signal-caller to play in the Pro Bowl since Greg Landry

in Steckbrief 05.11.2019 06:34
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

Its spring - and with the new season its time to break out the bleu, blanc et rouge and the black and gold. For the 34th time, the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins meet in postseason play as the age-old rivals face off tonight in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference second round series at TD Garden. You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. While Montreal has won 24 series between both clubs, the Bruins have won seven of the last 11, including the last two. "I knew that part of playing for the Montreal Canadiens is there were rivalries and a lot of history," said Montreal blueliner P.K. Subban this week. "At the end of the day, well probably talk about it for the next three or four days but once the puck drops, it doesnt matter what rivalry or history there is. "Its just a matter of winning. Then, after the game, well talk abut history and whatever." It wont be the first Bruins-Canadiens series for Montreal coach Michel Therrien. During his first stint with the Canadiens, he won a first-round series in six games over Boston in 2002 before losing in the next round to Carolina. "I was a lot younger at the time and had more hair," said Therrien. "But (Bruins coach) Claude (Julien) has a lot of experience too. "Its a challenge for both teams." The Canadiens had nine days off after their 4-0 series sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning, practice with nearly the same line combinations as they had in Round 1. Theres one change that could be in place for Game 1 with Travis Moen instead of Michel Bournival on the fourth line with Daniel Briere and Dale Weise. Bruins winger Brad Marchand was not on the ice for Thursdays morning skate. In his place was Daniel Paille, who missed the first round of the playoffs after suffering a head injury. Bruins coach Claude Julien wouldnt comment on Marchands status other than to say that he "took his option." Thursdays morning skate was optional. Carey Price starts in net for Montreal against Vezina Trophy nominee Tuukka Rask. The regular season wasnt much of a struggle for Rasks Bruins and neither was their first-round matchup against the Detroit Red Wings with a 4-1 series win. And a showdown with the Habs has had special meaning for Boston head coach Claude Julien, who was hired by the Bruins after being let go by the Canadiens (save for a shorter stint with the New Jersey Devils). Tonight will mark the fourth time the two teams have squared off in the playoffs since Julien took over behind the bench. "I hated Boston when I was in Montreal, and now I hate Montreal because Im in Boston," Juilen said after practice on Tuesday. "Its a good rivalry. I think it always has been a good rivalry. Its a lot of fun and I think the players get up for these games. As a coach, you dont have to do much of a pep talk when it comes to playing each other. Its more about controlled emotions. The rivalry is what it is, but that your game still remains a game thats under control. I think thats going to be the big challenge for everyone in this series." Air Max Free Shipping Online . Now, the hottest team on the ATP are pointing their sights on qualifying for the eight-team season finals in London next November. Pospisil has now established the year-end World Tour Finals as the benchmark for a breakthrough season, with Pospisil and Sock provisionally standing ninth. Discount Air Max . -- Stacy Lewis shot 7-under 65 to lead the LPGA Tour team to the championship of the 3Tour Challenge on Tuesday. http://www.cheapairmaxshoesfreeshipping.com/. The question all fans want to know heading into this light heavyweight affair is will Rua display his true potential. Working with UFC welterweight fighter Demian Maias team in Sao Paulo Brazil and having training partners such as fellow UFC stand outs Fabio Maldonado and Daniel Sarafian, the 32-year old feels very well prepared for Friday nights encounter. Wholesale Air Max Shoes . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. Cheap Air Max China . The Grizzlies erased most of a 25-point deficit before Durant, the leagues scoring champion, got hot.Allen Park, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Golden Tate have been added to the 2015 Pro Bowl. Stafford, who will replace Broncos QB Peyton Manning, is the first Lions signal-caller to play in the Pro Bowl since Greg Landry in 1972. Tate will replace Eagles wideout Jeremy Maclin due to personal reassons.dddddddddddd. This marks the first season that five Lions were named to the Pro Bowl since 2000. Wide receiver Calvin Johnson, safety Glover Quin and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh were also selected to the Pro Bowl, which will be played next Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, site of Super Bowl XLIX. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen