I had to put that in the back of my mind

in News 19.11.2019 04:55
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Canadas James Hinchcliffe has a bruise on the bridge of his nose, a black-and-blue reminder of his big wreck. Sports Jerseys For Sale . He can hide it with the helmet hell need now that hes back in the race car. Hinchcliffe, from Oakville, Ont., was cleared to drive Thursday by IndyCars medical team following a concussion Saturday in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis. He passed the post-concussion tests and should be all set to qualify this weekend for the Indianapolis 500. He couldnt wait another day, hopping in the No. 27 Honda with 2 minutes left in practice to turn his first lap of the month on the oval at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. "I went overkill on resting because I really wanted to get back out here," he said. "I think a big part of it was my nose is so big it absorbed a lot of the impact and it left my head relatively unscathed." He can laugh about it now, but it wasnt so funny Saturday when debris from Justin Wilsons car flew into the cockpit, striking Hinchcliffe in the head. He was taken away from the track on a stretcher, transported to a hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. "Luckily, I dont remember most of it," he said. "Its a scary situation any time an injury like that happens." Hinchcliffe suddenly pulled off the road course at IMS following a restart and could be seen holding his head with both hands as he exited his car. "Everybodys been giving a lot of credit for the heads up decision to pull off, but that must have been a subconscious thing because I have no memory of that," he said. "I guess I was very lucky to come in time to not get into the wall there." Series officials said concussions are handled on a case-by-case basis and that drivers with head injuries must pass an ImPACT test before theyre cleared to compete by series medical director Dr. Michael Olinger. The 27-year old Canadian passed his after doing nothing more this week than some light training. He woke up Sunday with a headache but said he was fine by Monday. He was back in the gym Wednesday and ready to resume racing for Andretti Autosport. "I went overkill on the rest," he said. "Everything that they asked me to do I did, and then some. Ive been wearing my sunglasses for like 96 straight hours, staying away from all electronics. Anything they asked me to do I went overkill because I knew the goal was to get back and I really wanted to qualify this car, and it looks like Im going to be able to do that now." E.J. Viso replaced Hinchcliffe in practice this week and got a double dose of bad news: He was out of work and the engine in the No. 27 Honda blew during Thursdays practice. "I really expect that the help, effort and input I gave during these past few days are going to reflect in a good way in the coming days and during the Indy 500," Viso said. "I feel really proud to be able to help Andretti Autosport and I hope to be driving with them again sometime in the future." Here are five other things to know from Thursdays practice: PRACTICE: Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves turned a lap of 227.166 mph -- becoming the first driver to top 227 this week. Ed Carpenter was second at 226.257 and Will Power Townsend Bell and Ryan Hunter-Reay round out the top five. Kurt Busch, attempting to race in the Indianapolis 500 and NASCARs Coca-Cola 600 on the same day, was ninth. There were 34 drivers on the track who turned 2,516 laps. Castroneves said hes ready for the weekends two-day qualifying runs. "You dont realize how tough it is at this place," he said, "so to do two days in a row, itll be really tough." HELIO SWAP: Helio Castroneves is trading in the firesuit for a chance to show "who wears the pants in my family" on "Celebrity Wife Swap." The three-time Indianapolis 500 champion appears on the May 27 episode on ABC. Adriana Henao, the mother of Castroneves 4-year-old daughter, Mikaella, moved into the home of Larry Birkhead in December, while he opened his Fort Lauderdale, Florida, home for Birkhead. Birkhead had a daughter with late former Playmate Anna Nicole Smith. "I think it was a great experience for Adriana to try a different family," Castroneves said. HELMET AUCTION: Takuma Sato will put his Indy 500 helmet up for auction. Sato, who drives the No. 14 Honda, will give up his race-worn helmet to raise money for "With you Japan" charity, which Sato founded to help the victims of the 2011 tsunami that wreaked havoc on the island country. The helmets red, white and blue scheme echoes Satos distinctive helmet but also integrates elements from Japans only IndyCar race winner and the Speedways first four-time Indy 500 winner A.J. Foyt, who owns the No. 14 car. The helmet will feature Satos car number plus bricks to represent the historic Brickyard. The four white stars atop the helmet were included as a tribute to Foyts four Indy victories as a driver. CALLING THE ACTION: Former Indy car driver and team owner Robbie Buhl will join chief announcer Paul Page and Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian Donald Davidson as an analyst for the IMS Radio Network broadcasts of Indy 500 qualifying and the race. HAWKSWORTH BACK: English rookie Jack Hawksworth only turned one lap a day after he became the first driver to crash on the oval this month. He waited for the call to the track in the IMS media centre while his Bryan Herta Autosport team worked on the No. 98. "Im going to give it the beans and see what weve got," he said. Sale Tom Brady Jersey . The 23-year-old Neustaedter will move at the end of the season when his contract with Moenchengladbach expires. He signed a four-year deal with Schalke. Michael Jordan Jersey . The stakes were higher, the competition more fierce and the atmosphere was that of a playoff game - something the young, upstart Raptors have five weeks to better prepare themselves for or the result will be eerily similar. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/tom-brady-jersey/ . Now he has a complete game. Scherzer tossed a three-hitter in his 179th career start for his first complete game and Victor Martinez hit his 16th homer to lead the Detroit Tigers a 4-0 win over the Chicago White Sox.Johny Hendricks bruised, bloodied and battered Georges St. Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory. With a second chance to claim the now-vacant belt when he faces Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 in Dallas on Saturday night, Hendricks refuses to let any frustration over that loss hinder him from finally climbing atop the 170-pound division. "As soon as the judges announced what they said, I had to put that in the back of my mind," Hendricks said. "Also, as soon as I got the fight with Robbie, everything else just disappeared. I have another great opportunity, and I dont want to waste it." Although Hendricks (15-2) wont get the chance to claim the title directly from St. Pierre, he hasnt showed much disappointment behind his bearded, bespectacled, aw-shucks Oklahoma persona. He didnt have time to stew: St. Pierre, the champion since late 2007, vacated his championship and stepped away from mixed martial arts right after that fight, leaving the UFC to match two top contenders for the right to be his successor. The choices were Hendricks and Lawler (22-9), a hard-hitting veteran who crashed out of the UFC before fighting his way back into title contention. Theyll meet at the American Airlines Center on a card also featuring Carlos Condit against Tyron Woodley in a bout that will likely determine the new champions next opponent. St. Pierres departure deprives the UFC of one of its biggest stars and pay-per-view draws, but the Quebecois champion left behind a division stacked with intriguing challengers. While Hendricks has been the class of the group, he also knows he could lose that spot by Sunday morning. "These other three guys, we all can make our own destiny," Hendricks said. "It doesnt matter if GSP is going to be here or not. Were all exciting. I think thats what makes the fans excited now, is that they dont know whats going to happen. Tom Brady Jersey Nike. They dont know if were going to knock each other out." Hendricks was an NCAA champion wrestler at Oklahoma State before picking up MMA, moving swiftly from smaller promotions to the UFC. He won 15 of his first 16 fights, including several against top-flight competition: Condit, Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch and T.J. Grant. But he couldnt do enough to wrest the title away from St. Pierre, who took much more cosmetic damage in their bout. Hendricks would love a rematch with St. Pierre if the longtime champ ever returns, but he thinks the rugged Lawler is a tougher matchup. "Georges, he was going to throw a jab, a high kick, a low kick, and try to take you down," Hendricks said confidently. "Thats his game plan. Robbie, if you make a mistake, weve seen it time and time again that he can knock you out, so you really have to make sure that you stay focused. Thats a lot more dangerous fight. There are guys who can knock people out. Youre one punch away from losing, but those are also the more fun fights for me." Hendricks badly bruised his hands in the fight against St. Pierre, leaving him throwing punches at only a fraction of their usual velocity. He plans to get better hand wraps from his boxing coach for this bout. Hell need healthy hands against Lawler, a touted prospect who got dropped from the UFC back in October 2004 after three losses in four fights. After a series of wins in smaller-time promotions, he lost five of his eight bouts in Strikeforce before getting a chance in the UFC, where he has strung together three straight wins over Koscheck, Bobby Voelker and top prospect Rory MacDonald to earn this shot. "Ive gone through a lot of ups and downs," Lawler said. "Im just willing to get back up and grind every day to try to get better. Everything is clicking at the right time." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen