North Florida came back to score

in Steckbrief 05.11.2019 06:34
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- Gerald Green scored 21 points, and the Phoenix Suns won their third straight game, 94-88 over New Orleans on Wednesday night. Goran Dragic had 20 points and nine assists for the Suns, who are clinging to the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Eric Bledsoe added 16 points and P.J. Tucker 15 for the Suns, who handed the Pelicans their sixth straight loss. Rookie centre Jeff Withey had a career-high 17 points for the Pelicans, who were without Anthony Davis because of the All-Star forwards sore back. Anthony Morrow and Darius Miller each scored 14 for New Orleans, which turned a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit into a brief three-point lead before consecutive jumpers by Bledsoe and Markieff Morris with less than two minutes remaining gave Phoenix the lead for good. The game was close for most of the third quarter and New Orleans led 55-54 after Witheys three-point play on a layup as he was fouled. But Bledsoes pull-up jumper, driving layup and 3-pointer helped fuel a 13-2 run that put the Suns up 67-57. Greens second 3 of the game gave Phoenix a 71-64 lead to end the third quarter, and Greens third 3 made it 74-64 early in the fourth. The Pelicans put together a 10-0 run midway through the fourth quarter to surge into the lead. Morrow capped the spurt with a transition 3 and a technical free throw after Green argued with officials over a foul call. New Orleans still led by a basket and was looking for more in transition when Beldsoe hustled back on defence, sneaking in from behind to intercept Austin Rivers cross-court pass. Beldsoe then turned and dribbled back across halfcourt before lobbing a long pass to Dragic for a short baseline jumper that tied it at 87 with 2:38 to go. New Orleans had one more brief lead on Tyreke Evans free throw before the Suns surged in front for good. Phoenix scored the first eight points of the game and took its first double-digit lead in the opening period when Tuckers short turnaround jumper made it 19-8. New Orleans responded by scoring the first eight points of the second quarter -- four each by Withey and Rivers -- to pull to 23-22. Withey and Miller each ended up with 10 first-half points apiece for the Pelicans, and Miller briefly gave New Orleans the lead on a 14-foot step-back jumper that made it 42-40. Soon after, however, Green dunked and hit a 3, helping the Suns take a 47-46 lead into halftime. Notes: Luke Babbitt had a season-high 12 points for New Orleans. ... Phoenix won all four meetings with the Pelicans this season. ... The Suns have won eight of their past 10 against New Orleans. Cheap Air Max 90 China . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Pink Air Max 90 2018 . That Ginette Reno can sing. http://www.cheapairmax90freeshipping.com/.com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. Black Air Max 90 2018 . Next years tournament is also within sight for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which has never played in a World Cup, but Cristiano Ronaldo looks destined for the playoffs with Portugal after a night when the qualifying picture in the nine groups became much clearer. Air Max 90 2018 Discount . And thats about it. After the Salukis 73-65 loss at Murray State on Tuesday night, Hinson called his players "uncoachable," "a bunch of mamas boys" and compared the disciplining of his young team to housebreaking a puppy.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The first time that Ohio States LaQuinton Ross took a shot, North Florida coach Matthew Driscoll knew it was going to be a long night. Ross broke out of a frigid shooting spell by scoring 17 points Friday night and the seventh-ranked Buckeyes rode a 19-point first-half run to a 99-64 victory over the overmatched Ospreys. "He hit that first 3 from the corner and I started thinking to myself, Oh, Lord. Here we go," said Driscoll, who has known Ross since he was in middle school. Ross hit 6-of-9 shots from the field and 4-of-7 3-pointers after struggling all year to find his range. The 6-foot-8 junior with a silky touch had a terrific run in the NCAA tournament a year ago, coming off the bench to give the Buckeyes instant offence on the way to the regional championship game. This year he was expected to replace departed Big Ten scoring leader Deshaun Thomas, but came in shooting just 22 per cent from the field and averaging 6.2 points a game. Over the last the three games he was only 2 for 20 from the field including 1 for 8 behind the arc. But he came out cool and confident against the Ospreys. He hit all four shots from the field -- including both 3-pointers -- while picking up 10 points in the opening half as Ohio State built a 48-29 lead. Buckeyes coach Thad Matta couldnt have been happier to see the ice thaw on Ross jumper. "LaQuinton got into a little bit of a groove," he said. "He and I talked the other day. I just said, Look, we cant make shots for you. We cant think for you out there on the court. I told him we were going to put him in positions to be successful. He was probably humbled a little bit the way hes shot the ball the last few games. It was great to see the ball go in for him." From watching Ross on video, Driscoll said it appeared he was unsure of everything. "Sometimes when you watch him on tape, it looks like he might not be locked in, like he might not be sure what his role is, what shot he should taake," he said.dddddddddddd "Is it a good shot? Is it a bad shot? Am I (a guard)? Am I (a forward)? Should I go to the (NBA) early? Should I come back? To his credit, for some reason, he seemed to be locked in." Ross hot shooting carried over to the rest of the Buckeyes, too. They came in shooting 42 per cent on the season but shot 69 per cent against North Florida-- the sixth-best shooting percentage in program history. Amir Williams and Amedeo Della each hit career highs for the Buckeyes (6-0), with 18 and 17 points, respectively. Aaron Craft added 16 points, making his first 3-pointer of the season, while Lenzelle Smith Jr. had 10. "When guys see other guys make shots, it boosts everyones confidence," Smith said. "It makes everybody think, Why cant I be the guy to make the next shot? That stuff catches on fire and guys start swinging the ball and getting wide-open shots." Beau Beech and Dallas Moore each had 14 points and Charles McRoy 11 for North Florida (4-4), which fell to 0-16 against ranked teams and 0-6 against teams in the Top 10. The Buckeyes made their first eight shots from the field while overcoming a 6-5 deficit with a 19-0 run to take the lead for good. Craft had three layups, Williams and Smith Jr. each had five points and Ross hit a 3 in the spurt. North Florida came back to score 14 of the next 18 -- Beech hit two 3s and Davenport added one -- to cut the lead to 28-20. But the Buckeyes led 48-29 at the break and then scored 11 of the first 13 points in the second half with Ross scoring four early points. It was the 100th collegiate win for Craft and Smith Jr., who reached that figure in 119 games -- faster than any Ohio State player. "As I told the guys at shootaround, this game today was about getting those two guys their 100th win," Matta said. "If you stop and think about how quick they got there -- 119 games to get 100 wins -- its amazing. And Ive never been prouder of two guys." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen