take a good shot." Reggie Jackson added

in News 30.10.2019 06:37
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N. Fake Rockies Jerseys .J. - Rontez Miles season debut for the New York Jets never made it to game day.The backup safety had emergency surgery on his right leg Thursday night after he was injured in practice earlier in the day.The team announced Friday that Miles, promoted from the practice squad this week, injured his shin area when he was accidentally kicked by a teammate on the field. Rex Ryan said it appeared to be just a bruise at first, but team doctors determined it was more serious as the pain increase throughout the day.Our trainers were here and their biggest fear with any kind of bruise or something like that is that something like this could happen, Ryan said. Theyre very observant, and he had treatment after and it never got better.Neither Ryan nor the Jets could immediately confirm the exact nature of the injury, but the symptoms appeared similar to compartment syndrome, which usually results from bleeding or swelling after an injury and causes high pressure in the injured area and impedes blood flow. Emergency surgery is sometimes required to relieve the pressure and prevent permanent injury.I was shocked by it, too, Ryan said. Apparently the pressure, it just kept getting worse and worse and worse.Miles was expected to play Sunday against the New England Patriots after being promoted Tuesday when the Jets waived cornerback Josh Thomas. He was in the locker room Thursday after practice with his lower right leg wrapped, but it didnt appear to be a serious injury. It was considered so minor, in fact, that Miles didnt even appear on the teams injury report.But Ryan said he was updated by the team doctors, who told him that Miles needed immediate surgery, around 8 p.m. Thursday. A few hours later, Miles wrote on his Facebook page that he would miss the rest of the season because of the injury and that surgery went well.The 26-year-old Miles spent most of last season on the Jets practice squad after being signed as an undrafted free agent out of California (Pa.) He played in one game last season, and was re-signed to the practice squad two days after being cut following training camp in August.Ryan was not certain if Miles would indeed miss the season finale at Miami next Sunday.We were really excited to watch him play, Ryan said. Then this unfortunately happens.In other injuries, wide receiver Percy Harvin is probable after being limited at practice with a sprained ankle suffered at Minnesota two weeks ago. Ryan revealed earlier in the week that Harvin played through a third-degree sprain — meaning the ligament is completely torn — in the Jets win at Tennessee last Sunday.Special teams coach Thomas McGaughey said Harvins injury was so painful, he needed to be carried by a teammate — right tackle Breno Giacomini — up the stairs to the plane to Tennessee. He ended up with no catches, but had a 10-yard run and he returned a kickoff 33 yards.Its feeling a whole lot better, Harvin said. I was able to get a lot more treatment, so compared to last week around this time, its a night-and-day difference. I think Ill be able to be a little more effective than I was last week, especially coming out of my breaks.Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson is questionable with turf toe, an injury that has sidelined him the last three games. He has been fitted for a couple of custom-made shoes to try to help relieve the pain since the injury against the Buffalo Bills at Detroits Ford Field on Nov. 24.It still hurts, he said. I mean, its getting a little better each and every day, but its still bothering me on the field.Wide receiver-special teamer Saalim Hakim (quadriceps) and safety Jaiquawn Jarrett (shoulder) are both listed as questionable, but Ryan seemed optimistic about their chances of playing against the Patriots.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Custom Colorado Rockies Jerseys . The Thunder earned the Game 1 win with a 100-86 victory Saturday night. Oklahoma City dominated the first half and led by 22 at the break, but saw its lead shrink to just two points in the fourth quarter. Colorado Rockies Pro Shop . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. https://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.us/ . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Sacramento coach Michael Malone said Kevin Durant wouldnt score 54 points against his Kings like he did against Golden State two nights earlier. Turns out, the alternative wasnt any fun for Malone, either. Durant scored 30 points and embraced a role as a facilitator by finishing with nine assists to lead the Oklahoma City Thunder past Sacramento 108-93 on Sunday night. "I told you Durant wasnt going to get 54 tonight, right?" Malone said with a smile after the game. Durant, coming off that career-high scoring effort on Friday, still shot 10 for 15 from the field on Sunday and scored at least 30 points for the seventh straight game. Serge Ibaka added 20 points and benefited of several of Durants passes. "My teammates were setting screens for me," Durant said. "We were seeing something in pick-and-roll. Serge was doing a great job of slipping out of it and knocking down shots. I was trying to be aggressive and put pressure on the rim and the defence and if they draw in, I kick it out and if not, I try to lay the ball in, take a good shot." Reggie Jackson added 16 points for the Thunder, who won their third straight. Oklahoma City scored 34 points off Sacramentos 21 turnovers and had 20 second-chance points. Oklahoma City improved to 8-5 without All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook since he had surgery on his right knee last month. "They execute well and they do a great job of playing together, so all credit to them," Cousins said. "But at the same time, I think we did a terrible job defensively of guarding those guys tonight. We made it easy for them to run their sets. With that being said, thats why they had the type of game they did." Isaiah Thomas scored a career-high 38 points for the Kings, but he slowed down in the second half as the Thunder pulled away. "He got hot," Durant said. "He hit a lot of 3s. He got to the foul line a lot. He was coming down, pulling up. I think our pick-and-roll defence was a loot better in the second half, making him drive a little more, forcing him to our bigs. Rockies Jerseys 2020. " DeMarcus Cousins had 16 points and 14 rebounds for Sacramento. Rudy Gay scored just six points for the Kings and was ejected after picking up two technical fouls in the fourth quarter. The score was tied at 43 late in the second quarter before the Thunder went on a 12-4 run, highlighted by Durants lob to Ibaka for a two-handed jam. The Thunder held the Kings to 6-for-17 shooting in the second quarter to take a 57-52 lead at the break. Thomas scored 27 points in the first half on 7-for-11 shooting. Cousins made a layup early in the third quarter to tie the score at 60, but the Thunder responded with an 8-0 run, including four points by Jackson, to put Oklahoma City ahead and force the Kings to call a timeout. Durant found Jackson a little later for a 3-pointer to extend the lead to 75-64 and force the Kings to call another timeout. Durant hit a 3 from straight away to bump Oklahoma Citys lead to 87-70, and the Thunder led 89-74 at the end of the quarter. Gay was called for two technicals for arguing with an official and was ejected with 10:01 remaining. The Thunder led 95-74 after the free throws. "Rudy, obviously, I think he was frustrated with the way he was playing and he wound up getting thrown out of the game, which is unfortunate," Malone said. "But tomorrow is another day. Well bounce back, well work on some things, watch some film and we still have two games on this trip that we feel like we have a great chance to win." NOTES: Oklahoma City won the first meeting between the teams, 97-95 in Sacramento. ... Thomas scored 21 points in the fourth quarter of the earlier meeting, then scored 14 in the first quarter on Sunday. ... The Kings shot 62 per cent in the first quarter to lead 30-28 at the end of the period. ... Sacramento F Jason Thompson was issued a technical foul in the third quarter. ... Thunder F/C Nick Collison scored a season-high 10 points. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen