was kind of aggressive so you felt

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 03.06.2019 05:15
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

LAKE LOUISE, Alta. - Tina Mazes gamble paid off handsomely. The Slovenian won the season-opening womens World Cup downhill Friday at the Lake Louise Ski Resort.The Olympic gold medallist in both downhill and giant slalom this year was fastest in the second training run. She decided to skip the third and final training session Thursday.Its a risky decision to make, Maze said. I was really nervous, I must say.It was a long, long day yesterday and today to start. Waiting is sometimes tough. I think it was a good decision and Im ready for the next two races.Another downhill is scheduled for Saturday with a super-G to follow Sunday.Maze claimed her 25th career World Cup victory Friday and her second this season to take the early lead in the overall standings. The 31-year-old also won a slalom last month in Levi, Finland.Her victory Friday was her first in Lake Louise.I came here with this wish to win once in Lake Louise, Maze said.Her time Friday was one minute 50.98 seconds in falling snow over the 3,097-metre course. Runner-up Anna Fenninger of Austria was almost half a second back in 1:51.43 while Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein was third in 1:51.52.U.S. ski star Lindsey Vonn was eighth in her first race in almost a year. The woman with 14 career wins in Lake Louise has undergone two knee surgeries in as many years. Vonn had been hoping for a top-five result Friday.I think Im ready to go faster now, Vonn said. For the first day back, I think it was a very solid result and Im definitely happy with it. Every race Im going to build more and more confidence.Although they were held off the podium Friday, the U.S. put four skiers in the top 10. Edmonton-born Laurenne Ross was fourth, Julia Mancuso finished seventh and Stacey Cook placed ninth.Last year was so rough for us that it really couldnt get a whole lot worse, so were excited to have a little more confidence than we had at the beginning of last season, Ross said.It feels good to know we can compete with the top girls, so I have a feeling this season is going to be a lot more positive for us.Larisa Yurkiw of Owen Sound, Ont., was the lone Canadian entrant and finished 22nd. She hadnt cracked the top 30 in training.I had a lot of work to do after the training runs, she said. They were not where Id hoped they would be. Coming into the race, I knew I had to make some big gains.I have to use my mature side and know that today was good, but Im still striving for that podium throughout this season.Yurkiw underwent a pair of off-season knee surgeries, which delayed her return to snow in the fall.Im a little low on mileage so I think my reactions are not quite there yet, she said.Maze tied for first with Dominique Gisin of Switzerland in the womens Olympic downhill and also won giant slalom gold in Sochi, Russia.Maze captured the overall womens World Cup title in 2013 for her results across all four disciplines of downhill, super-G, giant slalom and slalom. Winning each race, no matter where you are is really important, but as it is the first downhill ... its pretty amazing for me to be able to win here and to find right away this sliding feeling in downhill as Ive been in slalom and GS, Maze said.Fenninger was quickest in the third and final training run. While shes finished as high as second in super-G in Lake Louise, a silver medal in downhill was her best result at the ski resort west of Calgary.Its a pretty good start, the Austrian said. My run was good and Im happy.The first two days (of training) I had some problems with my boots and I did some tests. It was pretty important to be fast in the last (training).Weirather was second in a downhill and in super-G last year in Lake Louise. After three sunny days of training, she found the reduced visibility for Fridays race challenging.It wasnt easy because it snowed in the night, Weirather said. It was kind of aggressive so you felt a little sketchy. Your skis were always holding on and you couldnt see that much. It was tougher than the training runs.After winning the mens downhill and super-G in Lake Louise last weekend, Kjetil Jansrud of Norway kept his streak alive by capturing Fridays downhill in Beaver Creek, Colo. Calgarys Jan Hudec finished 17th and Manny Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 20th. Wholesale Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . Martin Reway and David Griger both recorded four points with a goal and three assists each. Mario Lunter, Daniel Gachulinec and Stanislav Horansky also scored for Slovakia (1-0). Dominik Kahun had both goals for Germany (0-2), who lost its opening match to Canada 7-2 on Thursday. Tony Gonzalez Jersey . JOHNS, N. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysauthentic....b-mcgary-jersey. The San Antonio Spurs handled the conditions, and the team, and it sure helped when a suffering LeBron James couldnt make it to the finish. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys 2018 . Or at least on everyone elses expectations. Costa Rica followed up its surprise win over Uruguay with another World Cup stunner on Friday, beating four-time champion Italy 1-0 to secure a spot in the next round and eliminate England in the process. Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys .com) - Robert Upshaw made a putback jumper to put 17th-ranked Washington ahead with 1:27 remaining in the game and the Huskies held on to beat Eastern Washington 81-77 on Sunday. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Curry scored 24 points and dished out nine assists, and the Golden State Warriors forced a decisive Game 7 by outlasting the Los Angeles Clippers 100-99 Thursday night. Andre Iguodala added 15 points and Draymond Green had 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Warriors, handing Los Angeles one more obstacle to overcome in a week full of them after Clippers owner Donald Sterling earned a lifetime ban from the NBA for his racist remarks. The finale of the first-round series will conclude Saturday night in Los Angeles. The Warriors limited big men Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan even after centre Jermaine ONeal left with a sprained right knee in the second quarter. The Clippers simply ran out of time in the closing minute, missing three shots before Matt Barnes made a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds to play. Los Angeles fouled Curry, who missed both free throws. Green grabbed the rebound as time expired, touching off a confetti-filled celebration throughout the gold-shirt wearing sellout crowd of 19,596, which packed an unusually warm Oracle Arena that rocked and roared throughout. Barnes finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds, Griffin had 17 points and nine rebounds before fouling out, and Jordan had 19 boards and nine rebounds for the Clippers, who are trying to win just their third playoff series since Sterling bought the franchise in 1981. Clippers point guard Chris Paul appeared hampered by the strained left hamstring that has bothered him all series. He crouched down and held his knees during stoppages, often wincing in pain. He had nine points, eight assists and five rebounds. With the stakes higher than theyve been all season, the teams traded blows in a fast and physical game that often featured more fouls than flamboyant plays. ONeal appeared to take the worst one, spraining his right knee when Glen "Big Baby" Davis lowered his shoulder and crashed into him while going for a rebound in the second quarter..dddddddddddd ONeal lay in pain until limping to the locker with the help of teammates. He did not return. Green filled the void for a Warriors front line already missing two centres, including starter Andrew Bogut, who has sat out the series with a fractured right rib. Greens physical play inside highlighted a game that officials had to constantly control. The teams combined for 31 fouls in the first half and 52 for the game. Griffin and J.J. Redick, and Golden States David Lee all fouled out in the fourth quarter. The teams kept things just as close on the scoreboard as on the court. Los Angeles led 51-48 at the half, while the Warriors went up 70-67 through three quarters. The Warriors began to pull away when Iguodala hit a corner 3-pointer in front of the Clippers bench, falling to the floor after drawing Griffins sixth foul with 2:31 to play. Iguodala strutted down court and gave a low-hand slap to Green as the crowd roared to its feet with Golden State up 96-89, but the celebration would have to wait. The Clippers came back quickly, cutting Golden States lead to two on a 3-pointer by Jamal Crawford and a layup by Barnes. Both teams missed several shots in the final minute, especially Los Angeles. The Clippers missed three straight shots -- and corralled three rebounds -- before Barnes hit the 3 with 1.1 seconds remaining to trim Golden States lead to one. Los Angeles had no time left for one more shot, forcing a much-anticipated finale between rising Pacific Division rivals. The Clippers and Warriors have played 10 games this season. Each team has won five. NOTES: The Warriors had lost seven straight elimination games since Sleepy Floyd scored 51 points to lead Golden State past the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals on May 5, 1987. ... The Warriors have won 17 of their past 20 home games against Los Angeles. ... Clippers reserve F Hedo Turkoglu sat out with a lower back injury suffered in Game 5. He is day to day. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen