COLUMBUS, Ohio -- For the first four games of the season, just about everybody was playing well for Ohio State except LaQuinton

in Steckbrief 23.05.2019 02:43
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- For the first four games of the season, just about everybody was playing well for Ohio State except LaQuinton Ross. On Saturday, he was one of the few Buckeyes who had a good game -- and it made a world of difference. Ross scored four of his career-high 23 points in a 10-0 second-half run, leading No. 5 Ohio State past Central Connecticut State 74-56. "I knew I was going to come around eventually," Ross said after hitting 9 of 13 shots from the field and adding six rebounds and an assist. "Ive been playing basketball all my life. Everybody goes through situations, struggles, out there on the court. It was just something I had to get through. I knew I would get through it eventually." After shooting 22 per cent from the field at the start of the season, Ross is shooting 63 per cent over his last three games. On a day when the Buckeyes (8-0) were lethargic at both ends, his shooting kept them in the lead and eventually put the game out of reach. "Our mindset wasnt right," said Lenzelle Smith, who scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half. "It was just us. We werent ready to play when we came out of the tunnel." The Blue Devils (2-6) certainly were. Their 3-2 zone befuddled the Buckeyes. They got back quickly to snuff Ohio States transition game. And they took their time on offence, working for good shots while shooting 46 per cent for the game. "We came in here knowing Ohio State is as good as any team in the country," coach Howie Dickenman said. "We wanted to gain some respect; I thought we gained some respect." The Buckeyes had won the only previous meeting between the teams in the first round of the 2007 NCAA tournament. The top-ranked Buckeyes, behind Greg Odens 19 points and 10 rebounds, beat the Blue Devils 78-57. Ohio State would advance to the national championship game, losing to defending champion Florida. The Blue Devils scored six of the last eight points in the first half to cut a 14-point deficit to 38-29. "It was sarcasm and angry at the same time," Ross said of coach Thad Mattas halftime talk in the locker room. "He tried to keep cool because he feels like were a veteran team and some of the mistakes we were making we shouldnt have made. I know for a fact he was upset. I think the whole team knew it." Ahead 38-29 at the break, the Buckeyes had difficulty finishing off the pesky Blue Devils. The lead hovered around 10 points until Ohio State broke free from a 49-41 lead with a quick run. It started with a steal by Amedeo Della Valle that led to Smiths dunk. After a CCSU miss, Sam Thompson hit a baseline jumper and, following a Blue Devils turnover, Aaron Craft fought through the traffic in the lane for a spinning layup that made it 55-41 -- matching Ohio States biggest lead to that point. Soon after, the Buckeyes forced a shot-clock violation and Ross muscled inside for a bucket. He then stole the ball near midcourt and drove coast to coast for another layup and an 18-point lead. The Blue Devils never seriously threatened again. Faronte Drakeford led them with 12 points and Matt Mobley added 10. CCSU outrebounded the Buckeyes 29-28 and didnt back down in the paint at either end. Matta said he hoped his team gained from the game. "Honestly, I said this is one we have to learn from it, but by the same token you have to wash it down the drain in the shower," he said he told the team afterward. "We must be a better basketball team (in our next game) than we were today." A crowd of 13,640 was as reserved as the Buckeyes most of the game. Maybe it was the lack of students, a midlevel opponent, the frosty weather outside or Ohio States impending Big Ten football championship game on Saturday night, but there were long stretches when the crowd was relatively quiet. Smith was asked if he would be watching the Buckeyes second-ranked football team go for the conference title in Indianapolis against Michigan State. "Absolutely!" he said with a laugh. Brian McCann Jersey .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. Francisco Liriano Jersey . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. http://www.astrosteamproshop.com/Astros-...io-Kids-Jersey/. Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister. Carlos Beltran Jersey . The 26-year-old Redditch, England, native played three of his past four seasons under Rennie with the Carolina RailHawks of the North American Soccer League. J.R. Richard Jersey . -- Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson is being checked for a possible concussion after blowing a tire on his way to the first workout of spring training.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Detroit Pistons will get a third crack at the Milwaukee Bucks when the two Central foes clash Friday at The Palace. The Pistons and Bucks have split two meetings so far. Milwaukee has lost three straight and 12 of the last 16 trips to Auburn Hills, Mich. Detroit and Milwaukee will meet one more time this season on Jan. 24. Pistons big man Andre Drummond is averaging 17.0 points and 10.0 rebounds against the Bucks this season. Detroit is mired in a six-game losing streak and dropped a 104-98 decision to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday, as D.J. Augustin posted 19 points to lead the hosts. The Pistons got 17 points from Josh Smith, Drummond and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Drummond grabbed 13 rebounds and is averaging 17.0 points and 13.0 boards in his last three games for Detroit, which led 51-48 at halftime and had a 73-72 edge heading into the final 12 minutes. Los Angeles led by 11 at one point in the fourth quarter and Smiths layup made it 93-91 with 2 1/2 minutes left. Its just frustrating for me that I couldnt find a way, either in terms of defensive scheme or in terms of something to run offensively to help our guys a little bit more doown the stretch, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said.dddddddddddd It was Detroits fourth straight loss at home, where it is 2-5 this season. The Pistons are in the midst of playing seven of eight games at The Palace. Pistons guard Brandon Jennings (thumb) is questionable Friday and has missed the previous two games. He is averaging 16.0 ppg this season. Milwaukee has won two in a row after losing back-to-back games and won for the seventh time in 10 tries with Wednesdays 103-86 victory at Minnesota. Brandon Knight and Larry Sanders scored 15 points apiece and Giannis Antetokounmpo ended with 13 for the Bucks, who shot 47.1 percent. The Bucks had seven players in double figures and won for the third time in the last four road games. Bucks rookie Jabari Parker scored 11 points. Our second group (late in the third) got defensive-minded and rebounded the ball, said Bucks coach Jason Kidd. In the beginning of the fourth quarter, (the starters) picked it right back up. We found a way to win on the road. The road ahead is a tough one for Kidds group, which will face the likes of Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, the Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix, Portland and Sacramento. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen