BENTON HARBOR, Mich. -- Colin Montgomerie learned something about playing major championship golf at the age of 51 in the Senior

in Steckbrief 21.05.2019 02:26
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

BENTON HARBOR, Mich. -- Colin Montgomerie learned something about playing major championship golf at the age of 51 in the Senior PGA Championship at Harbor Shores. "I learned today to concentrate on me, and possibly I havent in the past," the Scot said Sunday after shooting a 6-under 65 for a four-stroke victory over 64-year-old Tom Watson. "Were always learning and today I concentrated on my own play and could only worry about myself." The victory was first as a senior, his first in seven years and his first in an official event in the United States. He also claimed a senior major in his fifth attempt, something he didnt accomplish in 71 majors in his regular tour days. Montgomerie, whose greatest moments in golf have been in Ryder Cup competition, finished at 13-under 261 for his first victory since he took the 2007 European Open for his 31st European Tour title. Watson also closed with a 65, and Jay Haas and Bernhard Langer tied for third at 7 under. Haas had a 67, and Langer shot 70. Montgomerie offered some comic relief on the final hole when he pulled his final approach some 20 yards only to get a bounce off the grandstand. The ball rolled to the middle of the green to set up a tap-in par. "I feel fantastic, really, superb," he said. "Theres a motto: If you fail and fail, you come back and try again. Ive had a couple of failures here in America and close calls, especially in major championships, and its great to finally win, never mind a Champions Tour event, but a Senior PGA Championship event." Watson, who later this year will captain the U.S. Ryder Cup team, put a charge in the tournament when he made birdies on the second and fifth holes and started the back nine with consecutive birdies to pull within one shot of the lead. He missed a 4-foot birdie putt at the short par-5 15th hole that would have put him within one shot again. "Yeah that was the roadblock right there," Watson said. "I needed to make four there to keep the pressure on." Montgomerie made a charge of his own. He birdied Nos. 8, 9 and 10 and, with precise iron shots and clutch putting, also made birdies at 12, 14 and 15 to pull away. He said the birdies in the middle of the round were the key. "I was caught," he said. "It was between seven or eight players that could actually win there. Those birdies were the key." Montgomerie will head home to Scotland for a few weeks with a first-place check of $378,000 and his name will go on the Alfred S. Bourne Trophy. The win also netted him a lifetime exemption to the Senior PGA Championship, and 2014 exemptions for the PGA Championship, Senior British Open and U.S. Senior Open. Watson, who made a bid to be the oldest player to win a senior event of any kind, had five consecutive pars to end his round while missing several birdie chances. He hit 17 of 18 greens in regulation. "It was one of the best rounds from tee to green that I played in years," Watson said. "It was really, really good, but the putter felt like a snake in my hands. I missed a lot of short putts today. It could have been a much better scoring round of golf." Bernhard Langer, playing with Montgomerie for a fourth consecutive round, hit his tee shot at No. 11 in the hazard right of the green and ended up making double bogey on the 140-yard par 3. It put him four shots behind Montgomerie at the time. Montgomerie is the third Scot to win senior golfs oldest championship, and the first since Jock Hutchison won his second Senior PGA in 1940. Ndamukong Suh Rams Jersey . In the second game of their day/night doubleheader at Minneapolis, three Blue Jays pitchers, Steve Delabar, Sergio Santos and J. Ramik Wilson Jersey . New York (16-9-8) took over first place in the Eastern Conference and has the best record in the league with one game remaining. Houstons five-game unbeaten streak was snapped, and the Dynamo (13-11-9) are sixth in the East with one game remaining. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/sam-shields-jersey/. In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager. John Kelly Rams Jersey . -- The court fight over NFL concussions should heat up soon as a judge in Philadelphia weighs the fairness of the proposed $765 million settlement. John Kelly Jersey .com) - The St.We examine the Sky Bet League Two play-offs as Accrington, Plymouth Argyle, Portsmouth and AFC Wimbledon battle for a place in League One. Who? What? When? How?With the help of Ian Holloway, we analyse each teams chances of promotion to League One. Semi-final 1: Portsmouth/Plymouth ArgyleLeg 1: Portsmouth 2-2 Plymouth - Thursday, May 12 Highlights of the League Two play-off semi-final first leg between Portsmouth and Plymouth Argyle at Fratton Park, which ended 2-2 Leg 2: Plymouth v Portsmouth - Sunday, May 15 (Sky Sports 1 HD from 5.50pm) Plymouth ArgyleFinal position: 5th (81 points)Manager: Derek AdamsRecent form: LWWLDWSeason summary: Top of the table for three months and in the automatic promotion places for much of the season, Argyle missed out on a top-three finish after an inconsistent final few months.On January 17, the Pilgrims had a nine-point lead over fourth-placed Bristol Rovers, but their form tailed away, with their automatic promotion hopes severely damaged by a 3-2 home defeat by relegated Dagenham & Redbridge in late April.They did at least finish the campaign in good goal-scoring form, netting 14 goals in their last five games.Graham Carey, who missed two months mid-season with a knee injury, has been key for the Pilgrims, providing 11 goals and as many assists since joining last summer.Play-off history: Winners (1996). Beaten semi-finalists (1994, 2015)Ollies key man: Graham Carey: To get 11 goals from midfield at any level is impressive. Hes slotted in perfectly in his debut season - hes a very talented boy. Graham Carey has been key for Plymouth Argyle Portsmouth Final position: 6th (78 points)Recent form: LLWWWLSeason summary: Having fallen all the way down from the Premier League, this is Portsmouths first opportunity to start their climb back up the ladder.Paul Cooks side were in and around the play-off spots for the entire season but a patchy run of form near Christmas and the start of 2016 dented their chances of a top-three finish.Among the four play-off teams, they scored the most goals in the regular season and also had the best defensive record. They should be boosted by the return from injury of joint-top scorer Marc McNulty as well as Kyle Bennett.Play-off history: Beaten semi-finalists (1993)Manager: Paul CookOllies key man: Gary Roberts: A player with fantastic ability. He can unlock doors with his left foot. Gary Roberts has scored nine goals for Portsmouth this season Ollies first-leg prediction: Adams will be making sure his Plymouth boys will be remaining positive as, despite their recent slump, theyve had a magnificent season.Three more strong performances is all thats required - I hope they do it. Their first job at Fratton Park will be to silence the home crowd, who will be buzzing for this. If they achieve that, then I fancy an away win.OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)Semi-final 2: AFC Wimbledon/AccringtonLeg 1: AFC Wimbledon v Accrington - Saturday, May 14 (Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.30pm)Leg 2: Accrington v AFC Wimbledon - Wednesday, May 18 (KO: 7.45pm) AFC WimbledonFinal position: 7th (75 points)Manager: Neal ArdleyRecent form: WWWLDWSeason summary: Having avoided relegation on the final day a few years ago, the Dons are looking up this year after a strong second half of the season.Seven wins from eight matches at the start of 2016 launched them into the play-offs and, after dropping out in March, they soared again with five wins in a row in April. AFC Wimbledon won their last game of the season against Newport Although the Dons scored the fewest goals among the play-off sides and conceded the most, they have one of the divisions top scorers in Lyle Taylor.dddddddddddd Signed from Scunthorpe last summer, Taylor netted 20 goals in the regular season.Play-off history: N/AOllies key man: Paul Robinson: What a fantastic bloke to have around. Hell be relishing this challenge and has history in the play-offs, scoring a Wembley winner for his boyhood club Millwall. Ian Holloway is backing AFC Wimbledons Paul Robinson to make an impact Accrington StanleyFinal position: 4th (85 points)Manager: John ColemanRecent form: WDWWWDSeason summary: Accrington will have to put their final day heartbreak behind them as they look to win promotion to the third tier for the first time in the clubs history.John Colemans side would have gone up automatically if they had beaten Stevenage, but they were held to a goalless draw and had third place snatched from their grasp by a late Bristol Rovers winner. Accrington were held to a draw by Stevenage on the final day Still, considering they finished 17th last season, it has been a remarkable year already for Accrington. They have the lowest budget in the Football League and the second lowest average attendance, but have lost only twice since February 13, winning four of their last six games.Play-off history: Beaten semi-finalists (2011)Ollies key man: Josh Windass: With a name like Windass youre born to do it in the play-offs! Hell be keen to showcase his talents to the world before he moves to Rangers. Josh Windass is set to leave Accrington in the summer to join Rangers Ollies first-leg prediction: How unlucky were Accrington last weekend?All they needed was a win to go up, but they drew 0-0 and hit the crossbar three times. It would be a fantastic story if they were to see the job out via the play-offs - their fans deserve a Wembley day out.Saying that, AFC Wimbledons fans also deserve a huge amount of credit to stick with their team during some dark days. This will be a cagey game as AFC dont concede too many.OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 5/1)Watch all of the League Two play-off matches live on Sky Sports. Also See: How to win the play-offs Ollies predictions FL play-offs: Who, when, where? Championship highlights Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen