n Amateur is just getting started, but the go

in Steckbrief 18.04.2019 05:45
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS 1. KEVIN DURANT VS. LEBRON JAMES: Lots of attention for Wednesdays game matching up the two best players in the world. As I said last week, KD gets my slight edge as the MVP this year but you cant go wrong with either guy. Above and beyond the wonderful skills and smarts that both guys possess the thing I respect about both is their sheer passion and love for the game and their respect for the fact that youve got to pay the price and continue to improve yourself every season as a player. Both continue to grow/blossom as players, adding new elements to their skill set each year. The old line about input equalling output is so true in the case of these two men. Strong work ethic and dedication to their craft. Enjoy watching. 2. INDIANA PACERS: Caught some of their game last night at the Lakers and theyve got a wonderful defence but the thing that has really impressed me with the return of Danny Granger is the unselfishness and value of team play offensively. Everyone is involved and the ball finds the right guy at the right spot. Six players were in double figures last night and Luis Scola had eight points. They can shut down your offence big-time and the versatility and balance of their offence is a nice luxury to have. 3. ANTHONY DAVIS (Hornets): Folks, hes breaking out. This man can truly play. On Tuesday night he gets 30 points, seven rebounds and eight blocks vs. the Cavs. Injuries have been the only thing that have derailed his progress in his first two seasons. If this guy played in a major market youd be hearing about him every day with his upside. Hes a nifty passer as well with really nice ball skills and good understanding of team play. If he stays healthy, hes going to emerge in the next few seasons as one of the best big men in the game for a long time. 4. BRADLEY BEAL & JOHN WALL (Wizards): Caught some of their game on Tuesday against the Warriors (stayed up late watching a bunch of West Coast hoops) and when these two young guards play together and are healthy they are special. Against the explosive back court of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson they more than held their own with 35 points, 15 rebounds, nine assists and four steals. The Wizards are an intriguing team in the East and having a veteran like Trevor Ariza having a nice season on the perimeter for them they can produce points pretty consistently. Against a pretty good defensive team that also puts great offensive pressure on you, this was a good road win for the Wiz. Guard play wins lots of games and theyve got it. 5. DAVID STERN: Bottom line, every player, coach, executive, owner, broadcaster, and support staff member of each NBA team and all the members of the NBA media as well as countless loyal basketball fans around the world should raise a glass and toast the career and legacy of this commissioner. He was the best ever in NBA history and arguably the best ever in professional sports. Not the most warm and fuzzy guy on earth but the man delivered the goods for everyone. The game, attention on the sport and the coverage it creates and gets are overwhelmingly better than theyve ever been. You need a man with vision, leadership skills and a thick skin to get the job done and he got the job done in an impressive way. Cheers! Were all better for the legacy he leaves behind. Cheap Titans Jerseys China . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys . And former Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson certainly knows his pain. "Its pretty hard to coach there without allowing some of these things to kind of affect you," Wilson told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun in his ESPN. http://www.cheaptitansjerseyselite.com/. With one week left in the regular season, Cornish - voted The Toughest Player To Bring Down - is a leading candidate for the CFLs Most Outstanding Player award. He has rushed for 1,799 yards and could break Willie Burdens club record for rushing yards in a single season with a 98-yard performance against the B. Cheap Titans Jerseys . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.Matias Dominguez was like most kids who fall in love with golf and dream of one day playing in the Masters.Not many others faced such long odds. For starters, Dominguez grew up in Santiago, Chile, a country where golf is an afterthought and only one Chilean had ever competed at Augusta National. That was Enrique Orellana, who missed the cut 51 years ago.Until recently, Dominguez, 22, wasnt even sure he wanted to golf for a living. He is a senior at Texas Tech, not exactly a golf powerhouse, and Dominguez is fourth in scoring average for the Red Raiders after four tournaments in the fall.One chance was all he needed — the Latin American Amateur Championship. One week of great golf left him close to tears.With a spot in the Masters riding on the outcome, Dominguez closed with a 1-under 71 Sunday at Pilar Golf Club in Buenos Aires, Argentina, winning the inaugural event and earning the right to be among Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods and his golfing idol, Phil Mickelson, at Augusta in April.I always told to myself, I hope one day I can get to the Masters, Dominguez said in a conference call after his victory. Hopefully, I can just share that moment with all my friends and my family, because we all grew up with that same dream. ... I just cant believe right now that dream just became true.That was the idea behind the Latin American Amateur, which was patterned after the Asia-Pacific Amateur.Augusta National, the Royal & Ancient Golf Club and the U.S. Golf Association founded the tournament with hopes it would inspire an entire region — South and Central America and the Caribbean. It comes with perks such as a spot in the Masters, the final stage of qualifying for the British Open and U.S. Open and a berth in the U.S. Amateur and British Amateur.Without the Latin American Amateur, the only way for someone like Dominguez to play in the Masters would be as a top professional or to win an established amateur event open to the best in the world.Right before they announced this tournament, it seemed almost impossible for a Latin American to get there, Dominguez said. And then here I am today. Just saying, Im going to the Masters and play with everyone tthere, its just shocking.dddddddddddd.Who could have imagined the road from Santiago to Magnolia Lane would lead through Lubbock, Texas?Dominguez is in his final semester at Texas Tech, where his greatest achievement was leading them to a spot in the NCAA Championship as a sophomore. He is starting to branch out with academics and figure out where golf fits into the equation.Asked for similarities between Santiago and the open spaces of West Texas, Dominguez broke out into laughter.Almost none, he said. Probably if you want to find something that is the opposite of Chile, you would have to say Lubbock, Texas. But its been a great journey. Lubbock has been something new, totally new people and new culture. It broadens my mind and makes me learn from other cultures and people, and its been awesome for me. I wouldnt change it for anything.Augusta National chairman Billy Payne has talked about using the reputation and resources of the Masters to help attract players from Asia — and now Latin America — to the game. The idea was to identify good golfers, which could create heroes for younger kids from the region.The Asia-Pacific Amateur already has produced Hideki Matsuyama of Japan, who made the cut at Augusta both times he qualified and now is among the top players in the world. The Latin American Amateur is just getting started, but the goal is the same.South America has produced two major champions — Roberto de Vicenzo (1967 British Open) and Angel Cabrera (2007 U.S. Open, 2009 Masters), both from Argentina. Chiles best golfer is Felipe Aguilar, who is No. 160 in the world and plays the European Tour.Aguilar and Mickelson are Dominguezs golfing inspirations, he says, mainly because they always smile. And no one was beaming quite like Dominguez on Sunday.Everyone in Chile is just going crazy, he said. It was something that for all of us, we thought it was almost impossible. ... We were waiting a few more years for the next player to get into the Masters. I think everyone is in shock right now that we got another Chilean guy playing the Masters after like 50 years.Hopefully, I can represent them the best I can at the Masters. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen