four months to go until the start of

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 04.11.2019 04:24
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

BEAVER CREEK, Colo. -- Lindsey Vonn squeezed in a little freeskiing on Thanksgiving morning, a step in the right direction for a return to racing after reinjuring her right knee in a recent training crash. The reigning Olympic downhill champion posted on her Facebook page Thursday: "First day back on snow since my crash and it was awesome!" She also attached a picture of herself -- grinning -- on an empty slope in Vail. Although shes skipping the races in Beaver Creek this weekend, the 29-year-old Vonn hasnt ruled out a return to competition in Lake Louise, Alberta, next week. Good friend and rival Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany told The Associated Press on Thursday after a downhill training run that the two are planning to travel together to Lake Louise on Monday. "Shes really positive," said Hoefl-Riesch, who spent some time with Vonn earlier in the week. "Im looking forward to seeing her back on skis and finally back racing. "If she feels well and has no pain and no unstable feeling, I think shes strong enough in her head to ski 100 per cent." Vonn had a training mishap in Copper Mountain nine days ago and partially tore a reconstructed ligament in her right knee. At the time on Facebook, she called it a "temporary setback" and that "nothing will keep me from picking myself back up and continuing to fight for my dreams." The Sochi Olympics are in February. Vonn hasnt raced since tearing ligaments in her right knee during a high-speed accident at the world championships in February. She was well ahead of schedule for a World Cup return -- with her first competition scheduled to be this weekend in Beaver Creek -- before her crash at the U.S. speed centre in Copper. Just the news that Vonn was back on skis was greeted as a good sign for teammate Leanne Smith. "Im psyched for her," Smith said. "I just want her to feel comfortable and ready to get back on it. ... I know shes working (hard) and thats all that matters. I hope the progression is easy for her and that her confidence is right back again." In an interview with NBCs "Today" show on Wednesday, Vonn said that her recent crash was caused when she caught an edge, flipped over her skis and "went head-first into the fence." She said the knee wasnt the reason for the spill and that her protective brace saved her from possibly more damage. "Unfortunately, it was really bad timing for me," Vonn said. "Im still confident. I still feel like I have a lot left to achieve this season. ... I still have time before Sochi." In her Facebook post Thursday, Vonn didnt indicate how aggressively she skied or how long she was on the hill. She did thank Vail for opening the lifts early and wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving. "Im very thankful for many things this year (family, loved ones, great fans) but at this moment Im happy to be on the mountain doing what I love -- skiing!!" she posted. Vonn needs just three more wins to match Austrian great Annemarie Moser-Proells record of 62 World Cup race victories. Cheap Air Max From China . Wawrinka, who is seeded fourth, is in the top half of the draw with Serbian Novak Djokovic. The Swiss star outlasted Djokovic in a five-set quarterfinal thriller last year and stunned Spaniard Rafael Nadal in the final to capture his first-ever Grand Slam title. Discount Air Max . While he was away, it was the division-rival Baltimore Orioles conducting a little business of their own, scooping up Ubaldo Jimenez on Monday evening to a reported four-year, $50-million contract. https://www.airmaxchina.us/.com) - Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Edwin Encarnacion has been named the American League Player of the Week for the period ending May 11. Cheap Air Max For Sale . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. Air Max Sale .com) - Bradley Beal deposited a season-high 33 points and John Wall posted another double-double as the Washington Wizards went on the road and beat the Houston Rockets, 104-103.Orla Chennaoui looks at the current state of some of the venues for this summers Olympic Games in her latest report from Rio. Organisers say 95 per cent of the work has been completed at the venues with just four months to go until the start of the Games, although that does vary from one venue to the other.Orla takes a look at the Olympic Park, the rowing and canoeiing lake and the Aquatic Centre as she continues her Brazilian tour.ddddddddddddClick play to watch the video.... Also See: Will Rios velodrome be ready GB happy with Olympic camp Team GB set up in Brazil GB gearing up for Rio ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen