weve been competing

in Steckbrief 03.12.2019 06:51
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

ZAGREB, Croatia - Unhappy with sitting on the bench, Nikica Jelavic says he is quitting the Croatian national team.The Hull striker made the announcement on Saturday, a day after he sat out the European Championship qualifying match against Bulgaria that Croatia won 1-0 in Sofia.Croatia coach Niko Kovac was surprised by Jelavics announcement and wished him well in his future career.Kovac said: I thank him for everything he has done for the Croatian national team. I wish him the best in his life and his club football career.The 29-year-old has played 36 games for Croatia, scoring 6 goals. Before joining Hull this season, Jelavic played for Hajduk Split, Rangers and Everton. Markus Naslund Jersey .J. -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is going to start the off-season training program with a surgically repaired left ankle. Greg Millen Jersey . He had spent 16 days on the disabled list before being activated Thursday. He was batting just .203 when he came to bat in the 11th inning on Sunday. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/1821...y-penguins.html. TSN 1290s game day coverage begins on Monday, June 9 at 5:30pm ct as the Blue Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts in pre-season action. Bombers game day broadcasts on TSN 1290 are hosted by Winnipeg Blue Bomber Hall of Famers Troy Westwood and new addition Chris Walby, alongside beat reporter Darrin Bauming, who delivers regular reports on the team for TSN 1290 all-season long. Penguins Jerseys 2019 . Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. Leo Boivin Jersey . The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship.Earlier this week, Natalie Achonwa of the University of Notre Dame was named one of the top fifty players in America. In an early season watch list for The Naismith Trophy, which recognizes the womens college player of the year, the Guelph, Ontario native was one of two Canadians acknowledged. She made the accomplishment while rehabbing from a meniscus tear in her right knee, which forced her to miss the first three games of the season. If the injury sounds familiar, its the same one that has sidelined Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose for the rest of the NBA season. However, Achonwa, a 63 forward, underwent a different surgical procedure which allowed her to get back on the court in four weeks to compete in her final year. In Achonwas first three seasons at Notre Dame, they have made it to the Final Four each time and lost in the championship game twice. "I always say its like we went to the ball three years in a row, and we never got the crown," she states. "We were always the bridesmaid and never got to wear the dress. I know the three seniors and captains between us - we want to leave Notre Dame a legacy. The class before us with Skylar Diggins and Kaila Turner, they really started something and we battled with them for three years to three Final Fours, and this year we want that ring. After all weve been through, thats whats pushing us to leave Notre Dame on a high note." This seasons Fighting Irish squad is already off to a strong start, undefeated at 5-0 and ranked No. 5 in the country. In a rare NCAA game on Sunday December 1, they will host Duquesne at Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto, Ontario. "One of the reasons I came to Notre Dame is you have opportunities like this," she says. "We went to Europe this year, weve done so much and now coach is letting me have a senior game back at home. Im just really blessed for the opportunity to be able play in front of my family and friends." Achonwa isnt a stranger to playing in Canada or for her country. As a memberr of the Senior Womens National Team, she helped the squad to a silver medal at the FIBA Americas tournament this summer and a berth to the World Championships in 2014.dddddddddddd Yet for all their success, the hype surrounding Canada Basketball still resides with the mens team. A program ranked 26th in the world and has fallen short of expectations in recent years, while the women seemingly get no respect. "I dont know if its about respect," Achowna says. "But more recognition that we are good and that we do compete for medals. Its just the popularity of womens basketball as a whole, its sad. Just because we cant dunk or throw alley-oops, people dont see it as entertaining. I think thats changing even with the Olympics two years ago and that brought some awareness back to the program. Just the rise and talent and how well weve been competing the last couple of years, and continuing on in the future. Im hoping it will bring some recognition in womens basketball." Her inclusion on the Naismith watch list already indicates that Achonwa is primed to be the recipient for more recognition, which will be key as she prepares for life after South Bend, Indiana. "I definitively want to continue to play outside of Canada Basketball, I want to play professionally as well," she says. "If I get drafted this year that would be great, but we have a very competitive class and theres a lot of great players." What may come off as false modesty is the reality that its not easy to make a WNBA roster, particularly with only 12 teams in the league. "Theres a great difference between the WNBA and NBA. If youre not a top five pick, youre trying out for a team, youre not on the team. If I make a team, I would love to be in the WNBA, but I would play overseas." However, right now shes more concerned with how shes going to finish this week, playing basketball at home with her friends and family watching, and taking one more step towards winning a national championship. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen