PHILADELPHIA - DeSean Jackson went from the trading block to the chopping block. Jackson is out in Philly — just as Mark Sanchez

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 14.06.2019 05:12
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA - DeSean Jackson went from the trading block to the chopping block. Jackson is out in Philly — just as Mark Sanchez was on his way into town. Unable to find a taker on the trade market, the Eagles released him, ending the Pro Bowl wide receivers six-year stint with the team. His playmaking days are over in Philly, and the tailspin from key cog to unexpected free agent comes with a hint that off-field issues are at the root of the split. Jackson thanked the Eagles organization and fans in a statement Friday, and also denied "unfounded reports" that he was released for any reason related to his lifestyle. "I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang," Jackson said. "I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. "I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true." Before releasing Jackson, the Eagles announced they had signed Sanchez. Bounced out of New York after the Jets signed Michael Vick last week, Sanchez moved down turnpike to Philadelphia in what essentially was a swap with Vick. "I think we passed each other on the train," Sanchez said, laughing. Sanchez can wave goodbye to Jackson, too. Jackson was coming off a career-best season in Philadelphia, leading the team with 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns. He had a $10.25 million contract for the 2014 season and was signed through 2016. "After careful consideration over this off-season, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson," the Eagles said in a statement. The Eagles had no other comment. Jacksons agent, Joel Segal, did not immediately return a request for comment. Jackson has 356 career receptions for 6,117 yards and 32 touchdowns. Hes a dangerous returner who went to the Pro Bowl in 2009 after taking two punts the distance. Jackson has four career scores on punt returns, including the memorable 65-yard game-ending return to cap a comeback win over the New York Giants in 2010. The 27-year-old receiver is entering his seventh NFL season. The Eagles had been put out feelers that Jackson was available. Coach Chip Kelly refused to commit on Jacksons return at this weeks NFL meetings. But other teams could be quick to sign one of the NFLs top receivers. Speaking at the NFL meetings, Jets owner Woody Johnson expressed interest in Jackson, saying: "Were looking at a number of players, including DeSean." Jackson could be a showboat — memorably dropping the ball in celebration before the goal line after an apparent long touchdown — and upset the Eagles this season when he lobbied for a new contact shortly after they were eliminated in the playoffs. His departure leaves the Eagles with Riley Cooper, who survived a video scandal that showed him using the N-word at a concert, and Jeremy Maclin as the starting wide receivers. "We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldnt be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly," offensive lineman Jason Kelce tweeted. Theres no locker room divide at quarterback. Sanchez, in his sixth year in the league, will be added to a mix of quarterbacks that includes Nick Foles, Matt Barkley and G.J. Kinne. In college, Barkley succeeded Sanchez at Southern California. "Im not stirring up a controversy," Sanchez said at a news conference. "Im here to help this team win." While Vick will compete with Smith for the starting job in New York, Sanchez comes to Philadelphia as insurance. Foles had a breakout sophomore season and led the Eagles to the NFC East title after replacing an injured Vick in Week 5. Foles threw 29 touchdowns and only two interceptions in 11 starts, including a playoff loss to New Orleans. The Eagles still have plenty of offensive playmakers, trading for running back Darren Sproles to go along with NFL rushing champion LeSean McCoy. The options were part of what made Philadelphia so appealing to Sanchez. "This team, this coach, the kind of offensive firepower they have," Sanchez said, "its just an exciting element to being here in Philadelphia." Wholesale Jaguars Jerseys . The 25-year-old McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland, was eligible to play for either Ireland or Team GB when golf makes its return to the Olympics in Brazil for the first time since 1904. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys .com) - Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh called Joe Flacco the NFLs best quarterback last week. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseyselite.com/. After rookie right-hander Alex Colome excelled in a 5-2 victory in the opener, the Rays fell to Chris Tillman and the Orioles 4-1 on Friday night. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys China . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys . Chile applied pressure in midfield right from the beginning, challenging aggressively and continually surging forward. Eduardo Vargas beat the offside trap and fired home a stinging shot for Chiles opening goal in the fifth minute. LOS ANGELES -- If Donald Sterling is compelled to sell the Los Angeles Clippers, the list of potential buyers has more stars than their roster. Oprah Winfrey is contemplating a bid. Sean Combs is a Knicks fan, but he wants in. Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants the whole team. Matt Damon wants a tiny piece. Billionaires, entertainers and athletes alike announced their intentions to pursue the Clippers with varying degrees of seriousness Wednesday, proving the longtime losers will be quite a prize if the NBA is able to wrest control of the team away from Sterling after his lifetime ban for racist remarks. Winfrey led the list, and the media mogul is already bringing in her friends. "Oprah Winfrey is in discussions with David Geffen and Larry Ellison to make a bid for the Los Angeles Clippers should the team become available," spokesperson Nicole Nichols confirmed in an email. If Winfrey joins Geffen, the billionaire entertainment executive, and Oracle CEO Ellison to pool their vast resources for a bid, they could be among the top contenders for a franchise that would be among the most valuable sports properties to hit the market since the Los Angeles Dodgers $2 billion sale in 2012 to the Guggenheim Partners group fronted by Magic Johnson, the Lakers great and another potential Clippers bidder. The Clippers spent the last three decades rotting in the shadow of the glamorous Lakers, who piled up championships while the lowly Clips only racked up losses. With Sterlings ouster, the Clippers suddenly became the most attractive team in town to wealthy fans lining up for an unlikely chance to seize control of a Hollywood sports franchise on the move. David Carter, the executive director of USCs Sports Business Institute, identifies multiple factors contributing to the Clippers extraordinary value. "Interest in the team results from the combination of NBA teams being rare assets that are seldom available for purchase, the location of this particular team, and potential owners belief that revenue streams linked to rehabbing the brand and participating in future revenue linked to a new TV deal all make the team very attractive to prospective buyers," Carter said. For a day, almost everybody seemed interested in being those buyers -- and even entertainers without those limitless resources were clamouring for the chance. Combs, Rick Ross and Snoop Dogg all aired their interest, as did longtime Clippers fan Frankie Muniz and Damon, who told CNBC hed like to be a "super tiny minority investor." Fans also got in on the frenzy, opening campaigns on Kickstarter and Crowdtilt to pool their resources for the club. Mayweather spoke seriously about his interest while preparing for his fight with Marcos Maidana this Saaturday, although Money May would have to curb his enthusiastic sports gambling habit.dddddddddddd Oscar De La Hoya, the majority shareholder in Golden Boy Promotions whose statue sits outside Staples Center, volunteered himself as a part-owner. "The league has made it known that it wants more minorities involved, and as a proud Mexican-American, I will bring a different perspective to the NBA in general, and the Clippers in particular," De La Hoya said. "I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I know what it takes to run a successful sports entity." A vocal segment of the NBAs social media following immediately started a campaign to move the Clippers to Seattle, a basketball-loving city that has been without a team since Clay Bennett moved the SuperSonics to Oklahoma City in 2008. But much of the Clippers value results from their location in the nations second-largest city and their opportunity to sign a lucrative new television rights deal in 2016. The Clippers association with Sterlings racist remarks could have been crushing to their prestige and value, but they dont seem to be a problem if Sterling is no longer associated with the club. "The short term damage has been dramatic, but Commissioner (Adam) Silver provided a tourniquet that has stopped the brand erosion," Carter said. "The NBA, working in conjunction with new ownership, will have an extraordinary opportunity to rehabilitate the teams reputation, and then extend its brand." The Clippers havent been known for success during most of their existence, but thats changing. And whats more, the Clippers are cool. Led by point guard Chris Paul and high-flying forward Blake Griffin -- two All-Stars signed to long-term contracts -- the Clippers have won two straight Pacific Division titles and are on the brink of their third playoff series victory since Sterling bought the team in 1981. The Clippers have captured the imagination of Los Angeles counterculture, the transplants and contrarian fans who arent interested in the Lakers bandwagon. Theyre also attracting more of an international following with each highlight-reel performance by Paul and dunking virtuosos DeAndre Jordan and Griffin, who coined the phrase "Lob City" to describe their daredevil style of play. And it doesnt hurt that the Lakers just finished their worst season in more than 50 years, missing the playoffs for just the third time in 38 seasons. The Lakers appear to be years away from title contention, while the Clippers are built to contend every year in the near future. "Were proud of this team," Clippers guard Jamal Crawford said. "Were proud of our city, and we want to make them proud of us." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen