pre-season game Friday.

in Steckbrief 03.12.2019 06:51
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies placed right-hander Jordan Lyles on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left hand. The team also placed left-handed reliever Boone Logan on the DL with inflammation in his elbow. Lyles broke a bone just below the knuckle of his middle finger when he tried to tag out Martin Prado at home after a wild pitch in the first inning Wednesday night. Lyles stayed in the game, but had to use two hands to catch the ball when it was thrown back to him. He finally left after the fourth inning. The 23-year-old Lyles is 5-1 this season with a 3.52 ERA. To take Lyles place on the roster, the Rockies recalled right-hander Chris Martin from Triple-A Colorado Springs. Martin was 0-1 and had a 5.52 ERA with the Sky Sox. The Rockies have yet to make a move to fill Logans spot. They may be waiting, since theyre expected to call up prized pitching prospect Eddie Butler from Double-A Tulsa on Friday to throw against the Los Angeles Dodgers. 19:35ET 05-06-14 Vans Shoes Outlet Sale .85 million contract with the two-time Gold Glove outfielder. Parra earned his second Gold Glove last season when he set a club record with 17 outfield assists. Air Max 97 Discount . -- David Freese is starting to pick up his run production, which is something the Los Angeles Angels have been waiting half a season to see. http://www.cheapairmaxchinawholesale.com/vans-outlet.html. He will just have to wait a little longer. Bester grabbed an early lead before Scotlands Darren Burnett took over and ran away with the mens singles lawn bowling final 21-9 on Friday. Cheap Air Max 95 China .com) - Kam Chancellor bobbed his head in celebration as he crossed the goal line on his game-clinching 90-yard interception return. Nike Air Max Outlet Sale .com) - Delon Wright scored 17 points and No. CALGARY -- Pierre Lavertu has an experienced, successful guide on the Calgary Stampeders offensive line. Brett Jones was fresh out of university at Calgarys training camp a year ago. The centre from Weyburn, Sask., went on to become the first offensive lineman to be named the Canadian Football Leagues most outstanding rookie. The Stampeders hope Lavertu is also a quick study. Calgary swung a draft-day deal with Ottawa to make the Laval athlete the first overall pick May 13. The 24-year-old from Quebec City played centre for the Rouge et Or, but with Jones so successful at that position in 2013, Lavertu has worked most of the pre-season at guard. Jones may be two years younger than Lavertu, but hes helping usher the older rookie into professional football. "Hes given me advice and helped me during meetings. He sits behind me," Lavertu said Tuesday at McMahon Stadium. "Brett is an inspiration for me because he did everything well. He has great technique, good footwork, he knows everything thats happening on the field." Jon Gott, who was dealt to the expansion Redblacks for the first pick in the draft, and the retired Dimitri Tsoumpas mentored Jones in his first year in the league, so Jones wants to pay it forward. "They just made sure I was welcomed into the group," Jones said. "Were known as a unit. I just want whats best for the offensive line." Lavertu, who is six foot three and 298 pounds, won three Vanier Cups and was a three-time CIS all-star with Laval. He was surprised Calgary drafted him because of Jones, but Lavertu is also excited at the prospect of blocking for star running back Jon Cornish.dddddddddddd "If they want me to play guard, Im going to play guard," Lavertu said. "Its the opportunity theyve given to me. Im going to take it and do the best I can to be successful at right guard. "We have Jon Cornish and a lot of good running backs. I love to run-block for him. When you run the ball like that and control the clock like that, you are going to win." Lavertu played right guard in the first half and returned to centre for the second when Jones came out of Saturdays pre-season win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Calgary rushed for 193 yards in a 23-20 victory. The Stampeders are in Vancouver to face the Lions in another pre-season game Friday. Calgary hosts Montreal in their regular-season opener June 28. As Jones did, Lavertu must adapt to the quicker pace of the pro game as well the calibre of the oppositions defensive line. "Theres a lot more things hes responsible for and the talent hes going against every play is equal (to him) or better," Calgary offensive line coach Pat DelMonaco said. "You have to factor in some of them have five, six or seven years of experience." The six-foot-two, 321-pound Jones says Lavertu makes the same errors he did in his early days as a Stampeder. "I made a ton of mistakes," Jones said. "Youre going to make mistakes and its just not making the same mistake twice. "Hes doing great. This offence isnt that easy. You can just see hes making those changes and just making those improvements to get better. Whenever he gets a chance to play, Im excited to play beside him and hope the best for him." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen