PHILADELPHIA -- Buddy Carlyle had a memorable return to the big leagues. Now, he and his New York Mets teammates would like to g

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 25.05.2019 05:26
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Buddy Carlyle had a memorable return to the big leagues. Now, he and his New York Mets teammates would like to get some rest. David Wright had an RBI single with two outs in the 14th inning and Carlyle, who was called up as an emergency arm prior to the game, tossed three scoreless extra innings to lead the Mets to a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in the second straight marathon game between the teams. New York needed 5 hours, 32 minutes to win this one after losing to the Phillies 6-5 in a 14-inning game Friday night that took 5:23 to complete. "It feels good just coming back," said Carlyle, who has spent the majority of his 16-year professional career in the minor leagues. "Its a lot of work to get back. I wasnt sure if Id get another opportunity to play at the major league (level). It just feels good to contribute." Carlyle (1-0) last pitched in the major leagues in 2011 and last earned a victory on June 25, 2008. He was in El Paso, Texas on Friday night pitching for the Mets Triple-A Las Vegas club when he received a call at 11 oclock summoning him to Philadelphia after New York used eight pitchers on Friday. The right-hander said he slept "maybe a couple of hours" before boarding a 6 a.m. flight, arriving at Citizens Bank Park at 2:30 for the 3:05 scheduled first pitch. The Phillies and Mets have played 37 innings in three games with two more still to play in the rare five-game series. The Mets went without a hit in extra innings until Wrights knock off Antonio Bastardo (3-3). Bastardo walked Ruben Tejada to start the 14th, and Tejada went to second on Juan Lagares sacrifice bunt. After Daniel Murphy popped out, Wright lined a single to left to score Tejada. "David Wright was in a big spot and got a big hit," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Carlos Torres worked out of a jam in the bottom of the 14th to earn his second save in three chances. The Phillies put runners on first and second with no outs, but Torres struck out Ben Revere, got Jimmy Rollins to pop out and struck out Chase Utley. "The only thing we know is we won, dont ask me how," Collins joked. "There are a lot of tired bodies out there." Carlyle, who travelled much of Saturday just to make the game, knows he isnt the only tired one. "Probably every pitcher is just as exhausted as I am," he said. Tejada had three hits, including a homer, with two RBIs for the Mets, who won their fourth in five games. Ryan Howard hit a three-run homer for Philadelphia, which tied the game in the ninth on Domonic Browns RBI single. Phillies reliever Jeff Manship pitched four hitless extra innings, striking out six, and wouldve come out for the 14th but he strained his right quadriceps trying to beat out a grounder in the 13th. It was the second at-bat for Manship, as Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg was limited to just one bench player and was trying to preserve Philadelphias bullpen. "I was feeling real good pitching," Manship said. "Its definitely an outing to build on, but its just frustrating the way it ended. I was going to do anything I could to get a hit there." Brown singled off Jeurys Familia, who blew his first save in his second opportunity. But then both teams had trouble generating offence. Carlyle didnt allow a hit in the 11th or 12th. Browns ninth-inning hit prevented Mets starter Jacob deGrom from earning his first career victory. DeGrom has pitched well in all four of his starts, owning a 2.42 ERA, but is 0-2. He was in line for the win after striking out 11 in 6 1-3 strong innings before Familia blew the save. The Mets were in control of the game with a 4-0 lead until Howards homer in the seventh. Bobby Abreu and Lucas Duda had RBI hits in the first to help the Mets jump to a 2-0 lead. Tejada put New York in front 3-0 with a rare show of power, clearing the fence in left for his third career homer in 1,342 career at-bats. New York tacked on a run in the sixth on Tejadas single. All of four of the Mets early runs came off Kyle Kendrick, who is 1-10 over his last 18 starts dating to Aug. 11. Kendrick allowed eight hits while striking out five and walking two. Howards homer gave him 1,000 career RBIs. He reached the milestone in 1,230 games. Curtis Granderson broke an 0 for 22 skid with a ninth-inning single. NOTES: Reid Brignac went 0 for 5 with four strikeouts. ... To make room for Carlyle, the Mets sent starter Rafael Montero to Triple-A. ... Lagares was a late scratch from the starting lineup due to a strained rib cage. Chris Young led off and started in centre in his place. ... Former Phillies right-hander Roy Oswalt threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Mets LHP Jonathon Niese (3-3, 2.74) opposes Phillies LHP Cole Hamels (1-3, 4.43) at 1:35 Sunday. Bryce Callahan Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Mike Ditka Jersey . -- Adrian Peterson takes a look around the league and sees big money flying everywhere. http://www.officialchicagobearsfootball....y-jersey-womens. Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey . Team spokesman Donald Beauchamp said there was no new information on the 80-year-old Hall of Famers condition. The family has requested privacy. Cody Whitehair Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. LAS VEGAS -- TJ Dillashaw pulled off a stunning upset, dominating bantamweight champion Renan Barao until the fight was stopped at 2:26 of the fifth round at UFC 173 on Saturday night. "Ive dreamed it for so long, its unbelievable," Dillashaw said. "If you can dream it, it can happen." Dillashaw, a 9-1 underdog entering the fight, ended Baraos 35-fight unbeaten streak. "Barao is the best in the world in my eyes," Dillashaw said. "I had to bring my A game to become the champion." The challenger utilized excellent footwork to attack from different angles, finding his range early and limiting the damage Barao was able to inflict. Dillashaw (11-2) landed a hard overhand right in the second that hurt Barao, and nearly had him finished just before the end of the round. He maintained control throughout the next two rounds, switching between southpaw and orthodox stances while peppering Barao with a barrage of punches. Dillashaw was well on his way to victory when he landed a left kick to Baraos head midway through the final round. Barao (34-2-1) fell to the mat and Dillashaw quickly followed with punches, forcing referee Herb Dean to stop the fight. "Thats who I am, Im aggressive," Dillashaw said. In the co-main event, fourth-ranked Daniel Cormier dominnated MMA great Dan Henderson (30-12), winning with a rear naked choke in the third round.dddddddddddd Cormier (15-0) is expected to challenge for the light heavyweight title and called out champion Jon Jones. "Jones, you cant run from me forever," Cormier said. "If I decide to take Jon Jones down 100 times, Ill take him down 100 times. Im coming!" Jones is set to fight Alexander Gustaffson in a title rematch, with Cormier expected to face the winner. On the undercard, top welterweight contender Robbie Lawler was dominant in a third-round TKO over fifth-ranked Jake Ellenberger. Lawler improved the 23-10 and will likely earn another shot at the title. "I wanted to go out there and showcase what I can do," said Lawler, who is fresh off a loss to champion Johny Hendricks. "I want everyone to know that Im coming for the title." Sixth-ranked Takeya Mizugaki will continue his climb up the bantamweight ladder after a unanimous decision over 10th-ranked Francisco Rivera, and James Krause stopped Jamie Varner via TKO when Varner was unable to answer the bell for the second round due to a leg injury. In the preliminary bouts, Michael Chiesa, Tony Ferguson, Chris Holdsworth, Mitch Clark, Vinc Pichel, Sam Sicilia and Li Jingliang each earned victories. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen