Only the NFL could react to a controversy that calls into question

in Steckbrief 07.10.2019 03:55
von zhangzk • 134 Beiträge

Super Bowl participant by implementing a fix that wouldn’t have avoided the controversy.That’s what the Competition Committee has done http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-jacobs-jersey , by recommending an expansion of replay to “include all fouls for pass interference, roughing the passer, and unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.” The proposal won’t apply where a foul isn’t called, meaning that replay review won’t be available when the officiating crew fails to call pass interference or unnecessary roughness against a defenseless receiver.Meaning that replay review wouldn’t have been available in the Rams-Saints NFC Championship, when Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman wiped out Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis.The Competition Committee also has not proposed an AAF-style Sky Judge, which would make available visual evidence part of the first look, not part of the replay process. If available and properly implemented, that would have allowed for the on-field failure of the officiating crew to be rectified in real time.There’s still hope. The people who own the teams, and thus own the league, can reject the failure of the Competition Committee to fix the situation, and they can implement a rule that properly addresses the situation. They need to; for all the excuse-making and hand-wringing over “unintended consequences,” the Competition Committee’s proposal could tend to cause more flags to be thrown Johnathan Abram Jersey , since the protection afforded by this proposal becomes available only when penalties have been called.So the ball is in your court, owners. The Competition Committee has failed. Let’s see if you’ll do what should have been done in the NFC title game and overturn the ruling on the field. GREEN BAY, Wis. — Every year, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy nips any playoff talk in the bud by saying it’s not a topic of conversation until the team wins 10 games.More Packers coveragePhotos of the Week: 7/21/19 – 7/27/19Packers rookie Gary’s biggest critic is himselfTop Tweets: Former Badger TJ Watt has impressive four-year transformationPHOTOS: 2019 Green Bay Packers training campPackers’ Rodgers, LaFleur ironing out offense, building chemistryThe Packers hit the season’s midpoint with a 3-4-1 record, meaning there is little margin for error after back-to-back losses to two of the NFL’s powerhouses.To reach double-digits in victories, the Packers will have to win seven of their final eight games. That quest begins with a return home to face the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.“We’re focused on winning No. 4. That’s all we’re talking about right now,” McCarthy said on Monday, a day after a 31-17 loss to the New England Patriots.“We improved as a football team the last two weeks, but you have to play your best football coming down the stretch. We’re not playing to the level we need to play in the fourth quarter.”In the final seven minutes of last week’s 29-27 loss at the Los Angeles Rams, the Packers failed to extend a 27-26 lead http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trayvon-mullen-jersey , had a bad punt, gave up the go-ahead field goal and fumbled the ensuing kickoff.On the first play of the fourth quarter against the Patriots, the Packers were driving into scoring position when running back Aaron Jones fumbled.The Patriots used a pass from receiver Julian Edelman to running back James White to set up the go-ahead touchdown, forced the Packers to punt, then added an insurance touchdown.Not only did the Packers lose the game, but they lost ground in the NFC North to Chicago (5-3), which routed Buffalo for its second consecutive win, and Minnesota (5-3-1), which beat Detroit for its fourth win in five games.After hosting Miami (5-4), Green Bay goes back on the road to face Seattle (4-4) and Minnesota.“The games in November are really where teams historically start to separate one way or the other,” McCarthy said. “Our focus is really on our self-scout and things we’ve been working on. The last two weeks, we’re not finishing games.”The problems run across all three phases. Defensively Maxx Crosby Jersey , the Packers have failed to get a takeaway the past two weeks.On special teams, there was Ty Montgomery’s fumble on the kickoff return against the Rams and two penalties against the Patriots.On offense, Green Bay has run a total of 22 plays in the fourth quarter the past two weeks. Against the Patriots, the fourth quarter started with a fumble, continued with a three-and-out and ended with a fourth-down failure.“We’re not hitting on all cylinders,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “We’re hurting ourselves with negative-yardage plays and missed throws and turnovers at the wrong time and not being on the same page too many times, whether I’m missing a throw or we’re not in the spot I think we’re going to be at, it’s happening in the worst times. When we have to play our best in those crunch times, we haven’t been playing our best.”To get on track, the Packers are going to have to play through some injuries. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee), safety Kentrell Brice (knee), cornerback Kevin King (hamstring) and linebacker Blake Martinez (ankle) were knocked out of the game by injuries.Martinez Hakeem Butler Jersey , who was injured when he stepped on the ankle of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, returned for the final couple of series.“I pride myself on being a tough guy and I didn’t want to leave my team,” Martinez said.“I knew if I could run straight and do certain things, I could go out there and finish the game.”According to McCarthy, King will be “hard pressed” to be ready to face the Dolphins. Bulaga, who’s suffered major injuries to both knees, avoided a significant injury and could be back for Sunday. Receiver Geronimo Allison might need surgery after suffering a groin injury at Thursday’s practice.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen