The late Roger Millward epitomised the sort of play that is in danger of disappearing from the game, says Sky Sports Phil Clarke

in Steckbrief 08.05.2019 02:52
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

The late Roger Millward epitomised the sort of play that is in danger of disappearing from the game, says Sky Sports Phil Clarke in this weeks column... The death of a legend is always a time of great sadness, but it should also be a time of great hope and inspiration. Millward was both a great player and a successful coach.If you have the chance, please spend some time and search for footage on the internet which shows just how good a player he was. He was fast, brave, skilful and evasive, but more than anything he was instinctive. He used his eyes and the creative part of his brain to attack his opponents. He set up and scored hundreds of tries by reacting to what was happening around him. The best tries are always the ones that you dont expect to see, and he scored many of those. I hope his legacy can be an inspiration to the next generation of midfield maestros. Phil Clarke on Roger Millward In my opinion, most fans pay to see creativity on a rugby field. They appreciate the brutal battle that takes place in the middle of the pitch, and they dont mind seeing a try from a pre-planned move now and again, but it is magic moments that they talk about on their way home, ones that are totally unrehearsed. These are what makes them return for the next game.I watched a great TED talk recently by Sir Ken Robinson. It posed the question Do schools kill creativity? - he looked at the path all educational systems have gone down over the past 100 years and identified that we have prioritised logical thinking over creativity. WATCH: Super League tries Phil Clarkes top 5 Super League tries from round 13 It is a bit the same in rugby league. The structured play of who stands where, runs into which hole in their opponents defensive line, passes behind which team-mate, its a bit like watching a driverless car.It just does not excite you even though I can see that it efficiently gets you from A to B, or over the tryline. If we are not careful we are in danger of ridding the game of creative thinking by simply focusing on having more attacking numbers than defending ones. As rugby league mourns the death of one of its greatest players, Sky Sports remembers Millwards career in this fascinating interview with Brian Carney Its logical but it doesnt fire the part of the brain that makes you smile or get up out of your seat.There is a bigger danger that the shift away from an autonomous thinking in attack will become boring - if it hasnt already. Worse still, we are in danger of damaging young players by encouraging them to copy this style of play.Not all coaches are guilty of it but I worry that we are stifling the talents of more players by getting them to play like robots. The obsession with completion rates discourages players from taking a risk. We need to radically alter that thinking and encourage players not to worry about being wrong and losing the ball, mistakes will happen. Millward lifted the Challenge Cup with Hull KR in 1980 after beating Hull FC 10-5 in the final It seems to me that coaches need to feed the imagination of their players, not just provide a template like a choreographer would do for the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. Professional sport is about entertaining people and we need to remember that.Roger Millward epitomised the sort of play that I think is in danger of disappearing from the game. The best tries are always the ones that you dont expect to see, and he scored many of those. I hope his legacy can be an inspiration to the next generation of midfield maestros. Also See: Rugby League Set of Six Should Marsh try have stood? Pundits Follow @SkySportsRL Mark Fayne Jersey . While Minnesota takes aim at its eighth win of November, the Canadiens will try to post just their third victory in nine games this month. Leon Draisaitl Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/boyd-gordon-jersey/. Calgary finished atop the CFL standings with a 14-4 record and earned the right to host the West Division final at McMahon Stadium on Nov. Jari Kurri Jersey . -- Canadian mens rugby coach Kieran Crowley has made four changes to his starting roster for Saturdays Pacific Nations Cup clash against the United States. Connor McDavid Jersey . Goergl, the 2011 world champion, started 28th after the other top contenders had already gone down but had the fastest time at each interval. Goergl finished the demanding 3-kilometre Kaelberloch course in 1 minute, 47.Huge early deficit? No problem. Blown save in the ninth inning? No problem. Down to the last out in the bottom of the ninth? No problem. The Winnipeg Goldeyes (16-9) came back from all of that in a 7-6 walk-off victory over the Grand Prairie AirHogs (10-15) Tuesday night at Shaw Park before 5,549 fans. The win pulls the Goldeyes within half-a-game of the St. Paul Saints for first place in the American Associations North Division. Grand Prairie took a big lead by scoring five runs with two out in the top of the second inning, which was highlighted by a three-run home run by Palmer Karr Jr. After that though, Salamida settled in and gave Winnipeg a chance to get back into the game. The Goldeyes started their climb in the bottom of the third when Ryan Pineda singled in Josh Mazzola, who reached first base on an error. Following two scoreless innings, the Goldeyes tied the game in the sixth inning. With one run in, Donnie Webb hit a two-run home run off the Manitoba Hydro superboard in right-centre field. Four batters later, Pineda singled in Mazzola again, as the Goldeyes belted out six hits in the inning. The Goldeyes missed a glorious opportunity by leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh, but Casey Haerther erased that memory with a leadoff solo home run an inning later. It was his first home run of the season. “I was seeing it pretty well tonight,” Haerther said.dddddddddddd “The one I hit out was a fastball middle-in. Ive been looking for that swing for a while and I finally got it. That gave me a lot of confidence right there.” Grand Prairie battled back to score a run off Goldeyes reliever Kyle Bellamy in the top of the ninth, but Winnipeg answered with a two-out RBI single from Haerther in the bottom of the ninth. Winnipeg tallied three consecutive two-out hits in the final inning to pull off the comeback, as Reggie Abercrombie and Mazzola led it off. “Without Abercrombie and Mazzola ahead of me, that would have never happened,” Haerther said. “It all happened with two outs, which was fun. “It was a great team win. We were down 5-0 most of the game.” Haerther had four hits in the game for the Goldeyes, as did Ryan Pineda. Along with Webb, they also had two RBI. Despite the five-run second inning, Salamida went 6 1/3 innings and took a no-decision. Bellamy got the win for Winnipeg. Despite the blown save, he got a double play with the bases loaded to end the top of the ninth. Bennett Whitmore suffered the loss for Grand Prairie. The rematch goes Tuesday night at Shaw Park. In a battle of lefties, Nick Hernandez (1-0, 5.75) will take the ball for Winnipeg against Grand Prairies Brandon Bargas (2-2, 5.80). Wholesale Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Yankees Jerseys Cheap Stitched Rays Jerseys Wholesale Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Wholesale Tigers Jerseys Royals Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Twins Jerseys Cheap Stitched Astros Jerseys Wholesale Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys China Wholesale Mariners Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Rangers Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Cheap Stitched Phillies Jerseys Wholesale Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Online Wholesale Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Online Cheap Pirates Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Cheap Rockies Jerseys Authentic Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Authentic Cheap Padres Jerseys Online Wholesale Giants Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen