Yekkas star continue to shin

in News 02.12.2019 07:51
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

Two months ago, if you had told 16-year-old Sura Yekka that she would be a member of Canadas womens national team, she wouldnt have believed such a thing was possible. 76ers Jerseys China . “I wouldnt have expected it. I would have been, like, ‘Oh, thats a good joke!” said Yekka on Wednesday. “It was crazy…I went to the Canada - U.S. game (in June) and I was a fan and then, within a couple of months, Im now part of the team…its just unreal,” she explained, trying to put into context how much her soccer career has changed in such a short period of time. It would be completely understandable if Yekka was overwhelmed by it all. Players who she grew up idolizing, the likes of Christine Sinclair and Diana Matheson, are now her teammates. But she isnt. In fact, shes taking it all in her stride. “When Im a little awestruck, its more off the field. But when Im on the field, Im like ‘These are my teammates, like ‘Im in the zone now”, said Yekka. Once she steps over the white line and the ball comes out, shes in her element. Yekka has all of the characteristics that you look for in a modern fullback: she is quick, agile, technically sound and has good natural instincts for when to jump into the attack. The area of her game that still needs work - which is understandable, given her age and relative inexperience - is her reading of the game and her positional awareness. Those can be taught and, the more time Yekka spends with the womens team and its coaching staff, the more she will improve in these areas. Over the next six months, Yekka will be preparing for the FIFA U-20 Womens World Cup, being held in Canada. With venues in Edmonton, Moncton, Montreal and Toronto, Yekka is excited about the prospect of playing in front of family and friends. “Its going to be a dream come true. The amount of people who are going to be there and knowing that your friends and family are going to be in the crowd and knowing that, no matter what, people are going to be there to support you…its going to be absolutely crazy. Its going to be so exciting,” she enthused. Aside from the thrill of playing in the U-20 World Cup, Yekka also sees the tournament as an opportunity to stake a claim to a place in the senior squad for the World Cup in 2015. “I feel like I need to do the best that I can to gain as much World Cup experience because everyone on the senior team has World Cup experience, no matter what level they have…and I feel like Im the only one thats lacking it so I feel like I need that. The fact that its home makes me more determined to do well,” said Yekka. That determination should see Yekkas star continue to shine. If she performs as well as she has shown in recent months, it will go a long way towards securing a spot on the senior team for the main event in 2015. So youd better get used to hearing Sura Yekkas name - I suspect youll be hearing it a great deal for years to come. 76ers Jerseys 2020 . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. Cheap 76ers Jerseys . Wayne and Cindy Tuck of Ilderton, Ont., closed out round-robin play earlier in the day with a 7-3 win over Finland but needed a win over Austria to reach the final eight. https://www.cheap76ers.com/ .com) - The disappointing Ottawa Senators hope to record consecutive wins for the first time since early November, as they visit the Boston Bruins on Friday for the opener of a home-and-home series.Mark Buehrle tries to win his fourth straight start to begin the season when the Toronto Blue Jays resume their three-game set in Cleveland this afternoon. Buehrle has given up just two earned runs this year, and one of those came Sunday at Baltimore when he limited the Orioles to five hits over seven innings. This strong beginning to the season by the veteran left-hander is his best since 2009 when he went 5-0 over his first six appearances before losing in Cleveland on May 13 that season. Buehrle is 15-17 with a 4.87 EA in 48 games (47 starts) against the Indians. The Blue Jays, who won 3-2 last night, are expected to get back infielder Jose Reyes today. Reyes suffered a strained hamstring during his first at-bat of the season on March 31 and hasnt played since. He was activated off the 15- day disabled list last night. The Blue Jays placed Adam Lind on the 15-day DL with a strained lower back and optioned shortstop Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Buffalo. The Blue Jays also selected the contract of Juan Francisco from the Bisons and transferred Maicer Izturis to the 60-day DL. Corey Kluber tries to help the Indians snap a two-game skid today when he takes the mound. The righty will be throwing on extended rest after throwing a season-best 7 1/3 innings against the White Sox last Sunday. He allowed eight hits and two runs in a no-decision. Thus far this season, Kluber has fanned 16 and walked only three batters. This willl be his first career appearance against Toronto. Custom Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys. Kluber is 6-0 over his last 11 starts at Progressive Field and hasnt lost at home since May 31, 2013 against Detroit. Melky Cabrera supplied four hits and a run for the Blue Jays in last nights win. Kawasaki, Edwin Encarnacion, and Brett Lawrie each drove in a run for the Blue Jays, who snapped a two-game skid. Starting pitcher Drew Hutchison gave up two runs on eight hits with nine strikeouts across 5 1/3 innings. Steve Delabar (1-0) retired the final two batters in the sixth after having men on first and third to earn the win. Sergio Santos picked up his fifth save of the season after issuing two walks and striking out two batters in a scoreless ninth. "It got a little hairy there, but the bottom line is he got it done," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said of Santos. Carlos Santana stroked a two-run homer and Jason Kipnis had two hits for the Indians, who have dropped three of their last four. Justin Masterson allowed two runs on six hits with nine strikeouts over 6 1/3 innings, but Marc Rzepczynski (0-1) was tagged with the loss after giving up a run on two hits in the seventh. "Were just working out the kinks, having some fun. A lot of close games. I think youll find as we continue to go, theres going to be a lot of great things coming," Masterson said. Cleveland won four of the six meetings last season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen