The 26-year-old could be a swing tackle option

in News 13.08.2019 04:15
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

if the Falcons aren’t getting the tackle of their dreams in the draft this year."Earlier this week Youth Ryan Schraeder Jersey , when the Falcons added guard Adam Gettis to the roster, I said that I didn’t think they were done tweaking their offensive line. If you needed more evidence, it comes in the form of a recent visit between the Falcons and a tackle Dirk Koetter is very familiar with.That tackle is Leonard Wester, an interesting player for the Falcons to be considering at this stage of the game. Unlike Gettis, who hasn’t played in two seasons, Wester has recent experience with Koetter’s offense, including a start last year and a total of 27 games overall with Tampa Bay. He’s relatively light on his feet at 6’6”, 305 Stitched Andy Levitre Jersey , and is just 26 years old. If the Falcons do wind up signing him, he would almost certainly contend for the team’s swing tackle role in 2019 against Matt Gono, which might be a clue that the Falcons wouldn’t be chasing one of the top right tackles in this draft class. Wester’s not a great tackle, and neither is Ty Sambrailo, which is why many see the latter as a stopgap signing at best and a well-compensated swing tackle at worst. But he’s young enough and familiar enough with this offense to be useful, and that in itself is noteworthy at a time when the Falcons are expressing interest in or meeting with the likes of Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, and Jonah Williams. If the Falcons strike out in the draft Youth Andy Levitre Jersey , Wester might be a fallback plan. If he’s signed here and now, it’ll be interesting to see whether the Falcons do pursue their long-term option in this class, or whether Jake Matthews, Ty Sambrailo, Wester and perhaps Matt Gono might be the long-term option of the moment. The Falcons are going to draft according to their needs, and one of their biggest needs is defensive end. If they don’t at least partially solve that in free agency, the pressure will be on for them to use their first round pick on a pass rusher who can replace or at least supplement Vic Beasley.But I hope the Falcons won’t overthink it if they get to #14 and the best player available is not a defensive end, but a defensive tackle like Houston’s Ed Oliver or Mississippi State’s Jeffery Simmons. If that’s the case Stitched Jake Matthews Jersey , the Falcons shouldn’t dwell too much on the fact that they have Grady Jarrett (who is about to get a lucrative extension, yes please), Jack Crawford and Deadrin Senat. They should go get that player.I say this not just because I very much hope Oliver lands in Atlanta, but because of the short-term and long-term outlook for such a player in Atlanta. In the short term, a player who can wreak havoc on the interior is still incredibly valuable, and it gives the Falcons three such players. It allows the Falcons to potentially put together lines that feature Takk McKinley, Jarrett, Crawford and a rookie defensive tackle for a line that mixes sizes and viciousness. And it allows them to pair a potentially elite player with Jarrett if (or perhaps when Youth Jake Matthews Jersey , given his production) Crawford exits in free agency in 2020. Deadrin Senat will still have a role on obvious run downs, too. That’s not even mentioning that this could be a strong defensive end class in free agency, and I’m hopeful Atlanta will invest the money in the position necessary to really upgrade it with Brooks Reed in the final year of his deal, Beasley struggling and not much else going on. You’re not going to hear me complain if the Falcons significantly improve their defensive line, no matter how they do so. I just hope they don’t overlook a potential great in favor of fixing the weaker end position.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen