With three games left on Minnesota’s schedule to determin

in News 09.08.2019 05:05
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

EAGAN Eric Kendricks Jersey , Minn. (AP) —e whether or not the Vikings return to the playoffs, Kevin Stefanski has suddenly been tasked with trying to steer a struggling offense back on track in a supervisory role he’s never held before in 14 seasons of coaching.There’ll be plenty of scrutiny on the team’s interim offensive coordinator, not to mention an unofficial audition for the job next year and beyond.To judge Stefanski’s readiness by noting a lack of play-calling experience, though, would not tell the whole story.“I think every assistant coach, and probably every fan, is calling the plays with the play-caller,” Stefanski said.“Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don’t. But when we’re up there, you’re always thinking about what you may be calling in that situation. I’ve tried to do that since day one as a coach. I think that’s incumbent upon you to take yourself through what you may do here.”With the Vikings having produced fewer than 285 total yards in four of their past five games Infant Marcus Epps Jersey , coach Mike Zimmer fired John DeFilippo on Tuesday and promoted Stefanski from quarterbacks coach. Stefanski, one of four sons of long-time NBA executive Ed Stefanski, who’s now with the Detroit Pistons, is the NFL rarity who has risen to a prominent position at age 36 without ever having to uproot his family.A team captain as a defensive back at Penn, Stefanski spent one season in football operations for his Ivy League alma mater before Vikings head coach Brad Childress hired him in 2006 to serve as his personal assistant. Stefanski has survived two head coaching changes, coached tight ends, running backs and quarterbacks and worked under a total of five offensive coordinators: Darrell Bevell, Bill Musgrave, Norv Turner Marcus Epps Jersey nfl draft , Pat Shurmur and DeFilippo.“I hope my experience with all of the guys I’ve worked with over the years has shaped me into the coach I am,” Stefanski said on Thursday.Zimmer said he believes quarterback Kirk Cousins, who has worked closely with Stefanski as his position coach since signing with the Vikings last spring, will be more open to making his own suggestions in game-planning than with DeFilippo.“He knows me well,” Cousins said. “But at the same time, you don’t reinvent much this late in the year.”Cousins took personal responsibility for DeFilippo’s firing, but he naturally expressed optimism about the new working relationship.“He’s got an even-keel demeanor about him. He’s been with multiple systems now,” Cousins said, adding: “I think he’ll do a good job in this role.”If the Vikings can’t consistently protect Cousins or clear space for the running backs Cheap Marcus Epps Jersey , or if Cousins doesn’t avoid the turnovers that have persisted, the plays called by Stefanski down the stretch won’t ultimately matter.“I’m going to steal a line from Pat Shurmur: ‘It’s about the players,” Stefanski said, “and not the plays.'”Friday Open Thread: September 7th, 2018 Good Morning!Hope you’re having a great week and looking forward to the onset (finally) of the regular season. I’m ready to start yelling at the referees and mocking Joe Buck.The Jai Alai is cooling in the fridge for Sunday and I decided to thaw some venison out to make burgers for a pre-game meal Sunday.I’m home late from work, so I’ll keep the mythical words no one reads up here short.In the meantime we’ll continue with our daily thread full of beer recommendations, nap strategies, crock pot and smoker recipes. Have another cup of coffee and drop by for some fan wisdom and snark. With that, let’s do this.Around the DN since our last thread:Wludford has Vikings vs. 49ers: Thoughts and Expectations.Good Morning Gjallarhorn Episode 012: @Saxyprince blows.Eric returns with his weekly game(s) preview: this week Vikings vs. 49ers It’s Only Temporary.Lucas chugs the Purple Koolaid鈩?with Minnesota Vikings: Four bold predictions for the season.Have a question for Ted and Di? Ask Roughing the Podcast.Vikings news from other sources:From Vikings.com former Vikings player and coach Pete Bercich joined Paul Allen on this week’s “Vikings GamePlan” to break down both the offense and defense of the Vikings week one opponent Marcus Epps Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , the San Francisco 49ers.Presser Points: DeFilippo on spreading the wealth; Priefer on Hill’s return ability.Expert Picks: What’s Expected from the Vikings in 2018’s Home Opener, some were wrong.From their lunch break series: “Just as Explosive” Dalvin Cook Ranked in Jones-Drew’s top ten.At 1500Espn Move over RPOs, the Vikings are getting ready for a different schematic trend.Still here! Deadspin’s Why Your Team Sucks: the Minnesota Vikings 2018.League news: The Falcons and Eagles played last night.The Referees called more penalties than were points on the scoreboard (slight hyperbole).The Steelers won’t be rescinding the franchise tag for Le’Veon Bell.Travis Frederick doesn’t know when he’ll play again for the Cowboys.Chargers Joey Bosa (foot) might sit out vs. Chiefs.There’s more, check it out for yourself.We come to today’s media selection: Shania Twain - Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under (by request, don’t @ at me).Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:-No discussion of politics or religion-No feeding of the trolls-This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)-Speaking of which Minnesota Vikings Jerseys Stitched , if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, try the venison chili and as always, Welcome Aboard and Skol Vikings!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen