Oklahoma City told us we were not.

in Bilder und Videos 18.11.2019 04:49
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Jerome Samson said the IceCaps only played 20 good minutes of hockey. He needed just two of those minutes to win the game. Samson tied the game with a goal then won it with another in overtime as the St. Johns IceCaps beat the Worcester Sharks 3-2 in American Hockey League action Wednesday. "We had a slow start and a slow second period too," Samson said. "But, I think we came around. We got the win and its not always going to be pretty. "Some nights you dont deserve the two points and you get them. Tonight we played only 20 minutes and (managed) to get the two points." Samson tied the game at two with 1:45 left in regulation on a short-handed goal. With Andrew Gordon serving an interference penalty, Samson streaked down the wing, had his first shot saved and then scored on the ensuing wraparound. "I went around the defenceman, and my first thought was to shoot the puck as soon as I was out in a shooting lane," Samson said. "The goalie played it well, he stepped out on me and was kind of reaching for the puck so I didnt want to give it away. I ended up wrapping around and just banked it in." Then just 26 seconds into overtime Samson gathered the puck in front of Sharks goaltender Troy Grosenick and buried a low wrist shot to win the game for the IceCaps. IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge was happy with the result, but couldnt say the same about his teams play. "We had a bit of a reward there with being able to pull that game out," he said. "I didnt like the way we played the first two periods. I felt like we were late everywhere and that happens when youre not skating enough." Andrew Gordon also scored for the IceCaps (6-7-1), while Eddie Pasquale stopped 23 shots. Rylan Schwartz and Daniil Tarasov replied for the Sharks (3-7-0), and Grosenick finished with 27 saves. The Sharks opened the scoring 2:03 into the first period after the IceCaps turned over the puck to Schwartz, who finished a short-handed breakaway chance. "Any time you have a short-handed goal against, the momentum really drops from your game," McCambridge said. "It was tough to get traction again after that short-handed goal. But, as the game wore on, especially the third, we played at the level we needed to." Tarasov doubled the lead for the Sharks at the 13:02 mark of the second, putting home a rebound at the side of the net on the power play. Gordon put St. Johns on the board with 14:37 left in the third on a tap-in from the edge of the crease, setting up Samsons pair of goals to complete St. Johns rally. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . - Connor Brown and Dane Fox both scored in regulation and in the shootout, as the Erie Otters extended their win streak to 10 games by defeating the London Knights 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap NBA Jerseys . James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. https://www.cheapnfljerseysjustwholesale.com/. Moments after his Brooklyn Nets teammates ran out onto the court to congratulate him following their 100-98 overtime win over the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, Johnson could only shake his head at scoring only 13 points on 6-of-19 shooting. China NFL Jerseys . The former Edmonton Oilers defenceman was with the St. Louis Blues in training camp on a professional tryout. Whitney, 30, had four goals and 13 points in 34 games with the Oilers last season. Cheap College Jerseys . Siddikur, who led on all four days and took a four-stroke lead going into the final day, bogeyed four out of six holes starting at the sixth and continued a forgettable last round in which he returned a three-over 75 to finish with a 14-under 274.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - When the Oklahoma City Thunder were down by 16 points and struggling to make any shot early in Game 6, they looked all but ready to fold up and head home for a series-deciding finale. Instead, Kevin Durant shouldered the Thunder and carried them into the fourth quarter, where they demonstrated the poise of a championship contender. Durant had 39 points and 16 rebounds, and Oklahoma City advanced to the Western Conference finals with a 104-98 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 6 on Thursday night. Russell Westbrook overcame a slow start to finish with 19 points and 12 assists as the Thunder reached the conference finals for the third time in four years, closing out Los Angeles with two straight wins. Two days after the Thunder erased a late 13-point deficit to win Game 5, the Thunder rallied from that early deficit and maintained their lead throughout the fourth quarter, shaking off any memories of their Game 4 collapse on the same Staples Center court. "Experience has helped us out a lot, just being with each other for so long," Durant said. "Weve got a long ways to go. We definitely can get better. This is definitely a series that pushed us to the brink. We were in a tough spot. We stayed together and persevered." The league MVP hit five 3-pointers and Reggie Jackson added 14 points for Oklahoma City, which will face the Spurs in a rematch of the Wests last two champions. The series begins Monday night in San Antonio. Chris Paul had 25 points and 11 assists, and Blake Griffin had 22 points, eight rebounds and eight assists before fouling out as the Clippers exhausting post-season ended in disappointment. Perhaps the cumulative pressure of two playoff series amid the distractions of owner Donald Sterlings lifetime ban finally cost the two-time Pacific Division champion Clippers, who couldnt keep up late. Or perhaps Durant is just that good. "We did a great job of sticking together," Westbrook said. "Kevin did a great job of setting his guys up, getting the ball in spots that were effective." J.J. Redick scored 16 points for the Clippers, who followed their epic collapse in Game 5 with a disappointing second half at home. Despite a raucous home crowd, Los Angeles wont make its first trip to the conference finals after the best regular season in franchise history. "Oklahoma City absolutely deserves it," said Paul, whose final-minute mistakes hurt the Clippers dearly in Game 5. "We have a really good team, a great team. Its crazy. You play all season llong, and the last few games, we really started to figure out who our team was and how to play.dddddddddddd And its crazy that its over." The Clippers led for almost every minute of the first three quarters, but Durant kept the Thunder close and eventually ignited a 30-10 run stretching across the final two quarters. Westbrook, who didnt have a field goal until late in the third quarter, contributed 10 points in the fourth as the Thunder comfortably maintained their lead. The fans frustration boiled over after an offensive foul call against Griffin with 3:11 to play. During the ensuing timeout, fans threw at least two drinks at referee Ed Malloy, causing a slight delay while the floor was cleaned. Griffin fouled out with 2:27 left, but the Clippers got within four points in the final minute before Westbrook and Durant hit free throws to close it out. The loss ended a tumultuous post-season for the Clippers, who managed to win a seven-game series with Golden State in the first round even while Sterling was banned from the NBA for life for racist comments exposed during that series. "Weve gone through a lot of stuff over the last three or four weeks," Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. "I dont think that was why we didnt win. I dont think we should use that as an excuse. Were a team in process. I believe we were good enough to win it this year. Oklahoma City told us we were not." Oklahoma City smoothly secured its spot in the conference finals after these teams traded spectacular collapses in the last two games. The Thunder blew a 16-point lead in the fourth quarter of Game 4 at Staples Center, but the Clippers responded by blowing a 13-point lead in the final four minutes in Oklahoma City. The Clippers showed little carry-over from their collapse early in Game 6, while the Thunder appeared a step slow and disorganized, falling behind by 16 points in the first half. Durant and Westbrook combined to miss their first nine shots, but Durant quickly got going. NOTES: Serge Ibaka scored six points before going to the locker room in the third quarter with an injured left calf. ... The NBA fined Rivers $25,000 on Thursday for his criticism of the officiating in Game 5. "I thought it was deserved," Rivers said. ... Matt Damon, Rihanna, Tony Romo, Oscar De La Hoya, UFC President Dana White, former Clippers guard Eric Gordon and Masters champion Bubba Watson attended the game. Jack Nicholson watched from a seat near the Clippers bench. The archetypal Lakers fan also has occasionally attended Clippers games over the years. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen