He’s just taking it in stride and kind of knows

in Steckbrief 17.12.2019 07:14
von zhangzk • 134 Beiträge

Hogs Haven takes a look at 2019 NFL Draft prospects who could contribute to the Redskins"Drew Lewis Dwayne Haskins Jersey White , LBSchool: Colorado | Conference: PAC 12College Experience: RS Senior | Age: 23Height / Weight: 6-2 / 229 lbsProjected Draft Status: 6th or 7th RoundNFL Comparison: Tanner VallejoCollege StatisticsPlayer OverviewDrew Lewis was a 3-star recruit who originally committed to Washington. He has some NFL bloodlines. His dad is Will Lewis who played corner in the NFL and USFL in the early 80s. He was also the Director of Pro Personnel for several NFL teams including the Packers, Seahawks, and Chiefs. His uncle is Tim Lewis who also played in the NFL in the 80’s. Drew was given a redshirt in 2014 when he arrived at Washington. It was his first time away from home and his family and he begun hanging out with the wrong people and his grades started to slip. Something wasn’t connecting with him and the coaching staff. He was dismissed from the Huskies in 2015 and he enrolled in Coffeyville Community College where he played that year. Lewis got a second chance when he was able to enroll at Colorado. He started off on special teams his first year in Boulder before he had a breakout RS junior year and was one of the most production linebackers in the PAC 12. Lewis’ tackle production tapered off this past season as he was asked to fill more of a coverage role but he proved himself very capable in that area. At the next level he will be asked to play special teams again but he may be seen as sort of a diamond in the rough by some staffs. He has the upside to develop into a solid contributor at the next level.StrengthsConsidered a freak athlete at the position. He confirmed that at his Pro Day showing that he has the speed, explosion, agility, and athleticism that so many NFL teams covet at the position. Flashes of his potential can be seen on tape.When asked to work downhill and create pressure knows how to pursue and take good angles. He can close quickly in the backfield forcing QBs to hurry up. Technique getting off blocks leaves a lot to be desired but he can bang and fight his way through the opposition with brute force and find a way to the ball.Looks good as a coverage defender. He moves well in space and shows good awareness and react ability in coverage. Measured movement gained depth can fool opposing QBs who underestimate his recovery speed. He can turn and run with his opponents and adjust his body to make plays on the ball. Athletic ability allows him stick with almost anyone. Might have just learned a thing or two from his dad and uncle.When asked to attack and play the run tackling ability looks fine. WeaknessesInstincts and read and react ability are a really tough evaluation. He was used in a much different way in 2017 than in 2018. This past year he seemed a step hesitant and out of position because of his coverage responsibilities. Was asked to play outside linebacker but he isn’t. Doesn’t have the technique, counters, or size to stay outside full time. Will be 24 in September but really only has 2 years of starting experience in D1 ball. Some weaknesses you could attribute to inexperience but the ‘football biological clock’ ticks against him.Leadership is important at the position and I’m not sure he has it. I couldn’t find any outright praise couple that with his past issue at Washington and teams will want to make sure he’s actually grown up. Undersized for the position.Let’s see his work:More Drew Lewis videosHow He Would Fit On The RedskinsThis draft class is a rarity in that is has so many great athletes as the linebacker position that can be found in both the mid and late rounds. Lewis obviously has some nice tools to work with as a developmental prospect. I’m not sure what happened at Colorado that lead to his responsibilities being shifted to more of a coverage guy. I recommend you watch him in 2017 to get a sense of what I’m saying. While he’s shown he can handle the work there its made for a really tough evaluation and analysis for his fit not only at the position but his ability to improve. Teams will have to go back and compare the two different styles and their results to figure out how they really want to use him. As far as the Redskins go they need to keep adding depth and athleticism at the linebacker position. I like what I saw from Lewis when he attacks downfield but there is no secret he has a long way to go before getting on the field. Aside from special teams contributions I can see him on the field as a coverage defender on passing downs. But I also think he has the tools to become an adequate player in run defense. Lewis has a lot of questions surrounding him and a team will probably be willing to spend a pick on him late to see just what they are getting. It wouldn’t hurt the Redskins to take a closer look in the later rounds. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Carson Wentz put all his skills on display against the Washington Redskins last season.He showed off his strong arm, his accuracy, his running skills, ability to escape and toughness in two double-digit wins Dwayne Haskins Jersey , helping the Philadelphia Eagles to the No. 1 seed in the NFC before a knee injury ended his season.The Eagles (5-6) need Wentz to play at that level Monday night when they host the Redskins (6-5) in an important division game. The Cowboys (7-5) lead the NFC East and the defending Super Bowl champions are a victory away from heading to Dallas for a first-place showdown.First, the Eagles must beat Washington. It starts with Wentz.The Redskins expect to see him at his best even though he’s still less than a year removed from surgery to repair two torn knee ligaments.“He’s a big-frame guy,” Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said. “Andrew Luck is very similar, Ben (Roethlisberger) same thing. Just guys that can (be difficult to) actually get them down physically. But overall on the back end, you have to be able to plaster. The first game we didn’t plaster. I think on the first possession then they got a score.“But overall on the back end, we have to make sure to plaster because he can extend plays, get out of the pocket and break some tackles that you see that he does a lot. We have to make sure we plaster on the backside.”On Philadelphia’s opening drive of the 2017 season, Wentz made a spectacular play on a 58-yard TD pass to Nelson Agholor that kicked off a victory at Washington. He spun away from a defender and eluded another in the pocket before scrambling away and heaving a deep pass to Agholor.He did it again to the Redskins on a Monday night a month later.In the third quarter of that game, Wentz somehow escaped a sack, stayed upright, took a hit and tossed a TD pass while falling forward.Then early in the fourth quarter Wes Martin Jersey , Wentz appeared to be sacked — television and radio announcers both called one — but he ducked under a mass of bodies and escaped for a long run.All three plays came on third downs. That type of magic has been missing from Philadelphia’s offense this season. Part of the reason is Wentz hasn’t been able to extend plays with his legs.“If there are opportunities to take off and get a first down, protect yourself, slide, then we need that to stay on the field,” coach Doug Pederson said. “I think that’s one area that we can, on third down, particularly, to make sure we do stay on the field, is utilize his ability to run.”But Pederson doesn’t believe Wentz is reluctant to run because of his knee.“No, he just hasn’t had as many opportunities yet this year,” Pederson said.Wentz has only run for 100 yards in nine games. Last season Womens Bryce Love Jersey , he rushed for 299 in 13. He also doesn’t blame it on his recovery from knee surgery.“There’s no kind of just get back into it, feel your way into it,” he said. “I was trying to take this thing full speed and run with it. So I never want it to be one of those excuses.”Wentz has put up similar passing numbers to last season when he finished third in NFL MVP voting. His completion rate is a career-best 69.7 percent and his passer rating is 100.8, down from 101.9. He has 16 TD passes and six interceptions, including three in a 48-7 loss at New Orleans.“ the system a little bit better of course,” Manusky said. “He’s having a lot of success and he’s playing good.”On the opposite side, the Redskins are trying to imitate Philadelphia’s success with a backup quarterback. Nick Foles stepped in for Wentz and led the Eagles to their first Super Bowl title.Colt McCoy threw three picks in his first start since replacing the injured Alex Smith. McCoy is 7-19 as a starter since Cleveland selected him in the third round of the 2010 draft.“Nobody gave them a chance last year and they went out and lost their starting quarterback and ended up winning a Super Bowl,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said.“You can learn a lot from that. It’s about how the team rallies around certain people and it’s not about one guy. That defense stepped it up, that offensive line stepped it up, the running game stepped it up and of course Nick Foles did a great job in critical moments. That’s what we’re trying to do.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen