While the Panthers wanted to find someone to com

in News 10.09.2019 03:44
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

plement star running back Christian McCaffrey Blue Devin Funchess Jersey , this was another questionable pick by the Panthers’ brass." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftThe Carolina Panthers hope Jordan Scarlett can be quality depth behind Christian McCaffreyNew,20commentsWhile the Panthers wanted to find someone to complement star running back Christian McCaffrey, this was another questionable pick by the Panthers’ brass.EDTShareTweetShareShareThe Carolina Panthers hope Jordan Scarlett can be quality depth behind Christian McCaffreyBrian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsI wasn’t crazy about this pick at the outset for a couple reasons. First off I don’t see running back as a position of need. I like the current depth of Christian McCaffrey, Cameron-Artis Payne and Elijah Hood. Mainly because it’s 99% McCaffrey toting the rock, but still. My second issue was I had heard nothing of Scarlett being even a decent prospect. After a little research of draft profiles it would appear there is good reason for that. I have yet to find anyone listing Scarlett as more than a seventh round selection. Most projected him to to go undrafted. Here’s a look at Scarlett’s combine profile on NFL.com.Before I go any further I feel it is only fair to let you watch some highlights first. I admit that I first watched his highlights before reading any of the profiles. My initial thought is he reminded me of former Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart with the way he runs with violence and his legs are always churning. So even though I didn’t like the pick as first, I found his highlight plays encouraging. He’s a tough runner who is very strong but has impressive speed as well. I then turned to the profiles and after reading a few I am again wondering how this pick makes sense.Here’s one of the better Devin Funchess Jersey 2019 , more comprehensive reviews.The common theme across the reviews is he runs with authority, has decent speed and has the proverbial non-stop motor. He might be serviceable in pass protection but he is no threat catching the ball out of the backfield. The rest of his skill set is pretty average. More resources His combine work out The dude has the biceps and the thighs for the NFL, that is no doubt. There is no doubting his athleticism. Scarlett gives a pretty good interview as well. So while I always have hope every draft pick will develop into an all pro, I’m keeping the bar much lower. Where he fits on the Panthers rosterScarlett has a decent change of making the roster as a third or fourth running back depending on his ability to fill a special teams role. He could certainly beat out Hood and Reggie Bonnafon and maybe even Cameron-Artis Payne. Let’s also not forget the Panthers brought in former Georgia Bulldog Elijah Holyfield as an undrafted free agent.Panthers 2018 season opener countdown: 69 days to go We are 69 days away from the beginning of the Carolina Panthers 2018 season. That means today we take a closer look at one of our well known young prospects on the interior of the offensive line that can play both guard and center, but has mainly played center. That man is number 69, Tyler Larsen.Tyler Larsen Stitched Greg Olsen Jersey , CenterBioHeight: 6’4”Weight: 325 lbsAge: 26College: Utah StateNFL Experience: 3 yearsAt this point when it comes to Tyler Larsen, we pretty much known what we have. He has had significant playing time due to many extended injury periods by Ryan Kalil, and for the most part, he has done fairly well. He’s not going to have the level of play we came to expect during Ryan Kalil’s best years, but if Ryan does end up retiring and he needs to hold the fort for a year or so while a draft prospect gets his feet wet, that would probably be fine.Larsen is yet another developmental success story for the Panthers and offensive line coach John Matsko Youth Kawann Short Jersey , another UDFA turned into a productive player through time and good coaching. Even if Larsen never becomes a great starter, being able to turn him into very good depth is a win for us. That shouldn't take much away from Tyler, who was asked to do a lot very early in his career, and its possible he will still take a few more steps forward.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen