BALTIMORE – The Blue Jays have won 40 of their first 70 games thanks in no small part to the clubs better luck with the injury b

in Steckbrief 22.05.2019 02:55
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

BALTIMORE – The Blue Jays have won 40 of their first 70 games thanks in no small part to the clubs better luck with the injury bug this season. The weekend at Oriole Park has been less kind, with three players suffering varying degrees of injury. The worst ailment of the three, at least optically, is the deep bone bruise suffered by Adam Lind when he fouled a pitch off the top of his right foot in the sixth inning of Saturdays game. An x-ray after the game showed a deep bone bruise but no fracture. That diagnosis was backed up by a CT scan taken on Sunday morning. Lind, however, was in a walking boot and on crutches when he arrived at the ballpark. He was seen requiring the help of a golf cart to get off the team bus. R.A. Dickey played catch before the game with bullpen catcher Alex Andreopoulos. He tweaked his right groin in the seventh inning of Saturdays loss and removed himself from the game. Dickey insisted afterward his exit was a precautionary measure and expected to make his next start, scheduled for Saturday in Cincinnati. Brett Cecil is dealing with a left groin injury, which he suffered in the eighth inning of Friday nights game. He played catch before Sundays game. "He said he feels okay; not great but okay," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "He feels a little improvement from (Saturday) so treat the heck out of it today, get back in there and treat it and hopefully hes available on Tuesday." The Blue Jays decided against making rash decisions on Lind and Cecil, preferring instead to get through the series with the Orioles and into Mondays off-day before opening a three-game series at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday. A decision will have to be made by Tuesday. Manager John Gibbons worked with a three-man bench (technically a two-man bench with Lind unavailable) and an eight-man bullpen (technically a seven-man bullpen with Cecil unavailable) on Sunday. The club has an impending decision to make on the status of Colby Rasmus, who spent the weekend in Toledo while on a rehab assignment with the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. Rasmus was to be reevaluated on Sunday. Buffalo concludes its series with the Mudhens on Sunday evening. Two outfielders, Kevin Pillar and Darin Mastroianni, are inside their 10-day option windows after being recently sent back to Buffalo. Either could be recalled if they replace a player going on the disabled list. Gibbons, at the moment, also has only one lefthander in the bullpen in Aaron Loup, although Gibbons indicated on Saturday he has confidence in some of his righthanded options to attack opposition lefthanded hitters late in games. He mentioned, specifically, Steve Delabar because of his split-fingered pitch and Sergio Santos, whose slider is as good as anyones in baseball when hes on his game. The priority is resetting the four-man bench rather than continuing with an eight-man bullpen, which essentially eliminates the chance of recalling another lefthanded reliever like Rob Rasmussen. Moving On Up Lefthanded starting pitching prospect Daniel Norris, who recently participated in the Single-A Florida State League All-Star Game, has been promoted to Double-A New Hampshire. The 21-year-old was dominant for the Dunedin Blue Jays, helping the club to the first half division title. In 13 starts, Norris went 6-0 with a 1.22 ERA, a 1.025 WHIP and 76 strikeouts in 66 1/3 innings. He had a 4.22:1 strikeout to walk ratio, easily his best output since turning pro in 2012. Norris was selected by the Blue Jays in the second round of the 2011 draft out of Science Hill High School in Johnson City, Tennessee. Chris Chelios Jersey . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. Jonathan Toews Jersey . But luckily for the Canadian squad, one goal was all it needed. Winnipegs Sophie Schmidt scored the winner off a Diana Matheson corner kick to seal Canadas third-place spot in the Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino in Brazil on Sunday. http://www.officialblackhawksauthority.c...ks-jersey-c-24/. Marian Gaborik had two goals and an assist and Martin Jones made just 17 saves to record his fourth shutout of the season as the Kings snapped a three-game losing skid with a 3-0 victory over the lowly Oilers on Thursday. Bobby Orr Jersey . The Hockey Canada Foundation is donating $50,000, with Hockey Quebec contributing $15,000. Hockey Canada also announced it will hold a skills camp for all levels of minor hockey in Lac-Mégantic during the 2013-14 season. Representatives from Hockey Canada, the Hockey Canada Foundation and Hockey Quebec were on hand Tuesday night at a meeting of the AHM de Lac-Mégantic to make the announcement and presentation. Bobby Hull Jersey . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.PHILADELPHIA - Brett Lawrie is considered day-to-day with tightness in his right hamstring, an appropriate prognosis given that its the daily grind of baseball thats forcing him to take a seat. The hamstring cant heal if Lawries placing athletic demands on it every day. "Its the same as it has been," said Lawrie. "Ive been playing with this the past road trip since Kansas City and whatnot. I need to give it a little bit of time; I need to give it a couple of days. I tried to play with it and I can play with it, its just that Im not playing the way I would like to play." His leg didnt give out on him. Lawrie saw a doctor at Citizens Bank Park after leaving Mondays 3-0 win over the Phillies in the fourth inning. The hamstring needs a couple of days to, as Lawrie put it, "settle down." "We only have one off day this May and thats tough just to continuously go day after day after day on something like a hamstring," he said. "Theres no recovery time so I need some recovery time to allow it to get better. Id rather take a couple of days rather than do something really terrible and take myself out for a month and a half because obviously hamstrings are just nothing to mess around with." Lawrie has a history of muscle-related injuries, most notably his oblique problems which cost him time in each of the last two seasons. He sat out the second game of last weeks series in Kansas City with tightness in his back and often times, after games, hes essentially mummified in elastic bandages holding down ice on various parts of his body. Ive hit a point where I cant keep doing this every single day," said Lawrie. "In every game that Ive played in the last little bit it has been little things that have just grabbed on me and almost resets it a little bit and just kind of says this is how its going to be, its not better yet. That just says to me, as much as it sucks and I can play, I just cant do it the way that I want to … so Id rather take a couple of days rather than do something really bad." Lawrie went 0-2 on Monday before leaving the game. He had been heating up offensively after a slow start, having had a seven-game hitting streak snapped and with mmulti-hit efforts in seven of his last 11 games.dddddddddddd NAVARRO NEARING RETURN Dioner Navarro pinch hit in Sundays game against the Pirates and singled. To say he moved gingerly toward first base is an understatement. Navarro was being careful with his sore right quadriceps muscle. Dont read anything into the visual. "Probably if I hit a groundball somewhere I would have gone a little bit faster but I knew I wasnt going to get to second so might as well take an extra day, it felt like I didnt do anything (Sunday)," said Navarro. "It wasnt that bad. I know it looked bad on TV but it wasnt that bad. I knew the ball was over the third basemans head, the run scored, the guy was going to get to third." Navarro left Thursday nights game in the eighth inning after aggravating his quad running the bases. Hes had hamstring problems in the past but never an issue with his quads. "We did a whole bunch of stuff, squat stuff, mobility stuff, side-to-side stuff, backward, forward, it felt great," he said. The biggest test is when we go out there and start running and see how it feels." Navarro didnt rule out a return on Wednesday, when the Blue Jays play host to the Phillies. LIND GETTING CLOSE Adam Lind, rehabbing a sore back, went 3-5 with two doubles and two runs scored for Single-A Dunedin on Monday. Lind, who went on the disabled list on April 16, could be back as soon as Wednesday nights game against the Phillies in Toronto. JANSSEN TOSSES SCORELESS FRAME Casey Janssen pitched a scoreless inning, allowing two hits, in Double-A New Hampshires Monday night game against Binghamton. It marked Janssens first appearance in his second attempt at a rehabilitation assignment coming off a strained left oblique. Janssens return isnt imminent. Hell pitch in back to back games later this week and the plan, at the moment, is for Janssen to take as much time as he needs. Remember, not only has Janssen been mostly down since suffering the oblique injury at the end of March, stiffness in the back of his shoulder limited Janssen to just three spring training appearances. He hasnt thrown much and is still in the process of regaining strength in his pitching arm. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen