled building maintenance! In what was already powder keg matchups between the Wings and the Avalanche, Marc would scream with neck veins bulging at Scotty from a position where the two benches would meet. Once again, Scotty would have that calm little smirk on his face that would infuriate Crow all the more. When these dustups happened, my objective was to try and calm Marc since Scotty already had ice water running through his veins (and often ice cubes in his mouth from the bucket). I told Crow one time on the bench not to let Scotty get to him so much because he was playing right into the Masters hands. Like he did as a Hall of Fame goalie, Patrick Roy established himself and made a mark in his first game as an NHL coach with a well-deserved win and a game misconduct/ejection at the 20:00 minute mark. I wouldnt have expected much less from Saint Patrick. Cheap Adidas Kings Jerseys .D. Martinezs ninth-inning sacrifice fly scored Torii Hunter with the winning run and the Detroit Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Sunday. Cheap Kings Jerseys . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. http://www.cheaplosangeleskingsjerseys.com/ . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi.Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to the Philadelphia 76ers, proud possessors of a win streak for the first time since two weeks before the Olympics began. Any task worth doing is worth doing with commitment, and while you can argue whether tanking to get a good draft pick should be worth doing, thats the system, and the Sixers have been crafting a masterpiece. Before Saturday night they had lost 26 in a row, 29 of 30, and 36 of 39, and 27 straight losses would have a set a new record for consecutive defeats. But Saturday in Philly, the Sixers pulled one out, blowing out the hapless Detroit Pistons by 25 and getting a standing ovation. It was a raft in an ocean, a blip in the sky. But now, no matter what, they can say this: it could have been worse. Steve Simmons, Sun Media My thumb is up to Gregg Popovich, who just might be the greatest coach in the history of professional sport. And I dont say that lightly with terrific respect for the work done by Scotty Bowman and Phil Jackson and Bill Belichick, and yeah, certainly Vince Lombardi. Put your championships aside for a moment - this is the 15th straight season in which Popovichs San Antonio Spurs have won between 50 and 63 games in the NBA. To put that into perspective, thats the same number of 50-win seasons combined over that time that the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, Nets, Wizards, Pacers, 76ers, Bobcats, Hawks, and Raptors have won. Having Tim Duncan helps. But Duncan at 37 is slowingg down. Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic. Heading to another 60 win season, Gregg Popovich doesnt seem to be. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to the R&A, for finally entering a new century. The 20th. The Royal and Ancient is urging its membership to allow women to become members of the venerable St. Andrews golf club in Scotland when it votes in September. This is a mere 260 years after the home of golf was founded, which qualifies as progress. Two other courses in the Open Championship rotation, Muirfield and Royal St. Georges, have yet to tiptoe down this perilous path to equality. By comparison, the nice gentlemen at Augusta National, which started accepting female members in 2012 - hello, Condoleeza Rice! - look like wild-eyed progressives. Dave Hodge, TSN My thumb is up to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for making me seem less crazy than others think I am. I have been saying for years that the complexities of video review are confusing and unnecessary, and that a better system would be a very simple system that allows anything to be challenged. And no less an authority than Belichick is leading a push in this direction in the NFL. Never mind "this can be challenged under certain circumstances, but not that under any circumstances"--as Belichick says, "if a coach thinks his team has been victimized by a bad call, he should be able to question it, and its up to him to use the limited number of challenge flags with that in mind." As I say, "challenges might actually be fewer--same with wrong calls--and replay rules would be simpler. You can challenge those assumptions, but Bill Belichick wont. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen