SAN JOSE, Calif. - Brent Burns kept waiting to see a replay of his shot that struck Martin Brodeur in the back of the neck and l

in Steckbrief 20.05.2019 02:39
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Brent Burns kept waiting to see a replay of his shot that struck Martin Brodeur in the back of the neck and left the New Jersey Devils goalie flat on his back on the ice. "Its pretty scary seeing a goalie go down like that," Burns said after the San Jose Sharks edged the Devils 2-1 on Saturday night. "I didnt think I hit him, but I got worried when there was no replay that I might have hit him. Hes a legend of the game." Brodeur, who stopped 28 shots, was struck after he turned his back to the play as Burns tried to sneak the puck past him. Brodeur threw up his left leg to block an attempt from Burns, and then collapsed on the ice for a few minutes with his arms and legs extended. "Usually you dont turn your back to the guy shooting the puck," Brodeur said. "It was like an electric shock through my body. It went really quick through my legs, my feet and my fingers. "I wasnt sure. I had never felt that before, and thats why I didnt move. When I got up I felt a little dizzy but I guess thats normal." Brodeur was attended to by a trainer and was able to get up and remain in the game, before being pulled moments later for an extra skater as New Jersey pressed for the tying goal. "I was kind of upset there because I wanted to get one off of him," said Burns, who earned an assist in his second game after missing 13 because of an injury. Brodeur said he felt fine and was just sore where the puck hit him. He expected to be examined by a doctor. Scott Hannan and Tyler Kennedy scored first-period goals, and Antti Niemi made 18 saves for the Sharks, who have won five of six. "We talked after the first period that they tend to get stronger later in the game," Sharks centre Joe Thornton said. "They played well and made it close in the third. At this point were happy to get the two points." Patrik Elias scored for the Devils, who had a season-high, three-game winning streak snapped. "We had some trouble in our zone covering them," Elias said. "They were very active and able to create a lot of chances. But we got better as the game went on and we had our chances in the second and third periods." The Devils played their third game in four nights. They beat the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings in overtime before travelling to Northern California to face the Sharks. "We played them pretty well but they got the two goals," Devils centre Travis Zajac said. "We matched them after that and there were just a couple of plays we didnt execute, and couldnt get another one." Hannan scored early in the first period from just inside the blue line. Hannan received a pass from Thornton, who has 43 points in 35 games against the Devils, his second most against any Eastern Conference opponent. Thornton has 11 points in 10 games. Kennedy scored late in the first period to make it 2-0 after Marty Havlat passed the puck out to him from behind the net. "I dont know how he saw me, but Marty found me with a great pass," Kennedy said. "I couldnt ask for better linemates. All the credit goes to them." Elias scored during a power play midway through the third period. Andy Greene slid the puck out to the right side, and Elias shot it past Niemis right shoulder. Steve Bernier helped by screening Niemi. The Devils, who came in averaging 25 shots a game, were held to 19 — including only 10 through two periods. NOTES: Thornton moved into a tie with Nicklas Lidstrom for 50th place on the NHL career points list with 1,142. ... Elias has eight points in his last seven games against the Sharks. ... Devils RW Michael Ryder played in his 700th NHL game. ... Havlat recorded his first point in seven games. Dallas Mavericks Jersey . - The Seattle Sounders busy off-season continues with the team acquiring defender Chad Marshall from the Columbus Crew in exchange for a 2015 third-round pick and allocation money. Dwight Powell Jersey . -- Olympic medallist Jennifer Abel of Laval, Que. http://www.officialmavericksfanstore.com...vericks-jersey/. It certainly isnt a coincidence that Dwight Howard has scored at least 20 points in each game of the winning streak. Dirk Nowitzki Jersey .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Jason Kidd Jersey . The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea, and after spending last season on loan with Valencia in La Liga, Romeu will move to the Bundesliga for the 2014-15 campaign.AUCKLAND, New Zealand -- Nate Marquardt tapped out James Te Huna in the first round of their main-event bout on Saturday at "UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt," New Zealands first UFC card. Te Huna, who in 2010 became the UFCs first New Zealander, thrilled the crowd with his walk-in, which featured Maori warriors performing a traditional haka war dance. The energy carried into the cage, as both Te Huna and Marquardt started in rapid fashion. But after a few big exchanges on the feet, the end would come on the floor. Battling in the clinch against the cage, Marqaurdt (33-13-2) threw Te Huna (16-8) to the canvas and moved immediately into mount. When Te Huna rolled to escape, Marquardt went to the back and then slipped off to the side, trapping the arm and extending it to earn a submission win with 26 seconds left in the opening round. "An armbar was not part of my plan," said Marquardt. "It just sort of happened." The nights heavyweight co-feature was a little light on action, but Jared Rosholt (11-1) picked up a one-sided decision win over Australian fan-favourite Soa Palelei (21-4). It was Rosholts wrestling pedigree that earned him the win, utilizing a grinding grappling attack to bring Palelei repeatedly to the floor and preventing him from really ever launching any sort of attack. The crowd often booed the slow-paced fight, but at the end of 15 minutes, it was clear Rosholt had done enough to win the fight, and he was awarded the victory with three scores of 30-27. "I was a little disappointed with that win," Rosholt admitted. "I had a vision to dominate, which I did, but not in the fashion I wanted. "My last few fights have gone the distance, which is disappointing but proves that I have the conditioning, which is definitely an advantage at this weight class.dddddddddddd" In a grappling-heavy featherweight matchup, Charles Oliveira (18-4) scored an impressive submission win over fellow jiu-jitsu ace Hatsu Hioki (27-8-2). The entertaining matchup saw both men transition and sweep to dominant positions on the floor while seeking submission opportunities. Multiple attempts came from both men, but it was a modified guillotine choke in the second round that sealed the victory for Oliveira. Trapped in the hold, Hioki was forced to tap out for the first time in his career. "My opponent tonight was very tough and challenging," Oliveira admitted after the fight. "I studied all of his fights and knew he would be tough. "I know we are in New Zealand, but you always hear Brazilians in the crowd. They are the most passionate fight fans and always make lot of noise. Tonight, they inspired me to take the win." In the nights first main-card matchup, New Zealand native Robert Whittaker (13-4) picked up an impressive decision win over fellow welterweight Mike Rhodes (6-3). Whittaker, the former winner of "The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes," was the better striker throughout the three-round affair, using crisp boxing to pick apart his opponent with a sharp jab and powerful right hand. Rhodes was a game opponent, offering counters until the end and never seeming to slow, but Whittakers relentless attack earned him all three rounds, and he was awarded an unanimous-decision win with scores of 30-27 across the board. "The game plan was to throw as many weapons at my opponent as possible," Whittaker said after the win. "Hats off to Mike -- he gave a lot and definitely took a lot of shots. I like to think I punch hard, so props to him to keep on going." Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen