Tuesdays game against

in Hilfe ! 23.11.2019 03:15
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

MANCHESTER, England -- Ryan Giggs is starting his stint as interim Manchester United manager by urging his players to entertain the fans who have endured a miserable season. The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. Speaking publicly for the first time since his temporary appointment, Giggs provided an insight into what he has told the squad about Saturdays match against Norwich at Old Trafford. "I trust you and I know what youre capable of, and go out there and show it on Saturday, and give the fans something to shout about," Giggs said on Friday. "Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo." Giggs is expected to manage the team for only the remaining four matches of the season before a more experienced successor to Moyes is appointed. "It has been a difficult week for the club and its been a bit of a whirlwind week for me but one Ive enjoyed," Giggs said. "It has been different, chaotic, and Ive been getting a little taste as its my fourth day in the job." Giggs came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and was part of the famed "Class of 92" youth team that helped contribute to so much of the clubs success under Alex Ferguson, who retired last year after more than 26 years in charge. "Ive had to take a bit of stick (from the players)," Giggs said. "Things like, Where are you going to park? What do we call you? "The players have been great and the reaction in training has been sharp. Ive just tried to make things relaxed and for everyone to enjoy themselves ... lets have a good end to what has been a frustrating and disappointing season." The clubs most decorated player, who has made 962 appearances, is still in the squad and could pick himself to play against Norwich. "Ive just given myself a five-year contract," Giggs joked. "I havent done much this week but am still involved as a player as well." Giggs is being assisted by former teammates Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes as he tries to stabilize a team in turmoil. "Its the proudest moment of my life," Giggs said. "Ive supported Manchester United all my life. Its been the biggest part of my life since I was 14, when I signed schoolboy forms. Im proud, happy, a little bit nervous but just like I am as a player, I cant wait for the game on Saturday." Moyes can now prepare for the future after finally agreeing on his severance package with United on Friday. "Terms of settlement have been agreed between the club and David Moyes in respect of the termination of his employment," the League Managers Association said in a statement. "A settlement agreement is in the process of being finalized." Elvis Luciano Blue Jays Jersey . -- Former NHL star Jeremy Roenick shot a second-round 69 to take the lead after 36 holes and former LPGA great Annika Sorenstam and Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, are among several players in contention in the American Century Championship tournament on Saturday. Jerry Garvin Blue Jays Jersey . Howard had 17 points and a career-high-tying 26 rebounds in his Houston debut, James Harden added 21 points and the Rockets cruised to a 96-83 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/3566h-cito...e-jays.html.com) - Maria Sharapova rallied for a three- set win over Ana Ivanovic on Saturday to capture the season-opening Brisbane International tennis tournament. George Bell Blue Jays Jersey . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout. Paul Quantrill Jersey . Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto.Bowling Green, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Terry Rozier had 32 points and three steals in the fourth-ranked Louisville Cardinals 76-67 victory over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers on Saturday. The game almost got ugly with 38.7 seconds left before the half. After a post- rebound scrum, Louisville forward Montrezl Harrell tried to throw a punch at Western Kentucky guard Avery Patterson. Shortly after, head coaches Rick Pitino and Ray Harper were both given technicals for jawing with each other. Harrell, who had 14 points and six rebounds, was ejected from the game. He will be suspended for Tuesdays game against Cal State-Northridge. It was a heated basketball game, said Louisville assistant coach Kenny Johnson. I saw Montrezl get tripped and fall to the ground. I think he was trying to get up. He felt kind of trapped, he was trying to stand up. As he extended his arms to get his balance, I guess whatever happened. Chris Jones added 10 points for the Cardinals (10-0), who survived their first true road test of the season. T.J. Price ended with 24 points and seven rebounds for the Hilltoppers (5-5), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.dddddddddddd DJ Clayton tallied 14 points. I thought we competed, said Harper. Physically, we competed hard. We didnt always play as smart as I would like. You cant fault the effort. We gave ourselves a chance right there with about four minutes to go, down five, with the basketball. Give them credit, they stepped up. Western Kentucky would not go away in the second half and got within 58-54 with 5:24 left. But the Cardinals responded with a 9-1 run that Anton Gill capped with two free throws for a 67-55 lead. Rozier went 5-of-6 from the line in the final 48 seconds to secure the victory. Earlier, the Hilltoppers closed out the first half on a 9-1 run to get within 29-24. They got as close as two in the early stages of the second half. Game Notes The all-time series is tied, 39-39. The Cardinals have won six straight against Western Kentucky ... The Hilltoppers have dropped nine straight games against ranked opponents. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen