rseys.com/]Cheap Clippers Jerseys[/url] [url=http://w

in Steckbrief 07.05.2019 02:25
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

LAKE LOUISE, Alta. - Lindsey Vonn raised her arms in the air, let out a whoop and fell flat on her back in celebration of an emotional World Cup downhill win Saturday.The ski star led an American sweep of the podium in Lake Louise, Alta., with Stacey Cook second and Julia Mancuso third. Canadas Larisa Yurkiw came the closest to spoiling the U.S. party by finishing a career-best fourth.Vonn claimed the 15th World Cup victory of her career at the Alberta ski resort, but this one was different. Since sweeping both downhills and super-G in 2012, Vonn underwent a pair of knee surgeries that limited her to less than a handful of races in the last year and a half.When she arrived in Lake Louise this week, Vonn hadnt raced in almost a year.The 30-year-old sobbed into the shoulder of her father Alan Kildow and other people on her support team when it was clear her time would hold up for the victory Saturday.Today was just an enormously happy day and also a big relief to know that Im back and I still have the capability of winning, Vonn said.Yurkiws celebration was similar to Vonns, minus the back flop in the finish area. After finishing 22nd in Fridays first downhill, the 26-year-old from Owen Sound, Ont., crossed the finish line less than two-tenths of a second from the podium.Its just such a validation to what I believe in my gut, Yurkiw said. Ive chosen to believe in myself and built a career around it. Im really lucky that its working.Vonns time was one minute 50.48 seconds. Cook was second in 1:50.97, Mancuso third in 1:51.05 and Yurkiw fourth in 1:51.22. Overall World Cup leader Tina Maze of Slovenia was eighth after winning Fridays downhill.There were four American women in the top-10, but none on the podium in Fridays first downhill of the season. They swept the medals Saturday and put four in the top six with Edmonton-born Laurenne Ross finishing sixth. The Audi World Cup Lake Louise concludes with Sundays super-G.Mancuso says the chemistry on the team works well when Vonn is on her game.We missed having someone so dominant around because you can always count on her to put in a good performance, Mancuso said.The rest of us on a good day, were definitely contending for the podium, but Lindseys proved that every day shes contending for the podium. Its nice to have that sort of energy and intensity. Its like OK Lindsey has her game face on so we need to put our game-face on.Cook also returned to the podium in Lake Louise after finishing second in a pair of downhills two years ago.For North Americans, its kind of the one spot where we have an advantage over the Europeans, she said. That comes from Lake Louise being so supportive of junior racing. They host the Nor-Ams and for a junior racer to get on a World Cup track, its the only place in North America that happens. We have a lot of experience here. We have a lot of runs on this hill. You learn whats fast and experience counts big time.Yurkiws catastrophic knee injury in 2009 kept her from racing for almost two years. She lost her spot on the Canadian ski team for the 2013-14 season, so Yurkiw raised money via sponsorships and raced solo to qualify for the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.She regained her place on the national team as the lone downhiller for this season, but turned down financial support from Alpine Canada. The organization runs the womens national team as a combination of speed and technical — slalom and giant slalom — racers. Yurkiw didnt want to join a program where downhill was not a priority.Yurkiws previous best results — a sixth and a seventh in downhills — came last year when she was on her own. Her expectations for Lake Louise this year were low. Yurkiws return to snow in the fall was delayed because of a pair of off-season knee surgeries.Im a racer so I come out and hope to be the fastest every day and sometimes you are and most of the time youre not, so Im really happy with todays result, Yurkiw said.This is much beyond anything we could have hoped for this weekend. My coach was almost crying yesterday and hes like a mans man, so kind of awkward, but I think were surpassing our goals. It opens up the season for an anything-is-possible year.Vonn tore a pair of ligaments and broke a bone in her right leg racing super-G at the 2013 world alpine ski championships.Her attempted comeback for the Winter Olympics stalled out when she tore one the reconstructed ligaments and then sprained a ligament last season. Vonn underwent a second knee surgery in January and did not defend her Olympic womens downhill title.Lake Louise is a place where the four-time overall World Cup champion has dominated in the past. It delivered a welcome dose of confidence Saturday.It was a really long way, you know from being injured and two operations and coming back and coming back again and not quite knowing if I would get to be where I was before, she said. You know I always believed in myself. I never gave up that belief but at the same time, its hard not knowing.With 60 career World Cup victories, Vonn is two away from matching the womens record of 62 held by Annemarie Moser-Proell of Austria. Vonn denied that was on her mind Saturday.No, I just have to focus on the skiing, she said. Every day has gotten better. I just have to keep building my confidence and keep working and everything will eventually come. Dontari Poe Jersey . The Jets have now won three straight at home and four of the last five at the MTS Centre. After a scoreless first period, Brad Marchand scored his first goal in eight games eight seconds into the second. Carolina Panthers Jerseys . Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said his team will include 9th-ranked Janko Tipsarevic and 27th-ranked Viktor Troicki as he decided to let the top-ranked Djokovic rest. http://www.officialcarolinapanthersfootb...h-jersey-womens. His Chicago Blackhawks teammates werent shocked when he found it. Kanes career has been defined by his brilliance in the Blackhawks biggest moments, and his tiebreaking goal with 3:45 to play in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals will rank among the best. J.J. Jansen Jersey . The All Blacks played their best rugby of recent years when they beat South Africa 38-27 in Johannesburg two weeks ago, clinching the Rugby Championships in a match which has been hailed as one of the best ever played. Julius Peppers Jersey . George Hill had 13 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who stayed atop the overall NBA standings despite losing twice on their West Coast trip. Los Angeles kept it close into the second half before the Pacers finished an easy win over the injury-riddled Lakers, who have lost five straight.FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS: 1. NBA FINALS PREDICTION - Spurs in 7: A major percentage of folks are rooting for the Spurs - so am I - yet, I feel that when its all said and done, both of these teams are pretty even when you compare/contrast their strengths and weaknesses. I do think the Spurs have a preparation edge, having had to play the tougher competition all season on a more nightly basis in both the regular season and playoffs in the Western Conference, and it helps that theyve gone through the fire on a more consistent basis. The Heat have the better "Big 3" from a talent perspective and the best player on the planet in LeBron James. Tony Parkers health status concerns me for San Antonio. So many variables that you can toss around and argue over, which Ive done, but Im just going to go with my gut here and take the Spurs. Last years series was terrific and I hope and think that this one will be even better. Enjoy! 2. RANDY WITTMAN (Wizards): A job well done in getting his team to the second round and figuring out how to win which led to a well deserved contract extension. This team was always a bit of a tease the past few years, yet Wittman pushed them to the next level and got nice buy in from them on how the game should be played. Now, they have to try and keep Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza who are both free agents. Regardless, I think the future is bright and on solid ground due to the leadership of Wittman. 3. CHANDLER PARSONS (Rockets): Houston has apparently declined to pick up the option on his contract. I love this guys game and hes still really improving. Parsons shoots it and plays with great energy and awareness. Hell be a restricted free agent and it will be interesting if they can make a run at another big free agent to team with Dwight Howard and James Harden and then try to match Parsonss offer sheet that hell surely get in the open market.dddddddddddd Hes a guy that I consider a glue guy who you can win with and has lots of value because he backs it up with production as well. Its going to be a delicate situation to navigate for GM Daryl Morey and coach Kevin McHale with an important piece of the puzzle. Im quite curious to see how it unfolds. 4. JEFF BOWER (Pistons): Stan Van Gundy hired him as his GM and I really like this hire. Ive known Jeff for over 25 years and hes a good basketball man. Hes paid his dues as a NCAA Div. 1 assistant and head coach and has spent a great deal of time in the NBA with the Charlotte Hornets, as well as their move to New Orleans, as their assistant and head coach, scout, assistant GM and finally GM. He knows all the ins and outs of the business and is someone that Van Gundy can trust to handle the front office responsibilities for him. Van Gundy will have final say on all basketball matters, but you need someone to look after lots of details while youre busy coaching. This really makes sense to me. 5. LaMARCUS ALDRIDGE (Blazers): Aldridge was named to All-NBA Third Team today, but I really feel he should be on Second Team ahead of Kevin Love at the power forward spot. I strongly believe that winning should and does matter. You could argue that Aldridge has a little better supporting cast in Portland, yet when I give the eye test, I see Aldridge perform consistently at a high level against all competition and I see Love as a guy who gets nice numbers within the structure of the game, but Im still just a bit skeptical about what he brings to the table in terms of competitive production in the major moments of the game. I think Aldridge is a Second teamer and Love is a Third. Just my opinion, but winning has to mean something. Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen