LA PLAGNE, France -- Canadian skicross star Marielle Thompson capped her dream season in style Sunday by winning her second care

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 13.06.2019 05:20
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

LA PLAGNE, France -- Canadian skicross star Marielle Thompson capped her dream season in style Sunday by winning her second career Crystal Globe. Thompson, who won Olympic gold last month at the Sochi Games, edged Fanny Smith of Switzerland to win the final World Cup of the season and the overall title. "Once I was in the gate I was in my zone and comfortable," Thompson said on a conference call. "I just focused on what I needed to do. I think thats the way to do it." The Canadian entered the competition with a slim five-point lead on Smith in the World Cup overall standings. Thompson fell behind her main rival in the final before executing a dramatic pass to move in front to stay. "I knew that everything came down to that last run down the course so it was pretty intense, especially being behind out of the gate and having to make that pass," Thompson said. "It was probably one of the most exciting moments for me in a long while on the skicross course. "It was really great for me to make that pass. Its not very fun skiing behind people. I like skiing in front." Smith settled for silver and Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., won bronze. Calgarys Brady Leman won bronze in the mens race. Jean Frederic Chapuis of France won gold and Austrias Christoph Wahrstoetter took the silver. "I think I made more finals than any other guy this year," Leman said. "They didnt really go my way and I didnt have my best skiing when I made it to the medal rounds and when it really counts. I know Im there and I know Ive been super-competitive every week this year which is good because thats something that Ive struggled with in the past. "But you always want more so I know what Ive got to focus on this summer at least anyway." Leman reached the final at the Olympics but just missed the podium with a fourth-place finish. Thompson led a 1-2 Canadian finish in the womens final at Sochi with teammate Kelsey Serwa. "The main goal this year was the Olympics and once I realized that goal I had to refocus and think about the Globe," said Thompson. "In the final (Sunday) I needed to be patient. I waited for the right moment (to pass) and it happened to be near the end. "I nailed the big super-G turn and I was able to move past her." Thompson, from Whistler, B.C., became the first Canadian to win a skicross Crystal Globe in 2012. The 21-year-old won this seasons overall title with 755 points. "Im just really happy that I could realize all my goals and not really disappoint myself," she said. Smith was second with 730 points and Ophelie David of France was third with 572 points. Swedens Victor Oehling Norberg won the mens Crystal Globe with 494 points. Andreas Matt of Austria was second with 482 points and Germanys Daniel Bohnacker was third with 399 points. Dave Duncan of London, Ont., was leading the World Cup rankings when he was injured during the qualification round at the last World Cup stop in Are, Sweden. He missed his last three races and settled for sixth overall. Switzerland won the Nations Cup for the second straight year with 2,261 points. Canada was second with 2,154 points. Indianapolis Colts Jerseys China . -- The Chicago Bears agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract with defensive lineman Israel Idonije and are bringing him back for a second stint. Cheap Indianapolis Colts Gear . - Considering where Jeff Gordon was after Richmond, left out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in part due to some late-race shenanigans, he couldnt have been happier on Sunday. http://www.coltscheap.com/79m-cheap-cust...-Colts.html.com) - Robert Upshaw made a putback jumper to put 17th-ranked Washington ahead with 1:27 remaining in the game and the Huskies held on to beat Eastern Washington 81-77 on Sunday. Indianapolis Colts Khari Willis Jersey . His recovery time is expected to be six to eight months. Seidenberg was injured in the third period of Fridays 5-0 victory over the Ottawa Senators, when he got his leg tangled with forward Cory Conacher. Indianapolis Colts Bobby Okereke Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value.(SportsNetwork.com) - The top-seeded Anaheim Ducks will aim for a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference first round series tonight when they host the Dallas Stars at the Honda Center. The game can be seen live on TSN and TSN GO at 10pm et/7pm pt. Ryan Getzlaf will play after suffering a deep facial laceration late in Game 1 because of getting hit with a puck. He required multiple stitches to close the cut, but that x-rays were negative. "He has no one to impress. He has a wife and kids. I think he looks good. This is playoff hockey," quipped Ducks defenseman Ben Lovejoy. Getzlaf, a Stanley Cup winner in 2007 with the franchise, has 22 goals and 39 assists in 70 postseason appearances. Getzlaf and his wife, Paige, had a baby girl this morning as well. The Ducks Matt Beleskey suffered a lower-body injury in Game 1 and will not play Friday. Devante Smith-Pelly will likely start in place of Beleskey, but head coach Bruce Boudreau said others might get the chance to play on that line as well. The Ducks led the West with 116 points -- 25 more than Dallas -- and their supremacy showed in the early portion of Wednesdays Game 1 victory. However, after jumping out to a four-goal lead, Anaheim was forced to hang on for a 4-3 decision in the opener. Anaheim held a 4-0 lead just over nine minutes into the second period, but Dallas cut the deficit to two goals by the end of 40 minutes and made it a 4-3 game when Tyler Seguin scored with a little over six minutes remaining in the third period. However, rookie goaltender Frederik Andersen, who got the start in net for Anaheim over Jonas Hiller, turned away all comers over the final six minutes to help the Ducks grab the early edge. Andersen finished with 32 saves in his postseason debut for the Ducks, who used a 54-20-8 regular-season record -- the best in franchise history -- to secure the conferences top spot. "We let up a little bit in the third after our fourth goal, so this is a good lesson for us," said Andersen, who became the first rookie goaaltender in club history to win his playoff debut.dddddddddddd "Hopefully we can prevent that from happening again." Anaheim plans on sticking with Andersen in Game 2. Hiller led Anaheim with 50 appearances in net this season, but the veteran did not play in seven of Anaheims final eight regular-season games. Getzlaf and Beleskey each supplied a goal and an assist for the Ducks, with Kyle Palmieri and Mathieu Perreault supplying a goal apiece. Anaheims Teemu Selanne notched an assist for his 83rd career postseason point (42 goals, 41 assists) in 119 games. The 43-year-old future Hall of Famer plans on retiring at the end of the season. Jamie Benn and Colton Sceviour scored 1:33 apart late in the second to kick off Dallas valiant comeback effort. Sceviour added an assist on Benns goal while Kari Lehtonen allowed four goals on 35 shots for the Stars, who claimed the Wests second wild card spot to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2008. "We had a tough start," Benn admitted. "They came out hot in their building. They are really good in this rink. I thought we battled back pretty good there but it just wasnt enough." Benn and Sceviour were both making their playoff debuts, while the 22-year-old Seguin, a former Boston Bruin, now has 19 points (7 goals, 12 assists) over 43 postseason contests. This series marks the third all-time playoff meeting between these clubs and first since the Stars bested the Ducks in six games during the 2008 Western Conference quarterfinals. After Game 2, the series will shift to Dallas for the next two meetings. The Stars will host Game 3 on Monday with Game 4 scheduled for Wednesday. Projected Stars Lines Benn - Seguin - WhitneyRoussel - Eakin - ChiassonCole - Horcoff - GarbuttSceviour - Fiddler - Nichuskin Goligoski - DaleyNemeth - BennConnauton - Gonchar Lehotenen Projected Ducks Lines Smith-Pelley - Getzlaf - PerryWinnik - Bonino - PalmieriCogliano - Koivu - SilfverbergMaroon - Perrault - Selanne Lindholm - BeaucheminFowler - Lovejoy Allen - Robidas Andersen Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen