Stoke boss Mark Hughes was left bitterly disappointed after his side was thumped 4-1 by Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier Leag

in Steckbrief 21.05.2019 02:33
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

Stoke boss Mark Hughes was left bitterly disappointed after his side was thumped 4-1 by Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League on Sunday. Goals from Alberto Moreno, Daniel Sturridge and two from Divock Origi saw Liverpool jump above the Potters into eighth in the table.In the first half in terms of controlling the game we were in decent shape. But when Liverpool put any balls in our box or when we were in situations where people needed to come alive we didnt, and that was the story of the game from our point of view, Hughes told Sky Sports. In the second half we lost early goals, then it becomes fragmented and were trying to chase a game at Anfield, which is a difficult place to do that. Daniel Sturridge of Liverpool (second left) scores their second goal with a header past goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard of Stoke The result comes a week after Stoke dropped two points against Swansea after leading 2-0 at the Britannia Stadium, and Hughes has seen his sides chances of European qualification fade.Its one of those days, we didnt deal with that threat [of crosses] at any stage in the game and thats unlike us, he said. Were usually very resolute and get on the end of things and stop them developing, but today that wasnt the case.Its a shame because for decent periods I thought we progressed the ball up the park well, got decent enough balls into [Peter] Crouch and people around him but once goals start flying in it becomes more difficult for you.He added: In the end 4-1 we feel is a little bit hard on us given what we did in the first half but youve got to have a full 90-minute performance and unfortunately we didnt have that. Alberto Moreno is tackled by Xherdan Shaqiri Hughes and full-back Erik Pieters had words late in the game, with the full-back substituted shortly after and notably not exchanging so much as a glance with the Stoke boss.Hughes shrugged off the incident, saying: There may well have been (words) but those things happen. We just needed to be a little bit more solid and I just felt I needed to make a change. Also See: Stoke video Stoke fixtures Stoke stats Adrian Clayborn Jersey . The Padres made the moves before Fridays game at Washington. They promoted infielder Jace Peterson from Double-A San Antonio and right-hander Kevin Quackenbush from Triple-A El Paso. Custom Patriots Jerseys . Saltalamacchia drove in the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, Henderson Alvarez won for the first time in three starts and the Miami Marlins beat the Braves 3-2 on Thursday night. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com/...er-Bowl-Jersey/. Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event. Cordarrelle Patterson Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Jason McCourty Patriots Jersey .com) - Bradley Beals 22 points and seven rebounds helped the Washington Wizards erase a halftime deficit and top the Utah Jazz, 93-84, on Sunday.LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers fell behind early, took the lead, and let Atlanta tie it up. Then their big hitters cut loose. Carl Crawford hit a three-run homer, Juan Uribe added a two-run shot and Los Angeles routed the Atlanta Braves 13-6 on Sunday night for a 2-1 lead in the best-of-five NL division series. Hanley Ramirez and Yasiel Puig each had three hits and scored three times on a huge night at the plate for the Dodgers, who matched a franchise record for runs in a post-season game. Brooklyn beat the New York Yankees 13-8 in Game 2 of the 1956 World Series. "Its 25 guys out there that we come here every day and we put in hard work on the field," Ramirez said. "Everything I do, I do for my team and for the city. When I see a big smile from my teammates and my fans, that makes me happy." After losing 4-3 in Game 2 to let the Braves even the series, the Dodgers returned to the offensive form they showed during a 6-1 victory in the opener on the road. "Guys were unhappy with the way they played, so we wanted to get back to playing the way we did the first game," Crawford said. "We knew it was going to be at home in front of our home crowd, and we were going to have some extra energy for that. Hopefully, we can like wrap it up while were here at home." Los Angeles can advance to the NL championship series with a victory in Game 4 on Monday night. Ricky Nolasco pitches for the Dodgers against veteran Freddy Garcia. Crawford made the play of the game when he tumbled head over heels to catch an eighth-inning foul ball at the low retaining wall in left field. The speedy leadoff man also scored three times, including once in the eighth when the Dodgers made it 13-4. "Im fine. I landed in a way it didnt hurt," he said. "I didnt think the ball was going to go into the stands. It kept floating and I didnt see the wall coming. I felt myself flipping over. Good thing is I held onto the ball, so thats all that matters." Chris Capuano won in relief of ineffective rookie Hyun-Jin Ryu in a game that took 4 hours, 1 minute. The 13 runs allowed by the Braves equaled the most in club history for a post-season game. Atlanta starter Julio Teheran took the loss, giving up six runs and eight hits in 2 2-3 innings. "He just left some balls out over the plate and made some mistakes," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "With this club, if you do that, youre going to look down at a gas tank with a lighted match." Los Angeles rallied in the third to regain the lead for good after Atlanta tied it in the top of the inning. After that, the Braves didnt manage much besides Jason Heywards two-run homer in the ninth. By then, it was way too late. Teheran and Ryu both made inauspicious post-season debuts in the first matchup of rookie pitchers in the playoffs since 2007. Neither stayed around long. In addition to being shaky on the mound, Ryu made two major mistakes in the field before giving way to Capuano, who spent most of the season in the rotation before moving to the bullpen. With the Dodgers ahead by six runs in their first home playoff gamme since 2009, fans waved their blue souvenir towels with one hand and made chopping motions with the other in mocking Atlantas trademark tomahawk chop.dddddddddddd "I didnt have my best, and I tried my best," the 22-year-old Teheran said. "It was just one of those games that you do everything, and the things dont go as you expect." Ryu allowed four runs and six hits in three innings, becoming the first South Korean-born pitcher to start a post-season game in the major leagues. Despite his rookie status, the left-hander brought a wealth of experience from his native country in becoming the first player to go from the Korean Baseball Organization to the majors. Besides his seven seasons in the KBO, he had pitched in the 2009 World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium as a reliever. "I felt a little more anxious than compared to those games," Ryu said through a translator. Atlanta got to him with two runs in the first during another of Ryus typically slow starts. Capuano came on to strike out three and walk three in three hitless innings. Los Angeles extended its lead to 10-4 with four runs in the fourth. Ramirez had an RBI triple for his sixth extra-base hit in three post-season games, tying the club record set by Steve Garvey in four games of the 1978 NL championship series. "I just kept telling him, I want the whole world to see how good you are," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "Its been good so far." Puig added an RBI single and Uribe followed with a two-run homer on the first pitch he saw from reliever Alex Wood. "With two outs there, if we get out of that inning, its a whole different ballgame," Braves catcher Brian McCann said. "But it just didnt turn out the way we wanted. Carl hit a slider that hung up a little bit more than we wanted and he put a good swing on it." The Dodgers regained the lead 6-4 in the third on RBI singles by Adrian Gonzalez and Skip Schumaker. Ryu was lifted for a pinch-hitter later in the inning. Atlanta tied it 4-all with two runs in the third after loading the bases with nobody out. The Dodgers scored four times in the second to take a 4-2 lead, highlighted by Crawfords three-run homer with two outs. Ryu helped himself with a bases-loaded sacrifice fly to right field -- Justin Upton had to stretch out to keep the ball from going over his head. NOTES: Dodgers C A.J. Ellis got hit on the left elbow by a pitch from hard-throwing Jordan Walden in the eighth, but stayed in the game. Ellis had X-rays after the game and said he felt fine. ... Capuanos only other major league win in relief came on Aug. 20, 2010, for Milwaukee. ... It was the first time in Teheran and Ryus careers as starters that their pitching lines had more runs than innings. ... Teheran became the youngest pitcher (22 years, 252 days) to make a post-season start for the Braves since Steve Avery (22 years, 193 days) in the 1992 World Series, according to STATS. ... Among the famous faces in the sellout crowd of 54,646 were Sandy Koufax, Larry David, Eric Stonestreet of "Modern Family" and Dennis Haysbert. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen