Thompson opened with a 70

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 04.11.2019 04:26
von Cl11234566 • 375 Beiträge

PERTH, Australia -- Poland defeated Canada 2-1 at the Hopman Cup on Sunday, leaving Milos Raonic and Eugenie Bouchard with a 1-1 group record at the eight-nation mixed team event. Grzegroz Panfil, a substitute for injured Wimbledon semifinalist Jerzy Janowicz, stunned the 11th-ranked Raonic 7-6 (1), 6-3 in the biggest upset of the day. Panfil holds the No. 288 position in the world rankings. In the womens match, fifth-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska outlasted Bouchard 6-3, 6-7 (7), 6-2. The 19-year-old Canadian is ranked 32nd in the world. Raonic and Bouchard later teamed up for a 6-3, 5-7, 10-3 mixed doubles win over Radwanska and Panfil. The Czech Republic swept defending champion Spain 3-0 in the other tie Sunday. The Canadians opened the tournament with a win over Australia and will close out the round robin Thursday with a match against Italy. Panfil, 25, lost his only career match at the ATP level back in 2006. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., came out firing but was overwhelmed by the inspired underdog in 81 minutes. "I was sloppy at the start and then he closed out the match incredibly (well)," Raonic said. The 23-year-old Canadian won the Lionel Conacher Award earlier in the week as The Canadian Press male athlete of the year. Raonic is also gearing up for the Australian Open, which begins in two weeks time. "The time to be playing my best tennis is after January 13," he said. "Of course I hate to lose, I want to win these kind of matches. But its not the end of the world. "This is also a training week for us and Im pleased to have three days now to work on things." Bouchard put in a solid effort against the more experienced Radwanska in a match that lasted two and a half hours. "I felt like I didnt play well in the first set, I lost a few games in a row," Bouchard said. "But I was happy to at least turn it around and make it a match. "I was a bit tired at end and she kept her level up all the way. It was encouraging that I was able to raise my game, but I need to keep that level more consistently." Bouchard saved three match points in the second-set tiebreaker before converting on her first set point to pull even. "I was trying to stay with her in the second set, but shes a tricky player and gets a lot of balls back," she said. "I missed a few of my finish shots. Its always disappointing to lose, I need to do some more work and get more consistency into my game. "But I did serve well and put pressure on her. I just hit a few too many mistakes." Bouchard won the Bobbie Rosenfeld Award earlier this week as The Canadian Press female athlete of the year. Cheap Jordan From China . -- Even as Chris Paul remained evasive about his future, he did what team leaders are expected to do. Wholesale Air Jordan .com) - The Calgary Flames were again involved in a game in which a team was held scoreless, only this time they came out on the winning side. https://www.jordanchina.us/.C. - The Panthers will be without starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei for Saturday nights NFC divisional playoff game against Seattle after undergoing surgery Wednesday to repair a broken bone in his foot. Fake Jordan . -- Scottie Wilbekin sat on the bench for the final minute, holding a bag of ice against his left knee. Air Jordan China .Kraft says Goodell realized before seeing a video showing Baltimore running back Ray Rice striking his then fiance that domestic violence was very serious for society in general.MOBILE, Ala. - Catriona Matthew took the first-round lead Thursday in the Airbus LPGA Classic, holing a bunker shot for an eagle and finishing with an 8-under 64. The 44-year-old Scot rebounded from a bogey on the par-4 12th — her third hole in the morning round — with the eagle on the par-5 13th and birdied seven of her final 11 holes. "That kind of kick-started my round," Matthew said about the eagle. She won the last of her four LPGA Tour titles in 2011. "Obviously, really pleased," Matthew said. "Just had two weeks at home, so never quite know what youre going to come out and play like. So, yeah, delighted. Got the putter going and holed some putts." Charley Hull had a bogey-free 65 in the afternoon. The 18-year-old English player birdied the final two holes on the Crossings Course at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trails Magnolia Grove complex. "I putted quite well, hit it quite solid, and hit, I think, every green," said Hull, playing on a sponsor exemption. "I still left a few shots out there. I missed a 3- or 4-footer, but hey, another day tomorrow and hopefully I can go low." Second-ranked Stacy Lewis, No. 4 Suzann Pettersen and South Koreas Eun-Hee Ji shot 66. Lewis, the 2012 winner, finished her first nine with birdies on Nos. 15-18. She hit a 7-iron to 15 feet on the par-4 15, got up-and-down from over the back of the green on the par-5 16th, hit a 6-iron to 15 feet on the par-3 17th and hit a 6-iron to 12 feet on the par-4 18th. "The scores are so low that if you dont go pretty low the first day, youre kind of behind the 8-ball," Lewis said. So, it was really nice to get off to a good start." The Texan won the North Texas LPGA Shootout three weeks ago for her ninth tour title. Last week in Virgiinia, she closed with a 74 to tie for 12th in the Kingsmill Championship.dddddddddddd "Coming off of last week where I didnt hit the ball well, I was happy with the way I drove it today," Lewis said. "I hit it solid and made some putts. Figured something little out in my putting and I think that might help the rest of the week." Pettersen, playing her fourth event since returning from a back injury, had a bogey-free round. "Im feeling pretty good, felt pretty calm," Pettersen said. "I feel like my game is right there, trying to be patiently aggressive. Playing smart on the hole locations that arent quite set up for being aggressive and then trying to take advantage. But the greens are fairly receptive, so it feels like you can kind of fire at the pin and not have to worry about too much spin, which makes this course a little bit easier." Ji, the 2009 U.S. Womens Open champion, birdied four of the five holes in a bogey-free round. "I felt good this morning when I was warming up," Ji said. "Feel good with my swing and with my putter. Was out there like, I can see the green. I can see the line. So I just made a lot of putts." Bahamas winner Jessica Korda was three strokes back at 67 along with 2010 champion Se Ri Pak, Nicole Castrale, Julieta Granada, Moira Dunn and Jenny Shin. Pak also won the Tournament of Champions on the course in 2001 and 2002. Anna Nordqvist, a two-time winner this year, had a 68, and Kraft Nabisco winner Lexi Thompson opened with a 70. Michelle Wie, the winner in Hawaii, and defending champion Jennifer Johnson shot 71. Top-ranked Inbee Park had a 74. Shes winless in eight tour starts this season after sweeping the first three majors last year and finishing the season with six victories. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen