she was destitute and UFC President

in News 29.11.2019 06:31
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Torontos DeMar DeRozan will be joining an elite group of basketball players in New Orleans two weeks from now after being named a reserve for the NBA All-Star game on Wednesday. Fake Jordan 4 . DeRozan, who missed the Raptors last two games with a sprained ankle, leads the team in scoring with 21.8 points per game. This will be his third appearance at the NBA All-Star weekend -- he participated in the Slam Dunk competition in 2010 and 2011, and also suited up for the 2011 Rookie Challenge -- but this years event will mark his first time in the actual game. The Portland Trail Blazers and Houston Rockets each had two players picked as reserves, while the Indiana Pacers had to settle for just Roy Hibbert despite the leagues best record. LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard made it from the Trail Blazers, who have been among the Western Conference leaders all season. Dwight Howard, who was passed late in fan voting for a starting spot, was chosen Thursday along with Houston teammate James Harden. Old reliables Chris Paul, Tony Parker and Dirk Nowitzki round out the West reserves for the Feb. 16 game in New Orleans. Nowitzki earned his 12th selection, tying him for sixth all-time with nine players. "I have been a part of All-Star weekend every year since I have been in the league and not being there last year felt strange," Nowitzki said in a statement. "The Dallas fan base has always been great to me and the Mavericks organization and the city deserves to be represented at the All-Star game." The rest of the East reserves are: Miamis Chris Bosh, Washingtons John Wall, Brooklyns Joe Johnson, Chicagos Joakim Noah and Atlantas Paul Millsap. Wall is the first Wizards All-Star since Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison were picked in 2008, the last time the game was in New Orleans. "I am very proud to represent the Wizards franchise and the city of Washington as an All-Star and to share this honour with the fans who have supported me and stuck by me since I arrived here," said Wall, the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft. The Pacers hoped Lance Stephenson, who leads the NBA in triple-doubles, would also be selected to join Hibbert and Paul George, who was voted to start. The reserves were chosen by the coaches from each conference, who had to vote for two guards, three frontcourt players and two regardless of position. They were not allowed to vote for their own players. The West ones went for veterans with their choices at guard in Paul, last years All-Star game MVP from the Los Angeles Clippers, and the Spurs Parker. That left first-time hopefuls Goran Dragic of Phoenix and Mike Conley Jr. of Memphis home. The starters were announced last week: Miamis LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, New Yorks Carmelo Anthony and Clevelands Kyrie Irving were voted to start along with George. The fans voted for NBA scoring leader Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City, the Lakers Kobe Bryant, Golden States Stephen Curry, Minnesotas Kevin Love and the Clippers Blake Griffin. Bryant is injured and not expected to play. Adam Silver, who will become commissioner Saturday, will choose replacements for Bryant and any other injured players. Indianas Frank Vogel and Oklahoma Citys Scott Brooks will coach the game. Brooks would determine who replaces Bryant in the starting lineup. Bosh is an All-Star for the ninth time in 11 seasons, while Lillard, Wall, DeRozan and Millsap were all chosen for their first All-Star game. Millsap was the Eastern Conference player of the week last week. "Paul has been an All-Star player and an All-Star teammate for us," general manager Danny Ferry said. "The Atlanta Hawks are very proud to have Paul representing the city of Atlanta and our team." Hometown hopeful Anthony Davis of the Pelicans, and centres DeAndre Jordan of the Clippers and DeMarcus Cousins of Sacramento were among those who missed out. Orlandos Arron Afflalo and Torontos Kyle Lowry didnt make the cut in the East. Cheap Air Max Plus . - UFC 178, previously announced for Sept. Fake Jordan Outlet . According to Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette, preliminary talks have begun between Markov - an unrestricted free agent this summer - and general manager Marc Bergevin. http://www.fakejordancheap.com/wholesale-air-max-95-china.html . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951.Ronda Rousey may be free to seek new management after the California State Athletic Commission ruled to release her from the fighter portion of an agreement with former manager Darin Harvey and Fight Tribe Management, but this bout is far from over. The ruling stated that the UFC womens bantamweight champion and Harvey never filled out the proper commission-approved forms, or appeared in front of the commission together, to certify their business relationship in regards to mixed martial arts, therefore making the whole agreement invalid and unenforcable. That didnt stop Harvey from sounding off on his impact on one of the UFCs biggest stars. "When I first met Ronda Rousey four years ago, she was destitute and UFC President Dana White was quoted as saying a woman would never fight in the UFC," Harvey said in a statement. "I set out to make Ronda a star and prove Dana wrong. The results speak for themselves. Ronda is now a highly sought-after model, spokesperson and actress, not to mention the first and still reigning female UFC champion. She deserves all the credit in the world for her accomplishments, but she never would have achieved such unprecedented success without the unwavering financial investment, career guidance and professional support Fight Tribe Management and I provided her." Rousey (9-0) has develop into a household UFC name and is starring in "The Expendables 3", "Fast and the Furious 7" and the "Entourage" movie, all coming out within the next two years. But on the other hand, there is evidence to support that Harvey provided substantial services, including a hefty financial commitment to her career. MMAjunkie.com posted further details on its site. "Harvey submitted an exhibit showing that from January 2010 to January 2014, he received $25,608 from Rouseys fight earnings, $23,180 from pay-per-view proceeds, and $20,830 from sponnsorships. Fake Jordan 11. In turn, he spent $170,376 on the fighters training camps, living expenses and sparring partners, resulting in a loss of $85,818." Its a big investment that as of now, will not be financially recognized or rewarded. The contract, which was finalized in 2013, would have given Harvey and Fight Tribe Management a cut of Rouseys fight earnings, pay-per view earnings and other income from her entertainment endeavours outside of the octagon including modelling and acting. The CSAC has only ruled on the fighting portion of the contract and deffered ruling on the commercial issues to the California Superior Court. The battle wages on and its no surprise Harvey is left with a bitter taste in his mouth. “I am not a litigious person, but I never thought for a moment that once she made it to the top, Ronda would turn her back on us and refuse to honor her legal and moral obligations. After months of radio silence and without even giving me the courtesy of an explanation I was forced to go to court to compel Ronda to private arbitration per the terms of our agreement," he said. "Before that could be sorted out, Rondas legal team ran to the State Athletic Commission, demanded an expedited hearing and tried to get our entire agreement thrown out on a technicality. During our four-hour hearing last week, I finally heard Rondas side of the story. Frankly, its pathetic and Im not surprised the Commission chose not to include any of that in their written decision. The Commission did properly reject Rondas attempt to invalidate the entirety of our agreement, and I am very pleased with that aspect of their decision." "Our case against Ronda will now proceed. I am confident that when all the facts are presented to an impartial private arbitrator, Fight Tribe Managements contributions to Rondas career will be fully recognized and fairly rewarded.” ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen