The sport moved a step closer to returning

in News 23.10.2019 07:41
von wh3171 • 195 Beiträge

Chapel Hill, NC (SportsNetwork. China Jerseys Wholesale .com) - J.P. Tokoto finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds to lift No. 19 North Carolina to an 86-64 victory over William & Mary on Tuesday. Marcus Paige supplied 14 points and six assists and Nate Britt netted 11 for the Tar Heels (10-3), who have won four straight games heading into their ACC opener at Clemson on Saturday. We can be great. We just have to be consistent, Tokoto said. That was the problem last year when we started off ACC play going 0-3. After that, we had a couple guys who took the team by the reins and showed everybody that this is how we have to play. We are looking to do the same thing, but quicker. Daniel Dixon paced the Tribe (6-5) with 20 points, while Marcus Thornton scored 17 in the setback. We got beat by a superior team, theres no question about that, Tribe head coach Tony Shaver said. I thought in the second half we were a really tough basketball team, really competed hard and really played with a high level of confidence. North Carolina has now won eight straight games against William & Mary since the 1977-78 season. The Tar Heels were hot out of the gate as Tokoto started the scoring with a triple and made it a 12-2 game with a jumper just over five minutes into the game. Later in the first half, Paige and Thornton traded triples and Justin Jackson netted jumpers on back-to-back possessions to give UNC a 32-13 advantage. Kennedy Meeks supplied six points during a 13-2 spurt that pushed the lead to 25 points with 2:21 remaining in the first half and the Tar Heels held a 49-27 lead at the break. Less than four minutes into the second half, Dixons 3-point play and triple put the finishing touches on a 11-1 run that got the tribe within 53-38. He then scored nine straight points to make it a 68-59 contest with six minutes to go. Paige scored five in a row to restore North Carolinas 14-point lead and Britt hit consecutive treys with under four minutes remaining to put the game out of reach. Game Notes North Carolina improved to 89-4 in non-conference home games under head coach Roy Williams ... Williams was given a technical foul in the second half due to arguing after he was not granted a timeout ... It was the first time that William & Mary allowed an opponent score more than 70 points this season ... The Tar Heels now lead the all-time series, 20-13 ... North Carolina shot 50.8 percent from the floor, while William & Mary shot 37.7 percent. China Jerseys Stitched . Louis still looking for a way out of Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old NHL veteran isnt showing his cards. Fake China Jerseys . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/ . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami.ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Li Na swept past the ailing Victoria Azarenka 6-2, 6-1 to earn a place in the semifinals of the WTA Championships at the expense of the second-ranked Australian Open champion on Friday. The fourth-seeded Li will play 2011 champion Petra Kvitova, who came from behind to beat Angelique Kerber 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-3. Azarenkas loss meant Jelena Jankovic advanced to the semis before she had to play Sara Errani later Friday. Errani won that match 6-4, 6-4. Jankovic will play defending champion Serena Williams. Williams swept her group on Thursday. Williams has a 7-4 career edge over Jankovic, while Li and Kvitova are tied 3-3. Azarenka hurt her back while serving in the sixth game of the first set and was clearly in pain for the rest of the match. She took a medical timeout and received treatment during several changeovers but stayed on court despite being hardly able to move and wincing in pain, at one moment coming to tears. "I just wanted to try to do my best for the fans who came and watched our match, for respect for my opponent. It was just about trying to do the most you can out there," Azarenka said. She did win one game with some ferocious serving, but mostly stayed in the middle of the baseline and tried to hit quick winners if the ball came her way. "You know, in the end of the day, its my decision what Im going to do," Azarenka said. Azarenka said her back suddenly seized up as she tried to serve hard but that the trainers told her there was no structural damage. The fifth-seeded Kvitova, a former Wimbledon champion, led 4-1 before Kerber battled back to level at 5-5. In the tiebreaker, Kerber kept up the pressure on Kvitova, who double-faulted to set up three set points for her opponent. Kerber converted the first with a service winner. In the second set, Kvitova broke for the second time in the seventh game by first playing a crisp volley winner and then hitting a powerful return. "The beginning of the second set was really tough. She had a lot of chances," Kvitova said. "I just tried to play my game, play some winners, and go for the net." There were three straight breaks at the start of the third, before Kvitova fought off two break points to go up 3-1. She sealed the win thanks to two straight errors by Kerber. China Jerseys Cheap. Kerber was seeded eighth after the withdrawal of third-ranked Maria Sharapova because of a shoulder injury. Kvitova had to withdraw from last years tournament with an injury after the first match. "I gave everything I could today," Kerber said. "Of course, Im a little bit disappointed, but Petra was playing very well in the important moments. My serve was not really the best today, but yeah, I was just trying everything." Li, who lost to Azarenka in the final of the Australian Open and in both previous round-robin matches at the WTA Championships 2012 and 2011, said her toughest challenge Friday was mental. "I mean, today the match is not about tennis, about fitness ... because I thought maybe after the first set she will give up or retire, but she still try to continue to play," Li said. "I think its tough because I have to focus, hope all time, because you never know what happen on the court." In the Australian Open final, it was Li who was in trouble. She twisted her ankle and hit her head in a stumble before losing in three sets. "Next time we both have to be healthy on the court," Li said. Li won the group 3-0, while Azarenka finished 1-2. Azarenkas loss meant Jelena Jankovic advanced to the semis before she had to play Sara Errani late Friday. Jankovic will play defending champion Serena Williams in the semifinals. Williams swept her group on Thursday. Although she did not play, Williams did appear on court, to collect the award for finishing the year as No. 1 in the world. Williams has clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking for the third time in her career after 2002 and 2009. Li is through to her first semis in three appearances in the elite event that brings together the top eight women. Despite failing to reach the semis, Azarenka said she was pleased with her year. "Im No. 2 in the world. I had great results in the big tournaments and I had injuries," Azarenka said. "So, its that balance of good and unfortunate. I think I can learn a lot from these little things to prevent maybe some of the injuries." Kvitova finished 2-1 in her group and Kerber was 1-2. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen