I dont know what we did

in News 19.11.2019 05:00
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. Josh Towers Jersey . -- Coco Crisp offered a long list of reasons why Oakland is such a great fit for him for years to come -- his sentiments the same whether or not he had a nice new contract to his name. The Athletics have mutual strong feelings about their do-everything centre fielder and speedy leadoff man, who is staying with the As for an additional two seasons after agreeing Friday to a new contract through 2016 that adds $22.75 million in guaranteed money. "Its nice. I dont think it was weighing on me too much," Crisp said Friday, a day before Oakland holds its FanFest. "Either way, if it happened after the season or before, this is the place I want to be." The deal includes a 2017 option that could become guaranteed, the As said. Crisp was set to attend FanFest on Saturday with the two-time reigning AL West champions, a week ahead of the start of spring training in Phoenix. Crisp has a $7.5 million salary this year under a club option exercised Nov. 1. He will earn $11 million per season in 2015 and 2016, and the 2017 option is for $13 million with a $750,000 buyout. A switch-hitter who gets things going at the top of the lineup with his aggressive baserunning and, more recently, pop in his bat -- Crisp hit a career-high 22 home runs last year. "Im just grateful they put me up there and give me the opportunity to do that. If I hit 22, thatd be awesome. If I hit 23, thatd be better," Crisp said, grinning. "If the best part of the wood gets ahold of the balls, that would be amazing." The 34-year-old Crisp, starting his fifth season with the As, hasnt played more than 136 games in a season since arriving in the Bay Area. He batted .261 with the 22 homers, 66 RBIs and 21 steals last year. Despite the power surge, Crisp has refused to call himself a home run hitter. Yet he does hope to duplicate that production in 2014. "Thats a lot of home runs. Its really impressive for a leadoff hitter," new infielder Nick Punto said. "He might not call himself a home run hitter but he has some pop in the bat." Crisps 2017 option would vest with 550 plate appearances in 2016 or 1,000 plate appearances in 2015-16 combined or 130 games in 2016, or 260 games in 2015-16 combined. In addition, the 260 combined games is with no fewer than 110 played in 2016 and he cant finish 2016 season on the disabled list. New Oakland closer Jim Johnson is happy to no longer have to face Crisp. "Hes a pain," Johnson said. "He fights off good pitches. Hes a guy you think you have a plan and your plan goes to crap." Crisps current contract allows him the use of a ballpark suite for six games per year -- excluding the Yankees, Red Sox and Giants -- and the number increases to eight for 2015-17. Former Tigers manager Jim Leyland said several times that containing Crisp was the biggest key for Detroit to beat the As in the division series for the second straight season. Crisp is a career .278 hitter in 30 post-season games for Boston and Oakland. Left fielder Yoenis Cespedes, who said Friday he hopes for an extension to stay with the As beyond his initial $36 million, four-year deal from February 2012, realizes how much it means to be playing alongside Crisp for the near future. "I dont know if Im going to be the next to get an extension, but he is the key for this team," Cespedes said. "I want to play in Oakland beyond my four years. I thank them for giving me the opportunity to play in the big leagues. I dont forget that." The Coliseum field is still dirt piles in preparation for a Monster Trucks event at the Coliseum later this month, then it will be quickly converted and re-turfed for baseball. John Olerud Jersey . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. Justin Shafer Blue Jays Jersey . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/2886h-derek-fisher-jersey-blue-jays.html . The veteran NFL receiver received his work permit and is in Montreal for the start of the Alouettes rookie camp. Johnson even took in the Montreal Canadiens Game 5 win over the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre Tuesday night.AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Kevin Harvick had a nice send-off with Richard Childress Racing, winning his penultimate race with the team at Phoenix International Raceway. Back at Phoenix four months later, he stamped his arrival at Stewart-Haas Racing by winning the second race with his new team -- doing it on the same weekend he celebrated his 13th wedding anniversary, no less. Yeah, Harvick kind of likes it here in the desert. Disappointed at the Daytona 500 after a last-lap crash, Harvick bounced back quickly by charging to the front and dominating the rest of the way Sunday to win consecutive races at PIR with different teams. "Man, this is awesome," Harvick said. Harvick won the fall race after Carl Edwards ran out of fuel at the white flag. He needed no help Sunday. Harvick had the fastest car in practice and kept it rolling in the race, charging to the front after starting 13th and pretty much staying there. He led 224 of 312 laps on the odd-shaped mile oval and pulled away on several late restarts for his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup victory at PIR, passing Jimmie Johnson for the most at the track. Not bad for someone whos still trying to feel his way around with a new team and new crew chief Rodney Childers. "It took long enough," SHR co-owner Gene Haas joked. "This phenomenal. I think there was a lot of skepticism last year about what myself and Tony (Stewart) what we were up to, was there a lot of madness to this. Quite frankly, its a great team, theres a lot of synergy at the shop, people working together. I dont know what we did, but I think we put together a great organization." Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished second, pole sitter Brad Keselowski was third and Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano fourth. Jeff Gordon rounded out the top five on a warm and partly cloudy day after downpours wiped out the final 32 laps of Saturdays Nationwide race, won by Kyle Busch Harvick won at Phoenix during the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in the fall, giving him an outside shot at catching Johnson for the series title in his final season with Richard Childress Racing. He came up short, but the victory and a third-place finish in the standings gave him a bit of momentum heading into for his first season with Stewart-Haas. Harvick had a solid finish in his sights at Daytona last week before a last-lap crash dropped him to 13th. At Phoenix, Haarvick just missed the final stage of knockout qualifying, nipped by 0. R.A. Dickey Blue Jays Jersey. 001 seconds, but had the fastest car in Saturday mornings final practice session. He had no trouble making his way through the field after the green flag dropped in the race, passing Keselowski on the apron, then Logano for the lead on lap 74. Harvick maintained the lead coming out of green-flag pit stops with just under 200 laps left and again with about 70 laps left. A series of cautions came out late in the race and Harvick easily pulled away each time to earn a quick win with SHR a nice capper to his anniversary weekend with wife DeLana. "Im just the lucky guy who gets to drive around the race track when they have dialed in like they did today," Harvick said. "We were able to put it altogether." Earnhardt had a whirlwind week after winning his second Daytona 500, needing his girlfriend to get him extra clothes while he went on a media tour. He had a solid follow-up, putting the distractions aside to qualify fifth. Earnhardt worked his way up in the opening third of the race, passing Logano and Keselowski to pull up behind Harvick. He dropped back a couple times and fought back to get Harvick within his sights again, but didnt have enough to track him down. "Ive got to congratulate Kevin. Those guys were two-tenths faster than everyone all weekend in practice. They were just phenomenal," Earnhardt said. "To be able to run with them all day was a big confidence builder for us." NASCARs new knockout qualifying system made its Sprint Cup debut at Phoenix and Keselowski came out on top, edging Logano for his fourth career pole. Not long after that, Keselowski found out he would be without his crew chief for the race; Paul Wolfe left the desert back to North Carolina for the birth of his first child. With team engineer Brian Wilson and its Nationwide Series competition director Greg Erwin at the helm, Keselowski ran near the front all day, but, like everyone else, didnt have the speed to keep up with Harvick. "They beat everybody before they came to the track today," Keselowski said. "Its a great combination. They were prepared for the weekend. To me, Randy Childers is like a rubber-stamp, carbon-copy of Paul Wolfe. Hes a great crew chief and it was just a matter of time before he found a combination that he excelled with." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen