KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Brandt Snedeker starts a new year in golf with hopes of avoiding an old problem -- staying healthy. The Tourn

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 11.06.2019 04:52
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Brandt Snedeker starts a new year in golf with hopes of avoiding an old problem -- staying healthy. The Tournament of Champions, which starts Friday, is his first event since a freak accident in Shanghai two months ago. Snedeker was on a Segway scooter during a corporate outing at Sheshan International when he took a tumble and injured his left knee. "I had been on one all day in this pro-am," Snedeker said Wednesday. "I was going down the last hole, seeing how fast I could get it going. I hit a sprinkler head, lost control a little bit and jumped off. I landed on my knee and my knee popped." He feared he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament. Just his luck, he only suffered a small tear, along with a cracked tibia and a deep bone bruise. It was enough to keep him out of the Australian PGA, World Challenge in California and the Franklin Templeton Shootout in Florida. Harris English replaced him as Matt Kuchars partner in the Shootout, and they went on to win. Snedeker said the knee feels good, though the real test starts Friday. He spent last week playing at Hideaway in the California desert, walking 18 holes a day and carrying his own bag. The good news at Kapalua is that he has his caddie. Not so good is that the Plantation Course was built on the side of a mountain, featuring some of the steepest climbs hell face all year. "Ive had a few aches and pains of playing again, but nothing that concerns me," Snedeker said. "The only thing Im worried about is walking 18 holes here. Palm Springs is dead flag. Walking this golf course is a little different." And the last time the six-time PGA Tour winner carried his own bag? "Its funny, I got into this routine of doing it after injuries," Snedeker said. Not so funny is that it has become a routine. In his seven years on tour, Snedeker has had surgery on both hips to correct a degenerative problem. He missed the 2012 U.S. Open because of a rib injury. After one of the hottest stretches of last year -- second to Tiger Woods at Torrey Pines, second to Phil Mickelson in Phoenix and then a victory at Pebble Beach -- Snedeker had recurring problems with his ribs and missed the next month. Snedeker said his rookie season was his only injury-free year. "Its very concerning," he said. "I dont consider myself that, but the evidence bears out that I am injury-prone. Over the course of your career, youre going to have injuries. Im hoping all mine are in a five-year stretch." Hes been taking medication and paying close attention to his diet to stay on top of his fitness, but just like most people, Snedeker will stray on occasion. "You get healthy and you forget about it," he said. "You get injured and you start worrying. Im no different from anyone else." Now, he can hope thats all behind him. Snedeker believes the best part of his career is ahead of him, and hes excited about the major championship venues, with Pinehurst No. 2 among his favourite course in America. He was tied with Angel Cabrera going into the final round of the Masters last year, and he has come to love links golf at the British Open, with strong showings the last two years. His biggest goal for 2014? "Im looking forward to playing an injury-free year," he said with a grin. Glover Quin Jersey . There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. Kenny Golladay Jersey . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. http://www.officialdetroitlionsfootball....jersey-womens.C. -- Kevin Harvick won his first career pole at Darlington Raceway on Friday as he looks to chase his first Southern 500. Jarrad Davis Jersey . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. DaShawn Hand Jersey . In the opening game of his fourth-round match at the U.S. Open, the owner of 17 major titles got passed at the net twice, sailed a backhand long, then missed two forehands to get broken.The Edmonton Eskimos finished 2013 in the West Division basement with a 4-14 record, missing out on the playoffs before firing head coach Kavis Reed. The team is no doubt staring at a rebuild in the coming months, the kind made necessary only by the type of calamitous season fans in the City of Champions had to endure. But it wasnt a total waste. From their dreadful 2013 season emerged what appears to be their answer at QB. Mike Reilly looks the part of a franchise player at the position, ready to fill the void left when Ricky Ray was shipped East in a puzzling trade with the Toronto Argonauts two off-seasons ago. The Esks are set at the most important position on the roster and thats half the battle. Whats left – and what GM Ed Hervey needs to spend the off-season accomplishing – is building a team around Reilly. Theyve got their head coach in place in former Toronto Argonauts defensive coordinator Chris Jones, now they have to fill the various other holes on their team. There is some talent on offennce, largely in the receiving corps.dddddddddddd Pairing a healthy Cary Koch with Fred Stamps and Adarius Bowman is a good start, while Nate Coehoorn and Shamawd Chambers offer some non-import talent. The running game however, could use some work. Edmontons running back depth chart was ever-evolving this past season and while that was in part due to injury, no-one was capable of taking the reins fulltime. Hervey has a decision to make on pending free agent Hugh Charles, the teams top gaining running back, although Reilly led the team in rushing from his QB position. On the other side of the ball, Edmonton is looking to repair a defence that gave up the second most points in the league and featured just one division all-star in DT Almondo Sewell. A bright young defensive mind highly thought of in the CFL, will Jones at head coach alone be enough to turn around Edmontons poruous defensive unit? The Rouge asks: How do the Eskimos best compliment Reilly for 2014 and beyond? As always, its Your! Call. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen