who had handed the Pacers their worst loss

in News 27.11.2019 03:59
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

Rachel Homans champion curling rink will have a different look next season. Scarpe Lebron James 2019 . Longtime second Alison Kreviazuk is leaving the Homan team next month after deciding to move to Sweden to be with her boyfriend. Joanne Courtney of Val Sweetings rink will join Homan, lead Lisa Weagle and third Emma Miskew next season. Kreviazuk will close out her 13-year run with Homan at the April 15-20 season-ending Grand Slam Players Championships in Summerside, P.E.I. "Its been something that Ive been considering for a while," Kreviazuk said Tuesday in an interview from Ottawa. "But I gave my team the heads up a couple months ago and just gave them the idea that this was something I was thinking of, so they may want to consider their options. "Theyve made an extremely great choice with Joanne. I think shes going to be a perfect fit for the team." The announcement was made two days after the Homan rink won silver at the world championship in Saint John, N.B. The Canadian side dropped a 9-5 decision to Switzerlands Binia Feltscher in the gold-medal game at Harbour Station. "It definitely didnt affect our performance," Homan said. "If anything, we wanted it that much more." The Ottawa-based team won the Scotties Tournament of Hearts for the first time last year and went on to win bronze at the 2013 world championship in Riga, Latvia. Kreviazuk has spent the last decade curling with Homan and Miskew while Weagle joined the team four years ago. "Ali is an amazing curler and such a wonderful person, shes difficult to replace," Weagle said. "But I think in Joanne weve found someone who is a phenomenal curler and in my opinion, the best womens sweeper in the world. I think that she will be a good fit for our team. "It will be different but were excited about what the next four years have in store for Team Homan." Kreviazuks peers voted her the winner of the Frances Brodie Award for sportsmanship at last weeks world championship. The 25-year-old also won silver at the 2010 world junior championship as the teams alternate. "I think our progress is what was so tremendous," Kreviazuk said. "Every year we kept improving. Each year there (were) new opportunities. It was such a pleasure to play with (them). "Every year there was something to celebrate." Kreviazuk, who worked at a car dealership for two years before becoming a full-time curler this season, has yet to make a decision about her curling future. Her boyfriend, Fredrik Lindberg, plays second for Swedish skip Niklas Edin. Sweden won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games last month and took the world title last year in Victoria. "Obviously were sad that shes leaving but Im really happy that shes made a decision that makes her happy," Homan said. Courtneys rink finished second to Homan at the national championships last month in Montreal. The 25-year-old from Edmonton plans to live in Ottawa during the curling season. "We feel Joanne is a great fit with our team and someone who shares our team goals and passion for the game," Homan said. "It will be a big change but we are excited that she has decided to join us for the next Olympic cycle." Sweetings team reacted to the news on Twitter. "Surprised and unfortunate to see her go but we wish Joanne the best of luck with (at)TeamHoman .curling," the team said in a tweet. Courtney has also represented Alberta at two Canadian Interuniversity Sport national championships. "I was honoured to be asked to join Team Homan," she said in a statement. "I have played against them on numerous occasions so I know what kind of talent they bring to the table. I know I have big shoes to fill in replacing Alison and I cant wait to get on the ice with them to start preparing for next season. "I had a wonderful run with Val, Dana Ferguson and Rachelle Pidherny and I cant thank them enough for our seasons together." Courtney spent the last three seasons with the Sweeting rink, which is ranked 10th on the World Curling Tours order of merit. The skip was surprised when Courtney broke the news to her over the phone Monday night. "I didnt see it coming, especially based on conversations that had taken place within the team after the Scotties," Sweeting said from Vegreville, Alta. "I dont know when the offer came to her but it is what it is. When opportunities like that come around in curling, you have to take them. We understand, it happens. "Its unfortunate for us in this particular moment but all we can do is look forward and keep building." Sweeting added her team will take some time before deciding on a replacement. Air Max 97 In Saldo . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. Air Max Plus Ingrosso . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/ . Durant had 33 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, hit the tying 3-pointer late in regulation and made the go-ahead foul shots in overtime to lift the Thunder past the Wizards 106-105. John Wall missed a driving layup attempt at the buzzer for Washington, which was seeking its third straight win.PHOENIX -- Phoenix was flying high after a blowout win over Indiana. Then the Washington Wizards came to town and brought down the Suns with a thud. Trevor Ariza scored 23 points, Bradley Beal sank a pair of crucial shots down the stretch and the Wizards opened a four-game road trip Friday night with a 101-95 victory. Beals 3-pointer with 2:03 left gave the Wizards the lead for good at 96-93. His 15-footer made it 99-95 with 26.9 seconds to go, then he finished with a game-ending dunk. "I knew that eventually the ball was going to come my way and I just stayed ready," Beal said. "I wasnt making too many shots throughout the game, but I just stayed with it and stayed confident." John Wall had 18 points and 12 assists for the Wizards. Nene scored 18, Beal 17 and ex-Sun Marcin Gortat 14 for Washington. Goran Dragic had 19 points and 11 assists for the Suns, who had handed the Pacers their worst loss of the season, a 24-point blowout on Wednesday night. Channing Frye scored 16, Miles Plumlee 14 and Markieff Morris 13 for Phoenix. "We cant play that way," Frye said. "Too many turnovers and terrible defence." After making 11 of 16 3-pointers against Indiana, the Suns were 7 of 22 against Washington, just 1 of 12 in the second half. Washington, which pulled back to .500 with the win, outrebounded Phoenix 44-30, including 19-9 on the offensive boards. After nine turnovers against Indiana, Phoenix had 21 on Friday. "There was a bunch of things," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. "We had 21 turnovers. Its been probably six or seven games since we have a big turnover night. Then the offensive rebounds -- they got 19 of them. So all that stuff adds up." The Suns rallied from an eight-point deficit late to tie it at 93 on Plumlees hook shot with 2:43 to go. But P.J. Tucker missed two free throws that would have given Phoenix the lead, then Beal made the go-ahead 3. Nene made one of two free throws with 1:38 to go to boost the lead to 97-93, and Plumlees dunk on a pass from Dragic cut it to 97-95 with 41.9 seconds left. Beals 15-foooter with 26. Air Max 270 Economiche. 9 seconds remaining put Washington ahead 99-95, then after a pair of missed 3s by the Suns, his dunk ended it. Frye said the Suns are mistaken to think that the win over Indiana was a big deal. "If your season was betting on beating the Pacers one time at home," he said, "then, hey, I think we need to sit you back down and let you know youve got 81 more." Ariza switched onto Frye and shut him down after a 12-point first quarter. "It was just defensive intensity," he said. "When we press up defensively and get stops, it ignites our offence. Its what gets me going. When we play good defence, were a good team." Phoenix led 57-51 at halftime and was up 59-51 after Frye opened the third quarter with a basket. Washington then took off on a 17-4 run. Hornacek drew a technical during the outburst for complaining about an offensive foul call on Dragic. Nenes driving layup capped the spurt and put the Wizards up 68-63 with 7:06 left in the third quarter. Nenes dunk put the Wizards ahead 89-81 with 8:17 to go, then Dragic led the Suns back. He sank a 16-footer, Gerald Green got a layup after Nenes turnover, then Dragic scored on a driving layup to cut Washingtons lead to 89-87 with 6:13 to go. But Dragic missed a layup in traffic that would have tied it, Nene rambled down the lane for a dunk and Washington led 91-87 just 5:28 from the finish. Phoenix managed to get even one more time, but then Beal finished it off. "It didnt all go our way," Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "We had a couple of breakdowns there and they tied it up but we came down and made some plays." There were 19 lead changes in the game and neither team led by double figures. NOTES: Wizards F Martell Webster sat out with the flu. ... Hornacek said rookie G Archie Goodwin would play two games for Phoenixs D-League team in Bakersfield, then rejoin the Suns on Sunday in Cleveland. ... The Wizards opened a stretch of four road games in five nights. ... The Suns finished their homestand 3-2 and begin a four-game, five-night trip Sunday in Cleveland. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen