suspended defenceman Deryk Engellan

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 14.06.2019 05:30
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have plenty of familiar names up and down their roster. Now they are excelling even with some prominent players on the shelf. Sidney Crosby didnt score any goals against the New York Rangers on Wednesday night -- not in regulation, overtime or the shootout -- but he assisted on two and helped the Penguins bounce back from a blown late lead and earn a 4-3 victory. Brandon Sutter was the star this time as the Penguins played without injured centre Evgeni Malkin and a slew of hurt or suspended defencemen. Sutter scored one of Pittsburghs two third-period goals that gave the Penguins a 3-1 lead, and then netted the only tally in the five-round shootout. "If everybody got healthy tomorrow, youd talk about a significant group of guys getting back in the lineup," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. "I dont think how we play -- expectations, style of play, game plan -- really changes much by getting one or two players back or getting everybody back." The Penguins will be without Malkin again on Thursday when they host Minnesota, but suspended forward James Neal is expected to return after serving a five-game ban. Still, Pittsburgh has been relying on fill-ins and hasnt missed a beat. The Eastern Conference-leading Penguins have won five straight and are 10-1-1 in their last 12. "Thats the good part about having these guys come in and play," Bylsma said. "They know exactly how to play, and they know what the expectation is. Theyve gone out and theyve played that way." Sutter gave the Penguins a 3-1 lead just 1:01 after Pascal Dupuis snapped a 1-1 tie, but Pittsburgh couldnt hold the edge. Dupuis gave the Penguins their second lead, off a feed from Crosby at 5:25, and Sutter used a strong individual effort to make it a two-goal advantage at 6:26. Chris Kunitz had a goal and assist, and Crosby increased his NHL-leading point total to 49. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 29 shots through overtime and then five in the shootout. Mats Zuccarello and Derick Brassard rallied the Rangers with goals 5:31 apart to tie it with 1:46 left in regulation. Henrik Lundqvist got it to overtime and withstood a hard hit from Kunitz, who bowled him over in the extra session -- striking the goalie in the head and taking a penalty for interference. The Rangers, however, couldnt take advantage of that power play as they did on Brassards tying goal. New York earned a standings point with its second straight shootout after not being forced to the tiebreaker round all season. Lundqvist shook off Kunitzs hit, he just couldnt carry the Rangers all the way back for a win. "It was a big point," Lundqvist said. "I played a pretty good game, I think. I just hate losing in the shootout." Zuccarello started the comeback when he shoved in a rebound of defenceman John Moores shot that trickled between Fleurys pads into the crease at 12:43. Brassard made it 3-3 when he ripped a shot from the bottom of the left circle into the top right corner of the net. It came 57 seconds after Pittsburghs Matt Niskanen went off for high-sticking. Carl Hagelin scored for New York in the second period, and Lundqvist made 30 saves through overtime in his seventh straight start, but the Rangers dropped to 1-3-2 on their team-record, nine-game homestand. New York was looking to win two straight, building off a shootout victory over Calgary on Sunday. "We put some points together, and if we do this continuously, I think guys will start to feel a lot better about themselves," Rangers forward Brad Richards said. The Penguins stayed hot despite also missing injured defencemen Kris Letang, Rob Scuderi, Paul Martin, and Brooks Orpik, and suspended defenceman Deryk Engelland, who received a five-game ban Wednesday. The Rangers, who beat Pittsburgh 5-1 in the season-series opener on Nov. 6, fell to 2-14-1 when they allow the first goal. Hagelin, who had gone eight games without a goal before he scored Sunday, tied it 1-1 with 4:25 left in the second period. It was his seventh this season Pittsburgh had taken a 1-0 lead on its second power play of the period and the game 2:51 earlier on Kunitzs 18th goal and team-leading ninth with a man advantage. NOTES: Penguins D Philip Samuelsson played his second NHL game, two nights after making his debut. His father, Ulf, is a Rangers assistant coach. ... Kunitz has points in 10 of 12 games: seven goals and six assists. ... Moore had two assists to increase his season point total to seven. Discount Custom Baseball Jerseys . Yet heading to New York, the Habs remain positive as it all comes down to the one main ingredient that the organization has built its team on - character. Custom Miami Marlins Jerseys . LOUIS -- Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks won the matchup of unbeaten teams. http://www.customjerseysbaseball.com/cus...rseys-824x.html. I kind of got a taste of being able to pick a suit with the draft lottery, I went with the bow tie. Custom Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. Custom Washington Nationals Jerseys . Like a magic trick, the puck popped out behind Stalock in the San Jose net. While Sharks coach Todd McLellan decried the legality of the tiebreaking goal, the Los Angeles Kings celebrated their latest, greatest escape yet.VANCOUVER - Kari Lehtonen got to work early against the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.The Dallas goalie stoned Radim Vrbata just over 30 seconds into the first period, and stared down a number of other great chances in the opening 20 minutes in the Stars 2-0 victory.Thats always huge when you are able to make a great first save, said Lehtonen, who made 27 stops to pick up his second shutout of the season. That gave me lots of confidence and that carried later on in the game.Dallas has been dreadful defensively this season, averaging an NHL-worst 3.52 goals against per game coming into Wednesday, but played a solid final 40 minutes to hand Vancouver its fifth straight loss.A lot of the time you point to your goaltender whether you win it or you lose it, said Stars head coach Lindy Ruff. When you lose you often point at him and when you win its the guy thats going to get the credit. He made a couple big saves when we came out a little bit flat and I thought that really picked the team up.Dallas (12-13-5) has wobbled through the start of the season with losing streaks of seven, four and three games, but Lehtonen — who sports a .906 save percentage and a 2.97 GAA — hasnt been terrible. Hes just been hung out to dry a lot of nights.There has been some rough games and some games I have not done a great job so it kind of goes hand in hand, said Lehtonen. Some nights players make it really easy for me and some nights I have to make some great saves, but thaats just part of the job.ddddddddddddehtonen said hes been guilty of trying to do too much at times and as a result, finds himself out of position in the crease.I think I should be more patient and play a more simple game when things get harder, he said. I was able to do that today, always wait where they are shooting and then trust that I can be fast and make the saves and it worked out tonight. I just have to keep doing that.The Stars answered Lehtonens great first period on Wednesday with a much-improved effort, holding the Canucks to just four shots in the second.He gave us a fighting chance in the first period to win a hockey game and the second period we answered the bell by going after them pretty good, said Ruff. Weve been working hard playing defence in the offensive zone, controlling the puck and zone time. I thought we did a lot better job of that. We had some shifts that we totally finished in the offensive zone.The Stars — with a potent offence lead by Tyler Seguin — arent by any means out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference, but an improved defensive game will be key to them making a run at the post-season.And so will a lot more nights like this one from Lehtonen.When you struggle and bad or tough goals go in its hard, said Ruff. The hope tank for the team goes down (but) when your goalies playing great you think you can beat anybody.A counter punch off a big save is often one of the deadliest things in the game. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen