SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Isaiah Thomas heard a sound he had never heard before in Sacramento during one of his hot-shooting spurts i

in Steckbrief 04.05.2019 03:00
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Isaiah Thomas heard a sound he had never heard before in Sacramento during one of his hot-shooting spurts in the fourth quarter: silence, then a few light boos.It was just the kind of welcome he had hoped for in his return.Thomas keyed the decisive run against his former team, and the Phoenix Suns got contributions from all over to outlast the short-handed Sacramento Kings 115-106 on Friday night for their fifth straight win.Thomas attributed the reaction to a loyal fan base in Sacramento — some of whom wore his old No. 22 Kings jersey — that wants to see wins and took it as a sign of respect.It was nice for me, Thomas said. It probably wasnt too nice for them.In his first game back in Sacramento, Thomas led an 18-7 spurt to start the fourth quarter that put Phoenix up by 15. The former Kings fan favourite finished with 17 points, five assists and three rebounds in just 29 minutes.But he was hardly alone.Marcus Morris had 20 points and nine rebounds, Eric Bledsoe added 18 points and six assists, Markieff Morris scored 17 points and Goran Dragic finished with 16 points and six assists for the surging Suns.Were small a lot of times. We get hurt on the boards some times. But the guys play hard, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said.Darren Collison scored 19 points, and Rudy Gay added 16 points and five assists for the Kings, who sorely missed DeMarcus Cousins inside. The franchise centre sat out with a stomach illness.Interim coach Tyrone Corbin said the illness is unrelated to the viral meningitis that sidelined Cousins for 10 games previously. Regardless of the issue, Sacramento has struggled without him.The Kings are 2-9 when Cousins hasnt played this season.Reggie Evans tried to make up for Cousins absence, going for 11 points and 16 rebounds, but the lack of Cousins left the middle open on both ends.The Suns shot 48.9 per cent, including 14 for 33 from 3-point range, pushing the pace and creating all kinds of space. Sacramento shot 44.1 per cent and 7 of 29 from beyond the arc.Thats who they are and they are going to shoot a lot of 3s, Corbin said. Unfortunately, they made a fair share of them tonight.The teams traded scores for the first three quarters in what was a sloppy but fast-pace contest most of the way.Thomas received a moderate round of applause — with some giving him a standing ovation — when he checked in during the first quarter, though he didnt do much at the start. Thomas, selected by Sacramento with the 60th and final pick of the 2011 draft, went to Phoenix in a sign-and-trade deal over the summer.As he so often did in Sacramento, the 5-foot-9 guard came up big in the biggest moments.Thomas found Marcus Morris for a 3-pointer and then made two layups between a free throw to open the fourth. He added a couple more dazzling plays and a layup that put Phoenix up 112-97 with 5:09 to play.Thomas scored nine of his 17 points in the final quarter.You could tell, Marcus Morris said, he had an extra hop in his step.TIP-INSSuns: Phoenix improved to 5-0 when it uses the starting lineup of Bledsoe, Dragic, P.J. Tucker, Markieff Morris and Alex Len.Kings: Sacramento started 9-5 this season and is 3-12 since. ... Reserves Ramon Sessions (strained lower back) and Ryan Hollins (personal reason) also sat out.RESPECT FOR MALONEThomas said he was surprised by the Kings firing Michael Malone as coach two weeks ago. Same as everybody elses reaction, like, Why? What else did you guys want? Thomas said. Its none of my business. I know thats the NBA. Nobodys job is guaranteed. It just (stinks) because hes such a great guy and a great coach. They had different plans.STOUDEMIRE SCOUTINGNew York Knicks big man Amare Stoudemire, wearing a black beanie and sunglasses, watched the game from a front-row baseline seat. The Knicks play in Sacramento on Saturday.UP NEXTSuns: At Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday.Kings: Host New York Knicks on Saturday. Ricky Vaughn Jersey . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. Erik Gonzalez Jersey .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenceman Joni Pitkanen from injured reserve. http://www.indiansteamproshop.com/Indian...-Kids-Jersey/.C. - Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek says guard Goran Dragic will return to the starting lineup against the Charlotte Hornets after missing the last two games with a strained back. Omar Vizquel Jersey . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Bob Feller Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Colts by 5RECORD VS. SPREAD — Cincinnati 8-8, Indianapolis 11-5SERIES RECORD — Colts lead 18-10LAST MEETING — Colts beat Bengals 27-0, Oct.CALGARY - Players on both sides of the football look to either establish or re-establish themselves as impact players in the CFL when the Calgary Stampeders host the Montreal Alouettes on Saturday. Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt. or listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 Montreal. Former NFL star Chad Johnson will begin the revival of his football career as an Alouettes receiver. Prominent Stampeder receiver Nik Lewis is back after missing over half of last season with a broken leg. The 32-year-old slotback feels he has something to prove. The sentiment can also apply to Tom Higgins, who returns as a CFL head coach with Montreal after six years working as the leagues director of officiating. His last coaching stint was with the Stampeders from 2005 to 2007 and Calgarys record in his final season was 7-10-1. Its serendipitous his first game back will be at McMahon. "When you think about, why not?" Higgins said Friday. "I knew how to get here. The bus driver went the wrong way and I said no, no, you make a right here." Theres also players still feeling out their new teams such as Josh Bell, a former Lion who will make his Stampeder debut at starting safety Saturday. "I want to see how we adjust really when we have success and when we dont have success," Bell said. "How do we adjust? Thats the biggest thing in football." The Stampeders topped the CFL with a 14-4 record last season, but were upset 35-13 at home in the West Division final by the eventual Grey Cup champion Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Montreal Alouettes went 8-10 and lost 19-16 in the East semifinal to Hamilton. Star quarterback Anthony Calvillo missed the final 10 games of the season with a concussion and subsequently retired in the off-season. Smith, a former Heisman Trophy winner with Ohio State, got a crash course in CFL football going 2-1 to conclude the season. "What you do know about Troy is he brings a level of leadership, he has a very strong arm and hopefully he has a cast around him that he doesnt have to carry the football team," Higgins said. "If we do our job properly, hopefully we can spread that football around enough that he doesnt always feel he has to be on top of his game for us to win." Mitchell won his three starts and came off the bench to win another in 2014. Stampeders coach and general manager John Hufnagel handed the 24-year-old the ball for the opener, but indicated he could have just as easily given it to Drew Tate. "It was a photo finish between he and Drew," Hufnagel said. "I said earlier in the week when I made the decision both quarterbacks will play football for us this year. It just so happens Bo is getting the first start." "He has earned the oopportunity to play.dddddddddddd Hes won every game hes played as a Calgary Stampeder, so thats not a bad track record." Both Mitchell and Smith recognize opportunities to be a CFL starter are limited and they must perform to earn more. "Every game, every play, every snap, every rep is concreting or cementing who you are," Smith said. Added Mitchell: "Now that Ive been given the job, Im going to make sure I keep it, run with it and have a lot of fun." Lewis broke his fibula Aug. 17 and did not play again in 2013. It was the first time in a decade as a Stampeder he was unable to produce over 1,000 receiving yards. Lewis was annoyed Friday that hed been made a designated international for Saturday, which could limit the slotbacks playing time because he cant replace a Canadian on the field. "I dont make these decisions. I just play football," Lewis said. "In this business, its what have you done lately. Last year, I wasnt able to play, so Ive got to continue to go out and get better and prove that I can play. "Ive never had an injury like I had last year, so I am so motivated to get back on the field and just show it is possible. Maybe Week 1, well unleash the beast." Stampeder offensive lineman Dan Federkeil will sit out Saturdays game. He took a hit to the neck in practice this week and has had a concussion before. Hufnagel wants to be cautious with the Medicine Hat, Alta., native. So with internationals Stanley Bryant and Edwin Harrison both suiting up on the offensive line, Hufnagel said "it disrupted our ratio a little bit." "I had to make one of our receivers the DI," Hufnagel explained. "Nik will be the DI, but were still going to have three on the field and they all are going to have their roles. Its not like Nik wont be playing the game." Lewis is considered one of the CFLs colourful, and at times controversial, players. Montreals Johnson could join him in that category. The six-time Pro Bowler and one-time "Dancing With the Stars" contestants Twitter posts often include "sensitive material" warnings. He changed surname to Ochocinco in 2008 only to return to Chad Johnson in 2012. He spent 10 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, but hasnt played a game since 2011. The 36-year-old wide receiver wasnt among the handful of Alouettes available to the media at McMahon on Friday. Smith indicated Johnson is still adjusting to the Canadian game. "Chads OK, man hes done great," the quarterback said. "Hes accepting the different nuances of the game and tried to perfect them the best he could, but his backbone and his foundation will be guys like S.J. Green, guys like Duron Carter and guys like Brandon Whitaker who can give him the ins and outs . . . on things he can do during the game if hes not feeling too up to par with whats going on. "We have an incredible group of veteran guys who do nothing but help tremendously and Ive relied on them also." Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Authentic Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys China Cheap France Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys Cheap Brazil Jerseys Colombia Jerseys From China Wholesale England Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Wholesale Italy Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Jerseys Cheap South Africa Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Wholesale Germany Jerseys Wholesale Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys Authentic Cheap Brazil Jerseys Cheap Argentina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Spain Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys China Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen