getting replaced one batter after Rizzos second

in News 13.11.2019 06:30
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Memphis Grizzlies are making a move in the Western Conference and are doing it on the road. Fake Balenciaga From China . Zach Randolph had 26 points and 12 rebounds and Memphis overcame another strong effort by Kevin Love to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 94-90 Friday night. Courtney Lee added 16 points for the Grizzlies, who have won five straight games and 10 of their last 11. Memphis has won six straight away from home, including a sweep of a three-game trip to Portland, Sacramento and Minnesota. "It feels good, we are still getting to where we want to get," Randolph said. One-half game behind Dallas for eighth place in the Western Conference, the Grizzlies are 13-7 on the road and 12-13 at home. "This is huge for us, especially for the goals we have as far as making that playoff push," Lee said. "It definitely builds momentum." The win could be costly because Memphis played the final 6:37 without starting guard Mike Conley, who sprained his right ankle when he landed on J.J. Bareas foot. Conley had 12 points on 4-of-14 shooting after scoring a combined 46 in his last two outings. He is to be re-evaluated Saturday. "I can put weight on it now," Conley said. "Tomorrow is looking iffy, but hopefully after some treatment tonight and the next day we will go from there." Memphis hosts Milwaukee Saturday. Playing on a sore left ankle throughout the second half, Love led Minnesota with 28 points and 16 rebounds. Kevin Martin had 14 points for the Timberwolves, who lost for just the second time in seven games. "We had our chances in the end and had some really, really great looks. We just didnt convert," Love said. Randolph did. He scored six points during a 9-2 Memphis run that turned a one-point deficit into a 91-85 lead with 59.6 seconds to play and later added two free throws. "Hes the man, hes the go-to player. Hes a proud man, hes an extremely competitive man," said Memphis coach David Joerger. "Think of all the banging those guys take night in and night out, year in and year out. When he got down there and got it done going 11 of 20 with some offensive rebounds, makes big free throws. Im really proud of him, really happy." With Minnesota trailing by one, Love scored on a fadeaway jumper and on a layup after a feed from Barea for an 83-80 lead midway through the fourth quarter. Love hurt his left ankle when he collided with Marc Gasol on a drive with 2 minutes to play in the first half and landed on the foot of another Memphis player, yet gutted it out until halftime. "When I was moving it felt fine and I continued to keep it moving," Love said. "But right now it doesnt feel so good. We just need to do all we can before tomorrow night and hopefully be ready to go." Minnesota is at Atlanta on Saturday. Loves gimping was gone to start the second half much to the dismay of Memphis. With the Timberwolves trailing 59-43 early in the third quarter, Love scored 14 points during an 18-4 run to get them within two. His jumper with 12.8 seconds left in the quarter gave Minnesota its first lead of the game at 67-66. Love outscored the Grizzlies 18-16 in the frame. Ricky Rubio helped lead the comeback in the third with six assists, but did not get off the bench in the fourth as coach Rick Adelman thought Barea "was the best option for us to win." Rubio finished with six points on 2-of-7 shooting. "Its coachs decision and I respect it. He always does what he thinks is best for the team. Of course I wish I could play, but I respect my teammates and my coaches and what he decides," Rubio said. Early on, Memphis took advantage of Minnesota playing its second straight game without bruising centre Nikola Pekovic, who is out indefinitely with bursitis in his right ankle. Memphis had 36 points in the paint in the first half, and finished with 56. Gasol and Lee each had nine points in the first quarter as the Grizzlies shot 63.6 per cent from the field, and had 22 points in the paint in building a 30-22 lead. A putback by Randolph and a two-handed dunk by Ed Davis off a Minnesota turnover increased Memphis lead to 42-28 midway through the second quarter. NOTES: Minnesotas 37 first-half points were a season low. ... Memphis F Mike Miller, who was questionable after spraining his right thumb Wednesday, finished with five points. ... Minnesotas Gorgui Dieng blocked Davis twice in a 58-second span early in second. ... Joerger grew up in Staples, Minn. Fake Balenciaga . Portland won Game 4 Sunday night at the Moda Center and are now up 3-1. The last time the Blazers won a playoff series came in the 2000 Western Conference semifinals against the Utah Jazz. Balenciaga Shoes Sale . Braves reliever David Carpenter was also fined for throwing at Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson in the same game, which featured several ejections, including Colorado manager Walt Weiss. https://www.fakebalenciaga.com/ . Louis Blues are reportedly taking restricted free agent forward Vladimir Sobotka to arbitration.CHICAGO -- The Washington Nationals offence came through for manager Davey Johnson on Wednesday night. Jayson Werth and Scott Hairston hit three-run homers to lead the Nationals to an 11-6 win over the Chicago Cubs. Washington had scored six runs over its past three games, but on Wednesday had its highest output since scoring 14 against the Mets on July 28. Werths three-run homer in the third inning off Jake Arrieta gave the Nationals a 6-1 lead and was his eighth since the All-Star break. Hairston, who was traded by the Cubs on July 8, was pinch-hitting for Tanner Roark and hit his off James Russell (1-4) with two outs in the seventh to give the Nationals a 9-6 lead after they had given up a 6-1 lead. That offence was a welcome sight for Johnson. "Eleven runs, I think its Christmas," Johnson said. The 11 runs helped Washington overcome Anthony Rizzos two homers and the Cubs five-run fifth when they had seven hits to tie the game at 6. Ross Ohlendorf was activated off the disabled list before Wednesdays game and allowed four runs and six hits and 4 1-3 innings. Ohlendorf had been on the DL since Aug. 1 with right shoulder inflammation and was making only his third start of the season and didnt get through the fifth, getting replaced one batter after Rizzos second homer cut the Washington lead to 6-3. "Glad to get back out there. I felt good," Ohlendorf said. "Wish I had pitched deeper into the game for us but our offence did an awesome job." Werth has been on a roll. He went 1 for 3 and has a .452 average in August, and has hit safely in 12 of his past 13 games. The Nationals broke the game open on Werths drive in the third, which came after Ryan Zimmerman singled and Bryce Harper walked. Werth hit a 3-0 pitch into the seats in left for his 18th homer of the season and a 6-1 lead. Arrieta had been solid in two starts for the Cubs since coming from Baltimore on July 2 as part of the trade for Scott Feldman, allowing one earned run in 13 innings, but struggled Wednesday. He went four innings and gave up six runs, including three in both the second and third innings. "I didnt do my job tonight," Arrieta said. "I had enough weapons to pitch deep into the game and get our team a win, and I wasnt able to do that tonight." The Cubs rallied in the fifth for five runs and seven hits, including six straight, to tie the game and chase Ohlendorf. Rizzo hit a toweringg drive into the right-field bleachers for his second homer of the night, cutting the Washington lead to 6-3. Fake Balenciaga For Sale. . Starlin Castro reached on a fielders choice before Rizzos homer, which gave him his fourth multi-homer game of his career and the second of August, after hitting two against the Dodgers on Aug. 1. Ohlendorf allowed Junior Lake to single and was replaced by Roark (3-0), who gave up run-scoring singles to Donnie Murphy and Cole Gillespie, before Welington Castillos sacrifice fly to centre tied the game. Roark was charged with two runs in the fifth, but pitched 1 2-3 innings for the win. "We out-hit them (14-11), but obviously two three-run homers, you aint gonna win too many games with two three-run homers in one game," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. The second three-run homer didnt come until the seventh, and it came from somebody familiar to Sveum and the Cubs. With two outs in the seventh, Hairston lined a 1-2 pitch into the seats for his three-run homer and ninth of the season. Russell had gotten the first two outs of the inning before Harper doubled and Werth was intentionally walked. Since coming to Washington, Hairston had struggled, hitting .200 with no home runs in 19 games. For at least one at-bat, those struggles ended against his former team. "It feels really good," Hairston said. "In that situation I wanted to capitalize. Theres runners on and early in that at-bat my weight was shifting forward and I just wanted to make sure I stayed back and give myself the best opportunity to get a hit." NOTES: Washington SS Ian Desmonds back tightened up during batting practice, but he stayed in the game until the fifth when he was replaced by Anthony Rendon as part of a double switch. "He wasnt his usual self," Johnson said. ... Johnson said "there have been discussions" about giving INF Danny Espinosa a September call-up. Espinosa was sent to Triple-A Syracuse on a rehab assignment June 12 and optioned there on June 19 and is hitting .202 in 64 games. He hit .158 in 44 games for Washington. . To make room for Ohlendorf, the Nationals optioned LHP Ian Krol to Triple-A Syracuse. ... At 24, Rizzo became the second-youngest Cubs left-handed hitter to hit 20 home runs. Billy Williams has the mark, set in 1961. ... Thursdays pitching matchup is Washingtons Stephen Strasburg (6-9, 2.93 ERA) against Chicagos Travis Wood (7-10, 3.13). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen