The Chiefs traded the 29th overall pick and a 20

in News 05.09.2019 04:39
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

20 second-rounder for defensive end Frank Clark. Let’s talk about how that impacts the draft."WhiteSeries Stagner ThingsLottery Tickets ’19Summer of SpagsMailbagFanposts Fanshots Community Community GuidelinesContactAbout StubHub ✕How the Chiefs draft strategy changes without pick 29New http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-damien-williams-jersey ,296commentsThe Chiefs traded the 29th overall pick and a 2020 second-rounder for defensive end Frank Clark. Let’s talk about how that impacts the draft.CDTShareTweetShareShareHow the Chiefs draft strategy changes without pick 29Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY SportsSo much changed about the landscape of the Kansas City Chiefs roster and the assets they have to improve it in the last 24 hours. Gone is the 29th pick in the draft, the Chiefs’ lowest 2020 second-round pick (sup, 64?) and pick 92. In are Frank Clark and pick 84. We spent some time in this week’s episode of the AP Draft Show breaking down the trade for Clark and what it does to the Chiefs draft. Here were some takeaways.Expect a cornerback earlyAnd as early as possible. The Chiefs have answered a huge question mark on their defense by adding Clark. Now they need to address the other glaring issue. Both short and long-term, cornerback is a glaring need. Here’s the list of cornerbacks on the Chiefs roster currently for 2020: Tremon Smith and Charvarius Ward. That’s it. That’s the list.There are new potential trade-up scenarios to discussWe’ve all talked a lot about the Chiefs aggressively moving up in the first round to lock up a cornerback or EDGE with their day two assets. Now, the moves could happen to move up in the second round. Here are some trade scenarios that make sense, per the modern trade chart. Picks 61 and 63 could get you to pick 36. Maybe Byron Murphy is still available?Picks 61 and 84 could get you to 43.Maybe the Chiefs use a similar strategy to what they did with the Bengals last year with a two-for-two pick swap? Picks 61 and 63 are worth similar value to Minnesota’s 50 and 81. The Chiefs could keep the volume of picks but ensure a cornerback they like with a move like that.The Chiefs may try to just hit it on the fairwayThey’ve secured an excellent player with their draft capital. Maybe they just try to go safe the rest of the draft? You could see a strategy geared more toward players you know will contribute rather than a developmental player with a high ceiling? The Chiefs could just set out to find more Derrick Nnadi types: players with a quality trait or two that you know will contribute in some capacity on Sundays this season. Maybe they’d be more inclined to take a player that will contribute year one at cornerback like Julian Love instead of a high ceiling player like Isaiah Johnson?Trading back is in playIf the Chiefs indeed do try to play it safe Womens Chris Jones Jersey , why not ensure an extra pick by moving back from one of their second-round picks? Pick 61 is equal value to pick 75 and 114. Adding an asset gives them a chance to perhaps take a running back in the fourth round that could contribute in year one while still have 63, 75 and 84 to take players that can contribute in 2019 as well.KC Draft GuideYou can learn up on all the day two and three draft prospects the Chiefs will take in the first-ever edition of the KC Draft Guide is available for download now for only $9.99! We have over 225 prospect write-ups like this one, with specifics about how prospects fit the Chiefs. There are more than 300 grades on players, mock drafts, positional rankings and features — all specific to the Chiefs. Grab your copy by clicking here!Loading...Le’Veon Bell vs. James Conner: What’s the difference? The Pittsburgh Steelers have had injury concerns heading into their game with the Kansas City Chiefs all week, but a starter we are nearly 100 percent sure won’t play that has nothing to do with injuries is running back Le’Veon Bell.Bell has run for more than 100 yards against the Chiefs in each of the last three regular-season games. In the Steelers’ most recent postseason game against the Chiefs Mitchell Schwartz Jersey , Bell ran 30 times for 170 yards.So the fact the Steelers have removed him from their depth chart ahead of this week’s game is kind of a big deal.Expected to play in Bell’s place is second-year back is James Conner, who filled in for him last week against the Browns. Conner finished with 31 rushes for 135 yards and two touchdowns, as well as five catches for 57 yards in his first career start.So what’s the difference between Bell and Conner? The Chiefs weighed in this week:Chiefs head coach Andy Reid“That other runner (James Conner) is pretty good. He had that same situation that Eric Berry had and he has come back from it strong. He is a local kid from there. He has done a nice job for himself, made a nice niche. I don’t think they are caught up in all of that from the sounds of it. And he is playing well.”Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton“Do you want to play against Le’Veon Bell? I don't know, the thing that kind of struck me about the game the other day against Cleveland was they had 400-and-whatever yards they had with six turnovers—that’s six possessions that at some point went away. That’s a lot. Even in an overtime game, that’s a lot of possessions ... They didn’t really change http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-ron-parker-jersey , you know? They just did what they do and did it really well. Obviously, Conner, I think is a really good back. Is he Le’Veon Bell? I don’t know. Le’Veon Bell is unique probably to everyone in our league—his style alone, not to mention his talent. I mean Le’Veon’s a great receiver, a great running back, so it’s a challenge. We played him a couple years ago when he was just walking in the door Womens Tony Gonzalez Jersey , I believe, after a three-game suspension. He had no practice, no nothing and it didn’t seem to bother him to me. Not there. We’ll just have to wait and see. We don’t think it changes anything—what they’re doing schematically. They’re not shifting these carries to here or these throws to here. I think Conner might have had 190-something yards total offense, and I think that would have been as high as anything Le’Veon had last year in total offense.”Inside linebacker Reggie Ragland “Le’Veon (Bell) has more of a patience to his game and James (Conner) he’ll come straight down and just run it for the most part. I got to do a good job in my gaps regardless because both of them can run the ball real well. I got to do a good job of seeing it and just hitting and attacking.”Inside linebacker Anthony Hitchens“They’re both good backs. Obviously, Bell is more an all-around type guy. Scatback, and creates a lot of matchups for linebackers out in space. James Conner kind of has the same ability Christian Okoye Jersey , but he’s more of a downhill, physical runner. Both got their pros and cons. We’re ready for either one. We’re just preparing as if Bell’s going to be there.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen