in Washington’s 4-0 win over Pittsburgh

in News 29.11.2019 06:41
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

American Gracie Gold leads after the womens short program at Skate Canada International on Friday night, scoring 69. Jordan Yamamoto Jersey .45 points. Julia Lipnitskaia, a 15-year-old from Russia, is second with 66.89, while Japans Akiko Suzuki scored 65.76 to leave her third. Canadas Kaetlyn Osmond, who was sidelined for all of September with a foot injury, had an uncharacteristic fall coming out of a double Axel to leave her fifth. Osmond had landed three triple jumps and looked poised for a clean program when she stumbled and fell on her side after landing her double Axel. "Im not sure what it was, it was probably just my excitement taking over, and thinking Oh my god I just did all three of my jumps and now I can just have fun the rest of my program. As I was extending forward, my feet were just gone from underneath me, and I was like Oh no!" The 17-year-old from Marystown, N.L., had only been back on the ice for three weeks after she was diagnosed with a stress reaction -- a precursor to a stress fracture -- in late August. Shed only finally successfully landed her triple jumps last week. Osmond, who won Skate Canada last year, skated to music from "Sweet Charity," a 1966 Broadway musical about a dancer-for-hire. The teenager looked like one, wearing a black dress with white elbow-length gloves, and her hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. Osmond and her coach Ravi Walia said going with a more mature look was a measured move in this Olympic season. If she wanted to compete against the worlds top women, she has to look like one. "You want to look like the top skater in the world, you always want to look like youre seasoned out there," Walia said. Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., was sixth, while Veronik Mallet of Sept-Iles, Que., was eighth. Skate Canada is the second of six stops on figure skatings Grand Prix circuit. The top six entries in each discipline qualify for the Grand Prix Final, Dec. 5-8, in Fukuoka, Japan. Robb Nen Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. Mark Hutton Jersey . HEROES Alex Ovechkin – Scored a pair of goals in Washington’s 4-0 win over Pittsburgh. With 13 goals in the past 13 games, Ovechkin now has 29 goals on the season to lead the league. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/1461r-kirt-ojala-jersey-marlins.html . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout.MILWAUKEE - Neil Walker hit a three-run homer, Charlie Morton pitched seven strong innings and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat Milwaukee 5-2 Monday to retake the NL Central lead. The Pirates moved one game of St. Louis, which lost earlier in the day at Cincinnati. Pittsburgh won the opener of a nine-game road trip. Walker broke it open with his homer in the seventh for a 5-1 lead. Jose Tabata added three hits, including a pair of run-scoring singles. Morton (7-3) gave up seven hits and one earned run. He walked two and struck out six while winning his fourth straight decision. Mark Melancon pitched the ninth for his 10th save in 12 chances. Tyler Thornburg (1-1) allowed two runs and six hits in six innings. The Brewers opened the scoring in the second when Juan Francisco sliced a double that landed just inside the left field line. Francisco scored on a single by Logan Schafer. The Pirates tied it in the third when Clint Barmes led off with a single and later scored on a single by Tabata. Milwaukee threatened in the third when Norichika Aoki tried to score on Jonathan Lucroys one-out grounder to third. Aoki was tagged out in a rundown by third baseman Pedro Alvarezz, who then threw out Lucroy as he attempted to advance to second. Gregg Zaun Jersey. The Brewers loaded the bases with two outs in the fourth but Thornburg struck out swinging. Barmes led off with a double in the fifth and Tabata singled home the go-ahead run. Thornburg struck out Marlon Byrd with the bases loaded to prevent further damage. Singles by Morton and Tabata set up Walkers 10th home run. The Brewers added a run in the seventh when a soft throw from the outfield skipped under Alvarezs glove for an error and rolled into the Pirates dugout, allowing Aoki to score from second base. NOTES: The victory gave the Pirates three consecutive wins in Milwaukee for the first time since 2004. ... Milwaukees Jean Segura stole his league-leading 39th base in the fifth. ... Brewers relief pitcher Tom Gorzelanny left the game with tightness in his left shoulder after throwing just two pitches. ... Michael Blazek, acquired by Milwaukee on Sunday from St. Louis as the player to be named in a deal that sent relief pitcher John Axford to the Cardinals, pitched a scoreless inning of relief. ... Thornburg made his fourth start of the season and first since Aug. 14. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen