He closed with a 73 and tied

in Steckbrief 29.11.2019 06:37
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Kevin Keirmaier blamed himself for Tuesday nights 11-inning loss to the Detroit Tigers, but Joe Maddon wouldnt let him. The Tampa Bay Rays rookie right fielder took a chance in the 11th, diving for Ian Kinslers leadoff hit, which got by him for a triple. It opened a three-run inning that enabled the Tigers to win, 8-6. "I wouldnt have dove if I wasnt 100 per cent. Im still trying to figure out how I missed it," Kieremaier said. "Once a runners on third with no outs, the odds are in their favour. I put that loss on my shoulders because we need a win, and for me to not come up with that ball is really tough." It was the only hit in the inning for the Tigers, who drew three walks off Grant Balfour and another walk and wild pitch from Jeff Beliveau. While acknowledging Kiermaiers misplay put him in a tough spot, Balfour (1-5) took some of the blame himself. "My approach should have been just be more aggressive and concede one run," he said. "We came back and scored a run anyway so we would have tied it up. But I was trying to do too much not wanting to give up that run after that play." Torii Hunter walked and Miguel Cabrera was intentionally walked before Victor Martinez got his free pass with the bases loaded. Hunter scored on Beliveaus wild pitch and Bryan Holaday added a sacrifice fly that gave Detroit an 8-5 lead. Jim Johnson (5-2) worked out of a two-on, two-out jam in the 10th. Joe Nathan gave up Evan Longorias RBI single in the 11th before getting his 26th save. Maddon found no fault with Kiermaiers attempt. "You dont want to dive and have it land in front of you, but he dove and could have caught it," the Rays manager said. "Thats what makes a difference." James Loney homered for the Rays, who had a club-record stretch of 13 consecutive games holding opponents to four runs or less end. The Rays have lost three straight for the first time since June 8-10. Detroit starter Max Scherzer came up short in his bid to become the ALs first 15th winner when Joba Chamberlain gave up an eighth-inning sacrifice fly to Vince Belnome that tied it at 5. Scherzer allowed four runs and four hits over seven innings. After falling behind 4-0, the right-hander held Tampa Bay scoreless on one hit over his final five innings. The Tigers pulled within 4-3 in the fifth, thanks in part to a video review. Cabrera was given an RBI single after a challenge by Detroit manager Brad Ausmus. The call that centre fielder Desmond Jennings had made a sliding catch on Cabreras two-out liner was overturned. Another review overturned a home run that would have put the Rays up 5-0 in the fourth. "We got burned on replay twice but they were the right calls," Maddon said. "Had replay not been part of the game, we would have won that game tonight." It was the Rays fourth extra-inning loss this month. TRAINERS ROOM Tigers: RHP Justin Verlander (sore right shoulder) could throw off a mound in a couple day and might start Saturday. OF Andy Dirks (back surgery) injured a hamstring at Triple-A Toledo and could miss the rest of the season. Rays: OF Wil Myers (broken right wrist) is expected back this week. C Ryan Hanigan (oblique) and OF David DeJesus (broken left hand) are both nearing rehab assignments. UP NEXT Tigers RHP Rick Porcello (13-7) and Rays RHP Jake Odorizzi (9-9) are Wednesday nights scheduled starters. FINALLY THE FIRST Rays rookie Belnome was deprived of his first major league RBI when a replay challenge turned his fourth-inning home run into a foul ball, but he finally got his RBI with a sacrifice fly in the eighth. Wholesale NFL Jerseys USA . Kerber will next play Estonias Kaia Kanepi, who beat American qualifier Victoria Duval 6-1, 6-3. In other first-round matches, Lucie Safarova beat 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 6-4 and American Bethanie Mattek-Sands had a 6-4, 6-3 win over Canadas Eugenie Bouchard. China NFL Jerseys . There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. https://www.cheapnfljerseysjustwholesale.com/. Napoli hit two home runs, Jonny Gomes and prized rookie Xander Bogaerts also connected, and the Red Sox kept up their dizzying scoring spree at Yankee Stadium by bashing New York 13-9 Saturday for a fifth straight win. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Knapp defeated American Alison Riske 6-3, 7-5 to secure Italys victory in the best-of-five series. She held a 5-2 lead in the second set, only to let Riske tie it at five. Cheap MLB Jerseys .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch.NORTON, Mass. -- The final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship had something for everyone on Labor Day -- mostly a trophy, finally, for Henrik Stenson. He was runner-up to Phil Mickelson at a major and Tiger Woods at a World Golf Championship, and he tied for third at the PGA Championship to keep climbing in the world ranking. Stenson was doing just about everything right this summer except winning, usually because someone simply played better. Not this time. Stenson surged past a fast-fading Sergio Garcia with three straight birdies, seized control with a 5-iron into 15 feet for another birdie right before the rain delay, and then put away Steve Stricker by holing out from the bunker for birdie late in the final round at the TPC Boston. He wound up with a 5-under 66 and a two-shot win, and suddenly his summer is looking better than ever. "Pretty perfect timing, I guess," Stenson said. "Theres never a bad time to win a golf tournament, I know that much." The 37-year-old Swede moved to the top of the FedEx Cup standings after two playoff events, assuring him his first trip to the Tour Championship and a clear shot at the $10 million prize. "Im just pleased I won here," said Stenson, who tied the tournament record at 22-under 262. "This was a big goal of mine to win a golf tournament after all those nice finishes. My family is here. Im going to see my kids in a little bit. Its all good." Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., started slowly and finished with two birdies for a 69 to finish alone in third and lock up a spot on his first Presidents Cup team for the International squad. Stensons win was only part of the high drama Monday, so much that Woods became an afterthought. He closed with a 73 and tied for 65th. The best image of him all day was walking back out to the course after a rain delay with he and his 6-year-old daughter dressed in matching red. Brendan Steele thought his season was over when the final round was halted for two hours because of rain. Steele made a birdie putt on the 15th when play resumed, hit a 9-iron to 2 feet for birdie on the 16th and closed with two more birdies to sneak into the top 70 in the FedEx Cup and advance to the third playoff event in two weeks at Conway Farms north of Chicago. "I did everything that I can do, especially on a day that wasnt going my way for a long time," Steele said. Steele appeared to bump Ernie Els out of the top 70 when he tied him at 12-under 272. He started the tournament three points ahead of the South African. "It feels like I just missed the cut," Els said when he finished. But the Big Easy was given a big reprieve. K.J. Choi made a bogey on the par-5 18th. Charley Hoffman made bogey on the 17th. Kevin Chappell missed an 8-foot birdie putt on the last hole. That combination was enough for Els to grab the 70th spot by a fraction of a point. Strickers third runner-up finish this year allowed him to move into the top 10 and qualify for the Presidents Cup team, despite playing a part-time schedule. That put the 10th spot up for grabs between Webb Simpson and Zach Johnson, who were playing together on the other side of the course.dddddddddddd. They were tied at 8 under -- big advantage to Simpson -- until the former U.S. Open champion dropped two shots on the last four holes. Johnson faced a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole that determined whether he made the team, and he poured it in the middle. Johnson last week gave up a chance to earn points by skipping The Barclays to be in his brothers wedding. Lost in all this commotion was Jordan Spieth, the 20-year-old Texan dressed in a shirt with the Dallas Cowboys silver-and-blue colours. He went birdie-birdie-birdie-eagle at the end of his round for a 62 right before the rain delay. With such soft conditions, his 17-under 267 was never going to hold up. Spieth wound up tied for fourth, and is No. 10 in the FedEx Cup standings. He is assured of becoming the first player since Woods in 1996 to start a season with no status and reach the Tour Championship. Woods, however, did it in seven tournaments. U.S. captain Fred Couples announces his two wild-card picks for the Presidents Cup on Wednesday, and Spieth is sure to get plenty of attention. Stricker was two shots behind and had a long eagle putt on the 18th. Behind him, Stenson hit his approach into the bunker on the 17th. Right when the tournament was in doubt, Stenson holed the bunker shot to effectively wrap up the win. Stricker could hear the roar. "I just kind of rolled my eyes," he said. "But I told my caddie that hes been knocking at the door for a couple of months. And hes been playing some great golf. ... Good for him. Great shot. Like I say, hes been knocking at the door for quite some time and finally got his win." Garcia had a two-shot lead at the start of the final round and gave it away quickly, starting with a three-putt for bogey on the par-5 second hole. He missed several short putts and went out in 39, falling too far back to catch up. He closed with a 73 and tied for fourth, five shots behind. Stenson, who hit his second shot into the hazard on the second hole to make bogey, atoned for that mistake with a tough pitch for birdie on the fourth, a 7-iron to 3 feet on the fifth and a 6-iron to 15 feet for birdie on the sixth. After that, he kept his mistakes to a minimum. "Im really pleased with how I bounced back," Stenson said. He was talking about his early bogey, but he could have been talking about his career. The big Swede already made one great comeback a decade ago to reach No. 5 in the world. He was outside the top 200 and his game in disarray at the start of the 2012 season. But he pulled himself out of another slump, and this win took him to No. 6 in the world ranking. "Ive done enough good results to know I can play this game at a very high level," Stenson said. "And not to be able to be anywhere near that standard is frustrating." Canadas David Hearn finished in a six-way tie for 35th, finishing 9-under after a final round of 71. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen