also has another game against Dallas and play

in Steckbrief 14.11.2019 07:40
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

Scotland U21 head coach Ricky Sbragia is hopeful three of his charges can quickly cement their places in the senior squad. Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney has become a regular at his club this season and the 18-year-old, capped at U19 level, has been included in Gordon Strachans squad for the home friendly against Denmark on March 29.Sbragia is preparing for the forthcoming European U21 Championship qualifying matches against France and Northern Ireland, but is happy to see Tierney, and Nottingham Forest midfielder Oliver Burke. earn their chance with Strachans side. We took Tierney to the Czech Republic with the U18s, he was involved in the two games, Sbragia said. Kieran Tierney is now established in the Celtic first-team He has, over the last three or four months, been thrown him into Celtics first team. He would have been with us, the 21s, but for me I would love him not to play at 21s. I would love him to keep continuing to play in the A squad.I think that is what its all about. We know the importance of results, I am not saying everything is always about development.But for Kieran, even Burkey - I watched him at Leeds three or four weeks ago and he did extremely well when he came on a substitute - what an opportunity to go and play at the top level of international football.Scotland U21 captain John McGinn has also been drafted into the full squad for the Denmark match, but despite the importance of the game in France on March 24 - Scotland sit fourth in Group 3 with five points from four games - Sbragia did not consider requesting the Hibernian midfielder to bolster qualification chances. Hibs John McGinn has been a stand out in the Championship this season Sbragia said: People were saying, would you want him for France? No, I wouldnt want him for France. I wouldnt deny him that opportunity, to be fully fit to report for the A squad.I think it is fantastic with John, how he has performed for Hibs over the season and what a fantastic opportunity it is. I am delighted for him, he is a lovely lad. He really deserves it. He has worked so hard to be there. Also See: Scotland latest Scotland fixtures Scotland stats Table Live on Sky Miles Mikolas Jersey . Orlando is to begin play in the MLS for the 2015 season. Kaka, who currently plays with AC Milan, is expected to be loaned out to his home club Sao Paulo for the upcoming season before joining Orlando for next season. Cardinals Jerseys China . -- Lara Gut of Switzerland regained the overall World Cup lead with Sundays super-G win in Lake Louise, Alta. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/314...dinals.html.com) - The Utah Jazz look to put an end to their five-game losing streak when the Denver Nuggets visit Salt Lake City Monday night. Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys . "If we could score a six in every game, obviously I would be pretty excited," Jones said. "Its a long week but a short week. Its a pretty short round robin from what were used to so you dont want to get behind the eight ball early. Ted Simmons Cardinals Jersey . -- The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will forever be tied together for making the same spectacular misjudgment on budding NBA sensation Jeremy Lin.VANCOUVER -- By ending a scoring drought and managing to win their first game in a month the Vancouver Whitecaps hope they have planted a seed that will bloom into a Major League Soccer playoff berth. The Whitecaps head into their game Saturday against FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium believing they have cleared a hurdle in their race to reach the playoffs for the second time in three years. You can catch all the action starting at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt on TSN2. "I continue to stick to my belief in the way the game should be played and they (the players) continue to stick to their belief within the system," said Whitecaps coach Carl Robinson. Vancouvers 2-0 win over the San Jose Earthquake Wednesday leapfrogged the Whitecaps past the Portland Timbers into the fifth and final playoff spot in the MLS Western Conference. The Caps have an 8-6-13 record for 37 points -- two more than Portland. Dallas sits fourth in the West with 42 points (12-9-6). After riding a 10-game unbeaten streak Dallas has lost its last two matches, both on the road. They were beaten 2-1 Sunday by Real Salt Lake. "Its been tough the last two weeks, road trips getting no points, but thats the league," head coach Oscar Pareja told the Dallas FC website. "The league is tough like that and Im proud of this team. "Theyve done an excellent job so far and they control their own destiny. The boys have done so many good things this year and maybe these last two results cant bring us down. We need to keep pushing. We know where we are, we know where we want to be at and we will be fine." The Whitecaps are feeling good about ending a 450-minute scoring drought that saw the team go four games without a goal. Prior to the San Jose game Vancouver had just two wins in 11 matches. Robinson said the victory makes the flight to Dallas a little more relaxing. "It was very important for us," he said. "It gives us a little bit of confidence. It gives us a good standing going into a very difficult place. "We are chasing them, so it can drag us a little closer to them if we can get a win there." Goalkeeper David Ousted, who leads MLS with nine shutouts, said the victory was important but the team has to focus on the future. "It was nice to get the goals, and you saw how happy the guys were andd the fans, but its back to work now," said Ousted, who has played every MLS game for Vancouver this season.dddddddddddd "We need to go to Dallas and still have a strong performance, get goals and points." The Dallas match will be Vancouvers third game in eight days. The Whitecaps tied D.C. United 0-0 at home last Saturday. Veteran defender Any OBrien said winning helps fight fatigue. "When youre winning games you want games to come thick and fast," he said. "When things arent going so well youre anticipating the next game. "Its nice to go into the next game with a good result at home. You know weve been waiting for solid goals to come." The tight race in the West means the Whitecaps cant afford any slips. Only seven points separate seventh place Colorado from Vancouver. All three teams have seven games remaining. Portland plays in Colorado Saturday. Dallas hasnt been a friendly place for the Whitecaps. Since entering MLS in 2011 Vancouver is 0-0-4 in Dallas and has been outscored 8-1. The Whitecaps, who are 2-3-8 on the road this year, settled for a 2-2 draw with Dallas in Vancouver on July 27. Heading down the stretch the Whitecaps play in Portland Sept. 20 and end their season at home Oct. 25 against Colorado. Vancouver also has another game against Dallas and play league-leading Seattle on the road. The fifth-place finisher in each conference plays the fourth-place team in a winner-take-all match. The winner of that game then faces the conferences top seed in the semifinals. Robinson doesnt want to predict how many wins his team will need to clinch a playoff berth. "I just want to be above that red line," said the first-year coach. "Thats all we have to aim for. "If I knew a points total I would be able to tell you. It could be high, it could be low. It could be two wins, it could be five wins, it could be seven wins. Every week it seems to change, every result it seems to change." The Whitecaps need to focus on what they can control, Robinson said. "All Ive said all along is take care of your business. Thats all we can control. "We cant control what Colorado, what San Jose, what Portland does unless we are playing them. We have control of ourselves. Saturday is another one that is in our hands." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen