chased Weaver with a drive

in Steckbrief 29.11.2019 06:37
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

TAMPA, Fla. -- Daniel Briere might have been the most comfortable player on the ice. Playing in his 109th career playoff game and first for the Montreal Canadiens, Briere skated around in overtime feeling fresh and like something good was going to happen. The least surprising thing was that Briere, a patented playoff performer, made the play to set up Dale Weises goal to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1. It was Brieres 110th point in the Stanley Cup playoffs but also evidence of how strong an overall game he played. "I had lots of chances," Briere said. "I really liked the play of our line. Talking to ourselves before the game, we wanted to bring energy to our team. I believe we were able to do that. Personally I felt like I had a lot of jump and probably couldve scored a few goals before that overtime." Briere had a couple of the games better scoring chances despite playing in a role with Weise and Michael Bournival in which he wasnt expected to bring offence. But thats exactly what he brought on the game-winner, taking advantage of a Tampa Bay defensive breakdown to feed Weise for the winner. "It was an excellent reward for them because they played an excellent game," coach Michel Therrien said. "They deserved to score the winning goal." Given his noticeable play for much of the night, Briere probably deserved more than just a point. But Weise will take what he got. "I thought he was awesome tonight," Weise said of Briere. "Hes a guy that I grew up as a little kid watching him play, and he just raises his level in the playoffs and you saw that tonight." Briere helped beat the Habs in the 2010 Eastern Conference final while with the Philadelphia Flyers, putting up three points in the series first two games. He led all players in those playoffs with 30 points in 23 games. Even though his minutes arent that of a top-liner, Montreal hopes to continue to reap the benefits of Brieres playoff prowess, as it did Wednesday night. "Hes played a ton of playoff games and played some big games," captain Brian Gionta said. "No different tonight." Briere didnt want to blow one primary assist out of proportion, even though it was a significant one. "I dont know, its just one game," he said. "I dont want to get too crazy. Its a huge win. Its a great feeling." Wholesale Air Jordan .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Air Jordan 19 For Sale .C. -- Al Jefferson said he feels like hes playing the best basketball of his 10-year NBA career. https://www.wholesalejordanshoeschina.com/. Ferrer, the two-time defending champion in Buenos Aires, is aiming to win his 21st ATP tournament. Ferrer will next face fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, the fourth seed, who defeated Jeremy Chardy of France 7-6 (7), 6-3 in another quarterfinal match. Cheap Jordan From China . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Discount Air Jordan . Murakami gracefully executed a double triple toe jump and a triple flip jump that put her at the top of a tightly contested race with 64.73 points, just ahead of Li Zijun of China on 62.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Stephen Vogt hit his first home run of the season, a two-run shot against Jered Weaver, and the Oakland Athletics increased their AL West lead over the Los Angeles Angels to 3 1/2 games with a 7-1 victory Wednesday night. Tommy Milone (4-3) allowed a run and six hits in 6 2-3 innings with four strikeouts and two walks. The left-hander is 4-0 with a 2.00 ERA in his last seven starts overall, and 4-0 with a 3.54 ERA in five career starts at Angel Stadium. Weaver (7-5) gave up four runs and six hits through 5 1-3 innings in his 14th start, matching his shortest outing of the season. In his last two starts against Oakland, the three-time All-Star has allowed nine earned runs in 11 1-3 innings. Both centre fielders made home run-saving catches -- Mike Trout robbing Yoenis Cespedes to end the first inning and Coco Crisp pulling back Josh Hamiltons drive leading off the second. Cespedes drove in Oaklands first run with a third-inning single, and Hamilton drove in the Angels first run with a fourth-inning double off the glove of first baseman Brandon Moss. Cespedes snuffed out an Angels rally in the seventh with his major league-leading ninth outfield assist, throwing out Albert Pujols at third after misplaying his double to left field. Cespedes got a huge assist from third baseman Josh Donaldson, who caught the throw going away from the bag and made a diving tag on Pujols. Tuesday night, Cespedes threw out Howie Kendrick at the plate with a 300-foot throw from the left field corner after misplaying a double by Trout -- the third time he threw out an Angels runner at home this season. The As, who dropped the first two games of the series 4-1 and 2-1 in 14 innings, broke a 1-all tie with three runs in the sixth. Cesspedes led off with a double that deflected off the glove of third baseman John McDonald as he dove toward the line, and Moss followed with a dribbler to the left of the mound that got past Weaver for a single with the Angels overshifting to the right side.dddddddddddd Cespedes scored the go-ahead run on Jed Lowries sacrifice fly. Vogt, making his sixth start since his recall from Triple-A Sacramento on June 1 and his fourth behind the plate, chased Weaver with a drive deep into the right field seats on the right-handers 104th pitch. Weaver has allowed a home run in six consecutive starts -- equaling his career-worst stretch, which occurred in his final six outings of 2011. Oakland tacked on three more runs in the ninth against Cory Rasmus. Crisp and Cespedes had RBI singles, and Eric Sogard scored when the rookie right-hander tried to pick off Crisp at first base and threw the ball away. Lowrie ended a career-worst 0-for-21 drought with an opposite-field single in the third. Donaldson, who wasnt in the starting lineup after making four throwing errors in the first two games of the series, entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the sixth and was 0 for 2 -- extending his career-worst hitless drought to 23 at-bats. NOTES: Oakland LHP Fernando Abad has stranded all 14 of his inherited baserunnners, while Angels RHP Fernando Salas has allowed all nine of his inherited runners to score. ... Two of Vogts big league homers have been against the Angels. ... The Angels are 13-18 against AL West teams and 23-11 against everyone else. ... Oakland LHP Sean Doolittle has not allowed a run in a career-best 21 1-3 consecutive innings, and has 44 strikeouts with only one walk. ... The As are the only team in the majors that hasnt had a rookie play. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen