My top ten Target Field music experiences"I grew up with

in News 23.05.2019 04:03
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

music. Concert band Nolan Ryan Jersey , pep band, marching band, jazz band...I lugged my trombone to all of them and loved it.I also grew up with professional wrestling. In that arena, theme songs are synonymous with wrestler entrances. When the glass breaks, you know there’s gonna be an ass-whuppin’ coming. To this day, whenever I’m at a graduation of any kind I’m not looking for mortar board caps and tassels. I’m wondering when the Macho Man is going to launch off the top turnbuckle with his patented flying elbow.Combine those two seemingly disparate worlds and you can perhaps understand why I enjoy the sounds of the ballpark experience, whether they be walkup snippets or pump-up jams. As such, here is my Top Ten list of favorite Target Field musical experiences...10. You knew the Fernando Rodney Experience (TM) was going to be on this list. It was short-lived here in Minny, but Fernandoooooooooooooooo’s entrance extravaganza was one for the history books.9. There’s absolutely no reason this song is on the list other than I really liked Ben Revere. Oh, and once my brother Snapchatted it from a club (he’s a lot cooler than me, not that that requires a great amount of difficulty) to me with the caption “is Ben Revere here?!”8. Remember Jordan Schafer? I can’t actually blame you too much if not. In two seasons with the Twins (‘14-’15) he appeared in 68 games.His walk up music? The main theme used from the film Fifty Shades of Grey. That had to be a newbie prank, right? Right?!7. In 2010, I was at the late-September game where the Twins clinched the AL Central division championship. Beautiful night, great home team victory http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , and I’m in literally the last row of the upper deck behind home plate (only place to find tickets that inaugural campaign at Target Field). Drew Butera saunters to the plate, this cool tune drifts from the overhead speakers, and for some reason I distinctly remember thinking “how lucky are we that this team can win the division with Son of Sal appearing in 50 of those games”.6. 2015 was one of the first years where I really got out to a good number of games (15+). I lived close by in the ‘burbs, had an easy public transportation route, and thus just found myself at the ballpark a ton that summer. I saw the flames lick around the scoreboards a lot as Glen Perkins trotted from the bullpen to the mound.5. Joe Mauer’s later-years walkup song was the source of much befuddlement in Twins Territory. The All-American, milk-guzzling local hero strolling out of the on-deck circle towards the plate to this? I’ll tell you what, though...my sister knows that T.I. jam now as “Mauer’s theme” and nothing else. Well played, Mauer.4. “I swear it feels like the last few nights we’ve been everywhere and back but, I just can’t remember it all”Let’s face it...we all fell for Danny Valencia in the latter half of the 2010 season.Every time he came to the plate, clutch hits seemed to occur. He was so cool that he fronted Drake before Drake was, well, DRAKE.3. It’s 2015. The Twins are contending for a playoff spot for the first time in what seemed like ages (it had been four years...we were a spoiled bunch). This big hulking kid called Sano makes the left field second-deck his own personal playground. Every time he’s up in a big spot, the brass begins to blow. Goosebumps.2. For a brief period a few years ago, Prince’s “Partyman” was the song played when the last out was recorded in a Twins victory and Minnie & Paul were shaking hands out in center field. You probably like that song because it’s Prince and Reggie Jackson Jersey , well, #Minnesota. I like that song because it’s featured in Tim Burton’s Batman, and I can say without compulsion I’ve seen that film more times than any other in my entire life (7-8 year old me had a lot to do with that).Both literally and figuratively, there will never be another Joe Nathan for me. I owned one Twins jersey in my life with a name on the back of it, and that name was his. Primarily in the Metrodome—though a few times at Target Field—his theme music entrance brought the entire crowd to their feet. This was when the team was good, the Dome was rocking, and with the exception of Mo Rivera, no one was better at locking down the ninth than #36. For the second straight night, the Dodgers (-140) held a late inning lead over the Rockies (+125).After Ryan McMahon (Nolan Arenado's replacement) helped the Rockies win with a late homer on Friday, he was even more clutch tonight.Please look away if you bet the Dodgers (-140) moneyline tonight 鈥?and especially if you bet them the past two nights. Reading on will only contribute to your Ryan McMahon nightmares. You’ve been warned.>> Download The Action Network App to get real-time MLB odds and track your betsAfter a dominant seven innings of shutout ball from Walker Buehler, the Dodgers took a 2-0 lead into the bottom of the ninth inning. Manager Dave Roberts had to know it wouldn’t be easy to close out the game without closer Kenley Jansen, who recently hit the DL with an irregular heartbeat.It would be especially difficult against the top of the Rockies order 鈥?with Nolan Arenado (who sat out tonight with an arm injury that only impacts his throwing) looming as a potential pinch-hitter.Roberts decided to go with lefty Scott Alexander, who did get the save on Thursday night in Colorado. As someone who bet the Rockies moneyline, I applauded the move since Colorado hits a league-leading .272 against lefties. The top of their lineup in particular smokes southpaws.Alexander got off to a good start by striking out Carlos Gonzalez http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , but then one of those lefty-mashers in Trevor Story hit a double to left. You could already hear the excitement in the crowd building, as everyone knew the Rockies would now pinch-hit with Nolan Arenado.Roberts decided to make a pitching change since Arenado is hitting an absurd .412 against southpaws this season. He went with righty JT Chargois, who took a loss in Oakland the last time he pitched on Thursday.Chargois immediately struggled with his command and ended up hitting Arenado with a pitch. That put runners on first and second with one out for Ian Desmond, who smoked a ball up the middle. However, Brian Dozier, while not known for his defense, made his second absolutely spectacular play of the game to rob Desmond of a hit. (The one below happened in the third inning.)That put runners on first and third with two outs for last night’s hero 鈥?Ryan McMahon. Could the man who was only playing the last two nights because of an Arenado injury really beat LA for the second straight night with a late bomb?HE REALLY DID IT AGAIN!On a 1-0 pitch right into the sweet spot of a lefty, McMahon hit a laser over the right field wall to stun LA bettors. Before that clutch walk-off homer, the Rockies were 0-18 with runners in scoring position the past two nights, but still won both games because of Ryan McMahon McMagic.Man, it felt good to be on the right side of one of those.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen