the Romanian will have the daunting task

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 04.11.2019 04:24
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Less than 12 hours after winning the Super Bowl, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll already was talking about getting started on next season. "The first meeting that well have will be tomorrow. ... Our guys would be surprised if we didnt," Carroll said Monday morning. "We really have an eye on whats coming, and we dont dwell on what just happened. Well take this in stride." He appeared at a news conference at a Manhattan hotel with linebacker Malcolm Smith, the MVP of Seattles 43-8 victory over Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos on Sunday night. Carroll oversees a team with the fourth-youngest roster for a Super Bowl champion, with an average age of 26 years, 175 days, according to STATS. The youngest champs ever were the Pittsburgh Steelers who won the 1975 Super Bowl, and they collected a second consecutive title the next year. Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson just wrapped up his second season in the league, as did Jermaine Kearse, the receiver who caught one of the QBs two touchdown passes Sunday night. Doug Baldwin, who caught the other, is only three years into his pro career, as are star cornerback Richard Sherman and Smith, who at 24 is the fourth-youngest player to be the Super Bowl MVP. "Weve seen the effort that it takes to get to this point, and, obviously, well try to replicate that and do it again," Smith said. "Were looking forward to the next challenges and guys having a target on their back and people trying to come after us." Smith became the third linebacker to earn Super Bowl MVP honours, thanks to a 69-yard touchdown return off an interception of regular-season MVP Manning in the first half and a fumble recovery in the second half. He said that during the game, some of his teammates were telling him, "You might be the MVP." "And I was like, No way. No way. Not me." Carroll said general manager John Schneider has positioned the Seahawks to be able to avoid the problems that can make it hard to repeat as NFL champions. Since Denver repeated in the 1999 game, only one team has won two Super Bowls in a row, the New England Patriots in 2004-05. Theres the need to replace players who leave via free agency. The need to pay other players with new, better-paying contracts. "John Schneider has done an extraordinary job of structuring this roster contractually, and with the vision of looking ahead, so that we can keep our guys together," Carroll said. "One of the things that happens every so often is teams have a big fallout after they win the Super Bowl. Were not in that situation." Carroll was reminded during Sundays game of some of his blowout victories in college football bowl games when he was a championship-winning coach at Southern California. "It felt like it. It looked like it. The score was like it," he said Monday. "I really cant tell you exactly what it is, but somethings going on, because I sat back there at the end of the first quarter and said, Shoot, here it goes," he said. "Bang, bang, bang, bang, and its 22-0 at halftime." Carroll described the lopsided nature of the game as "kind of like an avalanche," an interesting choice of words given the hubbub last week -- and, really, for months before that -- over whether the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold-weather site would be affected by snow. Instead, the weather wasnt a factor Sunday at the stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., where the temperature was 49 degrees at kickoff and only some light rain fell. On Monday morning, meanwhile, driving snow hit the area and forecasts called for up to 8 inches. "I dont know how (NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell) pulled it off, but he pulled off the weather in perfect fashion," Carroll joked. "The NFL is powerful." Air Max 97 Cheap Canada . Bach, a 59-year-old German lawyer, was elected Tuesday as president of the International Olympic Committee. He succeeds Jacques Rogge, who stepped down after 12 years. Bach, the longtime favourite, defeated five candidates in a secret ballot for the most influential job in international sports, keeping the presidency in European hands. Nike Air Max Tailwind 7 Canada .Corey Brewer had 19 points eight rebounds, five assists and five steals for the Timberwolves, who snapped a six-game losing streak and won for just the third time since Ricky Rubio went out with an injured ankle on Nov. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/. Assistant coach Glen Gulutzan said Thursday that Edler, who played Tuesday in Nashville, is out indefinitely. Air Max 90 Canada . She was a pioneer. She did things on skis that made the birds take notice. Air Max 1 Sale Canada . Messis father, Jorge Horacio Messi, is apparently still under investigation for an alleged 4 million euros ($5.3 million) in unpaid taxes from Messis image rights from 2007-09. Messis public relations firm confirmed Spanish media reports that the state prosecutor has asked for Messi to be dropped from the investigation that began in June 2013.Singapore (SportsNetwork.com) - Serena Williams and Simona Halep will battle for the title at the season-ending WTA Finals after both won semifinal matches on Saturday. The two met earlier this week in round-robin play, and the 6-0, 6-2 Halep rout in 65 minutes equaled the worst loss of Williams career. Williams will now get the chance to avenge that defeat and win a third straight title at the season-ending event. She advanced Saturday with a thrilling 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (8-6) victory over good friend Caroline Wozniacki in the first semifinal. Halep then rolled to a 6-2, 6-2 pounding of Agnieszka Radwanska in the second semi. Wozniacki had lost three previous matches to Williams this year and took the first set comfortably on Saturday, but the American star bounced back and won the second before the Dane grabbed the lead in the third with a break and served for the match at 5-4. Williams, though, broke serve and was on the cusp of winning in the 12th game with a break point, but Wozniackis volley after a lengthy rally saved it. The eventual tiebreaker produced even more heroics after Wozniacki opened a 4-1 lead. Williams next shot hit the tape and fell over, starting a run of five straight points. Facing two match points against, Wozniacki saved both. Williams then followed with an ace and converted the next point with a forehand return that Wozniacki could not handle to win the match. Caroline played a great match, it was really difficult today and I felt really bad because shes so amazing and so nice and in this tournament she really deserved to win, said Williams in an on-court interview after the match. So just congrats to her and thank you for playing so well and making it succh a great match.dddddddddddd Williams, who clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking on Friday, improved to 10-1 lifetime against Wozniacki, who went 3-0 in group play this week. Williams other three wins against Wozniacki this year came in the Montreal quarterfinals, the Cincinnati semifinals and most recently in the U.S. Open final. Played my heart out today! Wozniacki wrote on Twitter. Disappointing to lose such a close and tough battle but thank you Singapore for the support! Congrats to Serena! There was no drama in the second semifinal. Halep won five straight games during the first set and captured the first three of the second. She blasted 26 winners and Radwanska managed to win just four points against Haleps first serve during the 67-minute match. Im very excited to be in the finals, said Halep. I didnt expect this result here and Ive had to work very hard to play my best tennis here this week. Now, the Romanian will have the daunting task of trying to beat Williams for the second time in the same week. The group win was her first victory in four tries against the 18-time Grand Slam champion. Its a new day a new match so who knows whats going to happen there, added Halep. I know shell be more focused and I just want to enjoy the final. Halep won titles in Doha and Bucharest earlier this year. She is 8-5 all-time in finals, including 2-2 this year. Both losses came against Maria Sharapova -- first in Madrid and then at the French Open. Williams will be gunning for her 64th career title and fifth at this event. In addition to winning the last two WTA Finals titles, she also claimed the crown in 2009 and 2001, while finishing as the runner-up in 2002 and 2004. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen