We were solid up until the third period

in News 19.11.2019 04:58
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

LA MOLINA, Spain - Canadas Dominique Maltais capped her snowboard cross season title by winning the final World Cup of the season on Saturday. Wholesale Fake Vapormax . Maltais, from Petite-Riviere-St-François, Que., overtook and held off Lindsey Jacobellis to edge out the American and win the womens final under sunny skies in the Pyrenees mountains. Raffaella Brutto of Italy finished third after Yuka Fujimori of Japan crashed. Maltais, who won the silver medal at the Sochi Olympics, finished the season with 5,400 points. Jacobellis was next with 3,760, followed by Alexandra Jekova of Bulgaria with 2,850. "I knew that the crystal globe was waiting for me already," Maltais said. "But I love what I do, so I really wanted to end the season on a good way. Im very happy about my careers fifth title." Maltais called it a "great race on a great course." "It was tight racing from quarter-finals through finals," she said. "I pushed myself a lot because I wanted to finish the season with a big win." Paul Berg of Germany earned his first career individual win. Berg rode flawlessly to finish ahead of Olympic silver medallist Nikolay Olyunin, with Spaniard Regino Hernandez coming third after he and Calgarys Christopher Robanske slowed each other down early in the descent. On Friday, Omar Visintin of Italy claimed the mens season title when Australian Jarryd Hughes, the only rider with a chance to overtake Visintin in the standings, failed to qualify. Visintin didnt advance beyond Saturdays quarter-finals. Olympic champion Pierre Vaultier of France fell early in the round of 16. Berg and Robanske both moved ahead of Hughes in the standings. Bergs win lifted him into second place to end the season with 2,150 points, behind Visintins 3,076. Robanske ended the campaign in third with 2,120. "Im speechless," Berg said. "Yesterday, I was happy about my good result in the qualifications. Today, I just wanted to go for it and challenge the big names. I never thought about winning a World Cup this season. Its still such a surprise." Fake Jordan . The No. 23 seed at the first Grand Slam event of the tennis season has worked out all the details, from his training regime right down to where hes going to eat dinner. Cheap Fake Shoes .com) - The Utah Jazz look to put an end to their five-game losing streak when the Denver Nuggets visit Salt Lake City Monday night. https://www.fakeshoes.net/ . JOHNS, N.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Bonino scored the tying goal with 2:02 left in the third period, Jakob Silfverberg scored the deciding goal in the sixth round of the shootout and Jonas Hiller made 30 saves to lead the Ducks to a 3-2 victory over the Coyotes on Friday night. The defending Pacific Division champions are off to their best start in franchise history, winning six straight following a 6-1 loss at Colorado on opening night. Its also the first time the club has started 4-0 at home. "Last year we found ways to win no matter how we played, so its familiar to us," Bonino said. "I think everyone in here will agree that the last two games havent our best games or our sharpest games, but winning teams find ways to win no matter how ugly it is." Rostislav Klesla got his first goal of the season, Antoine Vermette also scored and Mike Smith made 37 saves for the Coyotes. "We were scared to win. That is not how you finish off hockey games," Smith said. "We were solid up until the third period, then we went out in the third and had six shots and let them come. When you give that team the chances that we gave them, sooner or later its going to get the back of the net." The Ducks were pressing for the equalizer in the Coyotes zone when Bonino threw the puck toward the net from the right point, and 6-foot-4 teammate Dustin Penner ducked his head in the low slot as it drifted past Smiths stick. "When they got the lead, they shut us down pretty good. But we continued to fight," coach Bruce Boudreau said. "This is what this group did all last year going into the third. We havent had to do it this year until tonight, but we know theyre capable of doing it. Even though it was a fluky goal, or whatever, they did it. It says that weve got character and dont want to quit. We had a lot of great chances tonight and could have scored a lot more goals." Coyotes defenceman Keith Yandle received a double-minor for cutting Daniel Winnik with a high stick 30 seconds before the first intermission with Anaheim leading 1-0 on Teemu Selannes goal, but Smith stopped all seven shots he faced during the ensuing four-minute power play. Wholesale Fake Balenciaga. The Ducks finished 0 for 4 with the man advantage, and are a league-worst 1 for 27. "Thats not where we want to be on the power play, but weve survived," Silfverberg said. "Today maybe wasnt our best game again, but we played really good defensively and we didnt give up too many chances." Klesla gave the Coyotes a 2-1 lead 7:54 into the third period with a screened 50-foot slap shot from the left point against Hiller, who thwarted all six Phoenix power plays. The Ducks were playing keepaway in their own zone about 9 minutes into the second period when Francois Beauchemin passed the puck behind the net to defence partner Hampus Lindholm -- and it ricocheted off Lindholms skate right to a Phoenix captain Shane Doan in the low slot. Hiller turned aside Doans quick wrist shot, but the Coyotes tied the score at 11:11 of the period. Yandle got the puck from Mike Ribeiro about 40 feet from the net and set up Vermette at the left of the crease. "We werent playing scared, but we didnt play as well once we had the lead," Doan said. "They obviously picked up their intensity a little bit more when they were down one." The Ducks didnt get their second shot on net until the 6:38 mark, but Selanne made it count with his second goal of the season and 677th of his career. NOTES: Frederik Andersen served as Hillers backup after getting recalled from Norfolk of the AHL. Viktor Fasth, who made 33 saves in Wednesdays 3-2 win over Calgary, did not dress because of a lower-body injury that occurred toward the end of Thursdays practice. ... Anaheim and the New Jersey Devils are the only teams in the league that have yet to get a goal from a defenceman. ... Sundays home game against Dallas will be the Ducks first meeting with their longtime Pacific Division rivals since the off-season realignment that reduced the league from six to four divisions and put the Stars in the Central Division. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen