I keep seeing ads on TV for Clint Eastwood’s new movie “T

in News 01.06.2019 08:23
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

he Mule.”I’m not going to see it.Matter of fact http://www.texansfanshop.com/Kahale-Warring-Jersey , I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a movie he’s directed and definitely none of his latest movies, mostly because they’re kind of the same:a grizzled old man finds himself in a situation that probably won’t end well for him.So I won’t see it, but the ads remind me of an old movie of his that I watched Friday night for the first time since I was a kid.It was a loose, jangly 1970s blockbuster comedy featuring Eastwood, a biker gang, a love interest who I can only assume is a prostitute, and an orangutan.It’s called “Every Which Way But Loose.”I think “The Mule” is the gritty third and final chapter of the Philo Beddoe saga begun in EWWBL.They’re both truck drivers who got themselves involved in extralegal activities that may or may not get them killed.In EWWBL, Eastwood is a truck driver who participates in illegal bare-knuckle brawling for money in various blue collar worksites (a construction site, a meat packing plant, I think possibly a junkyard...you get the idea).The brawling, I suspect, is his primary source of income because in the movie, he drives a work truck once at the start and we never see that company again.And make no mistake, because it’s an Eastwood flick, he is outstanding at fighting all the big, dumpy fighters either in the makeshift rings he fights in or the biker gangs he singlehandedly dispatches with unnatural ease.Here is my theory of how this works:After the events of EWWBL and its sequel, “Any Which Way You Can,” Philo Beddoe (Eastwood) continues his “career” as a bareknuckle fighter and gets a reputation throughout the west coast (since the movies are set primarily in California and Colorado) as a great fighter, a fighter who will drive wherever for a good fight with a nice Max Scharping Jersey , juicy cash prize attached.One day, when he’s older, has lost a step, and is no longer in his fighting prime, he picks a fight with the wrong guy, someone who just beats the everloving crap out of him.This couldn’t happen at a worse time because he hasn’t had a lot of luck at fighting lately; the truck driving jobs have dried up because he’s too busy traveling and fighting for his living.So he’s broke and can’t afford to pay the bet he made with this vastly superior fighter who happens to be connected to a drug cartel.Philo and the fighter’s employer (the cartel) work out a deal so that he has to deliver “packages” for them all across the country.Nobody would dare try to intercept him while making deliveries because he’s the great Philo Beddoe.Who would dare try to cross him, right?Fast forward 30+ years later and you have Eastwood, bitter and angry, looking after an older Sondra Locke (who doesn’t look all that much better as an old woman as she did in EWWBL but that’s not saying a lot), at the beck and call of a criminal syndicate who has total power of life and death over him and his wife.I assume Clyde (the orangutan) was killed by the cartel when Beddoe tried to pull a fast one on them earlier in their relationship.He hates not having his freedom.He hates not being able to fight like he used to.He hates that this is what his life has become; and that’s the world where “The Mule” takes place.I’m sure there’s a lot about the movie I’m ignoring and there’s probably more to it than that, but I like my version better so I’m going to stick with it.You, my fine internet friend, may be asking yourself (and me) “What does any of this have to do with the Texans game against the Colts Sunday?”Aside from me bringing it up at some point later in the thread, nothing.I just really don’t want to make myself mad again by doing a write-up about Sunday’s game.So let’s just get to the Dog.As always, in finest Hair of the Dog tradition, all swear words have been replaced with the word [kitten] to make this safe to read at work.Which means that this week’s HotD looks like a kennel.First Quarter:RyanWestonRyanUTWestonCapt Ron(Deshaun Watson sacked.)UTWeston (to UT)Capt RonUT (to Weston)Capt Ron(Texans challenge a Colts first down.)UTRyanWeston (to UT)(Call is successfully overturned)UTCapt RonUTRyanWestonDiehard Chris (to Weston)(Alfred Blue scores a touchdown after the entire team pushes him across the end zone.Texans lead 7-0.)UTRyan (to Weston)Weston (to Chris)Capt Ron (to Weston)Diehard Chris (to Weston)UT (to Weston)RyanWeston (to Chris)Ryan (to Weston)Capt RonSecond Quarter:Weston (to Ryan)Diehard Chris (to Ryan)WestonRyanCapt RonWeston(Dre Hal picks off the Neckbeard.)RyanWeston(Luck throws a deep bomb to TY Hilton, gets to the four yard line.)Ryan (to UT)WestonUT(Colts score on ensuing play, game tied at 7.Whatevs.)Capt RonUTCapt RonUTDiehard ChrisCapt RonRyanUT(Ebron catches the ball, falls down http://www.texansfanshop.com/Lonnie-Johnson-Jersey , has a cup of tea with scone, paints a [kittening] Bob Ross landscape painting and falls into the end zone for a touchdown.Colts lead 14-7.I’m not ticked.)RyanWestonDiehard ChrisCapt RonUTMDCDiehard ChrisWestonCapt RonUT[Ed. Note:No diety struck me dead.]Weston(Vinatieri field goal.Fightin’ Beards lead 17-7.)RyanCapt RonHalftime Reactions:UTWestonLukeTim (in a rare in-studio appearance)BFDWestonTimUTThird Quarter:WestonRyan (to UT)UT(Texans challenge whether Ryan Griffin reached the end zone for a touchdown.Call stands.Put this in your back pocket, ladies and gentlemen.)UTWestonTimCapt Ron(Texans direct snap to Lamar Miller for the TD. Hirsute Midwesterners lead 17-14.)Capt RonRyanTimWestonDiehard ChrisCapt RonUT (to Capt Ron)Capt Ron (to UT)(Next Play...)(Texans’ secondary gets burned, Hairballs lead 24-14.)UTCapt RonBurnhamWestonCapt RonDiehard ChrisBFDUTFourth Quarter:WestonUTCapt RonWestonUTWestonBFDCapt RonUTCapt RonUT (to Capt Ron)TimCapt Ron (to UT)BFD (to Tim)UTCapt Ron(Ryan Griffin runs the ball to the Texans’ red zone.)UTCapt RonWeston(Clemson Connection bring the Texans to a field goal away from tying up the game, 24-21.)UTCapt RonUTMDCBFD (to Capt Ron)UTBFD (to MDC)Capt Ron(Clowney bites on a hard count by Luck, giving the Colts the first down and without timeouts to stop it.)UTBFDBurnhamWestonCapt RonUT(Texans lose to Colts in the most Texans way possible, 24-21.)Postgame Reactions:Capt RonUTTimWestonDiehard ChrisGame Balls:Offense - I’ll give it to Lamar Miller because someone should get one, I guess.Defense - Dre Hal for the interception.Special Teams - Let’s go with Trevor Daniel today.Got any alternate theories on movies you’d like to share?Want to argue about game balls?Something else on your mind?Well get your thoughts recorded in the comments below! A win and they’re in.While the Texans are currently in position to clinch a first-round bye, the team could still miss the NFL Playoffs entirely. In a bitterly close AFC Playoff Picture, the Texans rank as the No. 2 seed in the AFC and can move one step closer to clinching that bye with a win against the defending Super Bowl champions this afternoon.A win today would also clinch the AFC South for the Texans. A loss today could force the team to win in Week 17 at home against the Jaguars.When the NFL schedule was first released, seeing the Eagles late in the season was not something the Texans wanted.The Eagles ranked at the top of the NFL last season. However, things have gone different this season for Philly, thanks to a struggling offense and a banged-up secondary. The Eagles are 7-7 but are coming off an impressive road win against the Rams last week that gave the team some life following a potentially season-ending injury to Carson Wentz.The Eagles are riding that momentum and are in more of a desperate position than the Texans, as a loss could knock them out of playoff contention entirely. The Eagles also benefit from playing at home in a cold environment, something the Texans dealt with last week in the Meadowlands.It should be a very competitive game and a big test for the Texans. A win will confirm their slot in the playoffs and prove to the league that the Texans are not a team that you want to face in the postseason. How do you think this will play out? What are you doing in the meantime until the game begins? Anything we need to be focusing on? This is where we count down until the action. The Inactives List will be available around 90 minutes before kickoff, and the first quarter thread will post about 15 minutes before the game starts.Until then, chat here.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen