NEW YORK -- Joe Girardis return as manager of the New York Yankees was all about family. Girardi signed a four-year contract tha

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 03.06.2019 05:04
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Joe Girardis return as manager of the New York Yankees was all about family. Girardi signed a four-year contract that could be worth up to $20 million Wednesday to stay with New York through 2017. With the Yankees missing out on the playoffs this season for the second time in 19 years, the 48-year-old Girardi got an early start on determining his future. He went over several possible scenarios with his wife, Kim, and three children that included taking a year off, pursuing a broadcasting job or managing somewhere else. But they quickly came to the conclusion that six years in New York was not enough. "It wasnt ever a lot of thought that I might not possibly come back. I just had to make sure that everyone was still on board," Girardi said on a conference call. Girardi was in the final month of his second three-year contract (worth $9 million) with the Yankees since taking over for Joe Torre after the 2007 season, and he asked for a fourth year in the new deal. The contract includes $16 million guaranteed and up to $4 million in bonuses, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because financial details were not announced. "Our lives have been here for six years," Girardi said. "I think stability is important." The pull of returning to his native Illinois to manage the Chicago Cubs, the team he grew up rooting for, did not factor greatly into his decision because once his family agreed he should manage it was set on New York. "Chicago is special to me. And I think itll always be special to me," Girardi said. "But this place is really special to me, too. Because of what Ive experienced here. ... And my kids and my wife are established in the community here. We just thought it was important to stay." In a 15-year career as a catcher, Girardi won three World Series titles with the Yankees from 1996-99. As manager, he has led New York to the playoffs in four of his six seasons, winning the World Series in 2009. Under Girardi, the big-spending Yankees have gone a major league-best 564-408 (.580) since 2008. Even though New York finished tied for third in the AL East at 85-77, Girardi had what many believed was his best season as a manager. He kept the Yankees in the playoff chase until late September despite significant injuries to stars Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson. "I wouldnt have come back if I didnt think we could win a championship," Girardi said. "I know theres a lot of work to be done. I know theres a lot of holes that we have to fill. Theres people leaving and people retiring. But I have faith in our organization." Girardi is sticking with a team that places the utmost premium on winning championships but is entering the off-season with uncharacteristic uncertainty. Girardi thinks it may be the most uncertain time during his tenure in New York. "It was something that I definitely thought about. What would the New York Yankees look like in 2014, and beyond?" he said. Quite different, it turns out. Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte just retired, Jeter played only 17 games this year after breaking his ankle last October and A-Rod is appealing a 211-game suspension. All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano is a free agent, as are pitcher Hiroki Kuroda and Granderson. Cano could be seeking a 10-year contract worth up to $305 million. Also, Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner has said the team is determined to get under next years $189 million luxury tax threshold -- which includes about $177 million for player salaries. General manager Brian Cashman, though, recently said its unclear if staying within that limit is possible. "I think $189 millions still an awful lofty number," Girardi said. He acknowledged the Yankees will have to mix in players from their minor league teams to help remake the roster. Steinbrenner has expressed disappointment in the farm system after several players failed to produce when thrust into major league roles this year. But Girardi, the NL Manager of the Year in 2006 when he led a young Florida Marlins team to a 78-84 record in his first year as a manager, is hopeful. "We want to see these guys move, and move quickly," Girardi said. "And youd like to be able to say you have a core again of young players, which I think would be important to this organization." Matteo Guendouzi Jersey .com) - Delon Wright scored 17 points and No. Jeff Reine-Adelaide Jersey . Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event. http://www.arsenalsoccerproshop.com/Auth...Arsenal-Jersey/. The actual winners on transfer deadline day are those clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City who were well prepared and managed to get their main incoming business done well ahead of the transfer window closing. Tottenham were able to add seven players by spending over 100 million pounds and also ensured maximum return for the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid by managing the move superbly. Laurent Koscielny Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Per Mertesacker Jersey . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No.Nile Wilson became the first Briton to win gold on the high bar at the European Championships on Sunday, with his team-mate Kristian Thomas taking the silver. The City of Leeds gymnast outscored top qualifier Thomas by three tenths on the last routine, despite Thomas leading up to that point.Wilson, 20, said: That feeling is just incredible. You train your whole life for moments like that standing on the top of podium singing the national anthem with a gold medal. To be standing there with our team captain Kristian, someone who has helped me so much and is such a great role model, makes it even more special.Wolverhampton gymnast, Thomas, had nothing but praise for Wilson despite being knocked out of gold medal position at the very last.The 27-year-old said: Its a great way to end the event personally and for GB.Nile deserves huge credit to go last out and produce a routine like that. Louis Smith finished in fourth place on the pommel horse after an unfortunate error Ive had a brilliant week.dddddddddddd Its been all about consistency and proving the kind of form Im in and to then end with a silver medal on the podium with a team-mate is perfect.It was a successful end to the competition for Thomas who had finished in fourth place in the vault and sixth in the floor event earlier on in the day.Daniel Purvis finished in eighth in the floor while Courtney Tulloch claimed fourth place in the rings.Louis Smith finished in fourth place on the pommel horse after an unfortunate error where his hand slipped and he fell off the apparatus.Wilson, Purvis, Tulloch, Thomas and Smith won silver on Saturday in the team event after being edged into second place by Russia. Also See: Gymnastics Euro silver for GB men Smith and Oldham on Rio dreams Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen