MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins rewarded their manager with the best possible birthday gift. Casey McGehee hit a sharp grounder that

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 18.06.2019 05:10
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins rewarded their manager with the best possible birthday gift. Casey McGehee hit a sharp grounder that caromed into right field off the back of reliever Gonzalez Germens foot, allowing the winning run to score, and the Miami Marlins rallied late from a three-run deficit Monday night to beat the New York Mets 4-3. "I didnt get (gifts) but Ill take the win," said Miami manager Mike Redmond, who turned 43. "The presents stopped coming about five, six years ago." Jarrod Saltalamacchia hit a tying double in the eighth off Daisuke Matsuzaka, who failed to retire any of the five batters he faced in relief of Jonathon Niese. Giancarlo Stanton had an RBI single and the Marlins scored another run on shortstop Omar Quintanillas fielding error in the eighth. Christian Yelich led off the ninth with a single off Scott Rice (0-1). He advanced to second on Ed Lucas sacrifice. Germen intentionally walked Giancarlo Stanton before McGehee got his RBI single. "Everybody kind of knew they were going to walk Stanton there," McGehee. "I just tried to have a good at-bat. I was able to get a ball to hit hard." Marlins closer Steve Cishek (2-1) pitched to a scoreless ninth for the win. Miami is now 15-5 at home and 6-1 in its current nine-game homestand. The Marlins have won two in a row in their final at-bat. Christian Yelich and Ed Lucas led off the eighth with walks. Stanton followed with an RBI single and Quintanilla let McGehee get through his legs, allowing Lucas to score. Saltalamacchia doubled to right-centre to make it 3-all. "Any time you can get on the board and you can get into a position that you can tie the ball game, I felt good," Saltalamacchia said. "Ive caught Daisuke before so I have seen his stuff. I was pretty comfortable up there. I was able to get decent wood in it." Kyle Farnsworth relieved Matsuzaka and with the infield drawn in retired Jeff Baker on a grounder to second. Farnsworth walked pinch-hitter Garret Jones and struck out Adeiny Hechavarria and retired Marcel Ozuna on a grounder to third. "When I was warming up in the bullpen, I was struggling with my command," Matsuzaka said through an interpreter. "I tried to focus on the batter and getting outs. I really regret taking away Nieses win the teams win." Niese pitched seven shutout innings and allowed five hits, struck out six and walked one but was replaced after throwing 108 pitches. Niese has permitted one run or less in his last four starts. "Anytime a game is lost, its tough to watch," Niese said. "But its just one game. I never want to leave a game but 108 pitches, I figured our bullpen has been doing great." Daniel Murphy and Curtis Granderson homered off Miamis Nathan Eovaldi in the first inning for 2-0 lead. Murphys shot over the fence in right field was his first of the season and Granderson hit his third with a drive that bounced off the upper deck in right-centre field. Bobby Abreu had a sacrifice fly to left, scoring David Wright in the fourth. Wright led off the inning with a double and advanced to third on Grandesons single. Eovaldi scattered five hits, walked one and struck out a career-high 10 in seven innings. "The Marlins have been hot, especially in this park and late," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "They can be really tough." Eric Young Jr. returned to the lineup and went 1 for 4 after a freakish pregame injury Sunday. Young was struck on the right cheek off a batted ball from Lucas Duda that bounced off an indoor batting cage. Although he passed concussion tests, Young said he felt dizzy and manager Terry Collins sat him out of the series finale against the Rockies. Marlins starter Jose Fernandez said his left thigh feels fine and he will make his next start after being struck by a one-hopper off the bat of Dee Gordon in the fifth inning of Miamis 5-4 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers Sunday. Fernandez went 4-1 with a 1.59 ERA in April, earning his first NL Pitcher of the Month award. NOTES: The Mets scored in the first inning for the fourth consecutive game. ... Young made a diving catch to rob Giancarlo Stanton of a base hit in the seventh. ... The roof at Marlins Park was opened for the seventh time this season. ... Henderson Alvarez (1-2, 3.28) is scheduled to start Tuesday for Miami against the New York Mets Bartolo Colon (2-4, 5.65). Cheap Celtics Jerseys . JOHNS, N. Robert Williams Jersey . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. http://www.cheapcelticsjerseyschina.com/bill-russell-jersey/. - Florida State has suspended Jameis Winston for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday, extending its initial punishment of one half after the quarterback made offensive and vulgar comments about female anatomy earlier this week. Larry Bird Jersey . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. Youth Celtics Jerseys .com) - Top seed Klara Zakopalova reached the second round, while former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone came up a loser Tuesday at the inaugural Rio Open tennis event.NEW ORLEANS - The NFL Players Association is asking player agents to warn clients that signing with the New Orleans Saints could subject them to unfavourable workers compensation benefits. In an email Friday, NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith said union officials believe agents should "consider the Saints efforts" to push for legislation that would substantially reduce benefits to players who are hurt outside the 17-week regular season, when player salaries are paid. Players receive only per diems during off-season workouts and training camp. Under legislation which has passed the Louisiana House of Representatives and awaits consideration in the state Senate, workers compensation benefits could be based on per diems — rather than the full annual value of a contract — if injuries occurred in the off-season. "We are actively involved in the effort to defeat this bill but we feel it is important for you to consider the Saints efforts given your representation of our players and the advice you would have to give to any free agent player considering an opportunity to play for the Saints," Smith wrote. "Please advise your players of the potential consequences of the Saints efforts should they sign with the Saints." Bill supporters say it would place athletes under the same rules as other Louisiana employees. The Saints have not commented on the legislation since its introduction in the House of Representatives, but quarterback Drew Brees has come out publicly against it. In a written statement distributed by the NFLPA, Brees said the legislation "is not good for Saints players, not good for our team or other sports teams in Louisiana and not good for our state." "The job of legislators in Louisiana is to protect injured workers and fight for theiir workers comp benefits, not find ways to support bills like this one which reduce the workers comp benefits we receive when we get hurt.dddddddddddd There is no financial benefit to the state with this bill, only team management," Brees continued. "Whether we get hurt during the season or in the preseason, it is all the same. It is in preparation to help us win a championship for our community." The legislation, called House Bill 1069, aims to calculate workers compensation benefits for pro athletes based only on recent earnings. The NFLs collective bargaining agreement has a formula that also includes future earnings and is aimed at ensuring that benefits are calculated on the full annual value of a players contract. The bill is sponsored by state Reps. Chris Broadwater, R-Hammond, and Cameron Henry, R-Metairie. Broadwater has said the Saints asked for the bill, which aims to clarify in law that pro athletes cannot be exempt from a state formula that applies to every other Louisiana employee seeking workers compensation benefits after a workplace injury. The NFLPA counters that athletes should not be punished with potentially reduced benefits simply because their salaries are not distributed evenly over a 52-week period. In past years, the same matter has spawned several lawsuits between the Saints and former players — with differing outcomes depending on the venue. A state appeals courts in Jefferson Parish, home of Saints headquarters, has sided with the clubs assertion that players must follow precisely the same formula as other Louisiana employees. However, an appeals court in Orleans Parish, where the Superdome is located, has ruled that the annual value of player contracts should serve as the basis for benefits, regardless of when the injury occurs. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen