A look at what’s happening around the majors

in News 23.07.2019 03:27
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

today:TROUT TEARAngels star Mike Trout has homered in four straight games Gregor Blanco Jersey , matching a career best. The two-time AL MVP connected five times in that span, and tries to keep up the streak when Milwaukee visits Anaheim.The Angels record for consecutive games with a home run is five by Bobby Bonds in 1977.Angels fans also will see whether a swarm of bees, which delayed Sunday’s game for five minutes when it hovered around the bullpens, has found a new place to fly.PENALTIES?Major League Baseball will certainly take a look at the recent shenanigans at PNC Park between the Pirates and Reds.Reds outfielder Yasiel Puig, manager David Bell and pitcher Amir Garrett were ejected, along with Pirates pitchers Keone Kela and Felipe Vazquez, after a bench-clearing fracas Sunday.The trouble started in the fourth inning when Pirates starter Chris Archer threw his first pitch behind the waist of Derek Dietrich. His previous time up, Dietrich stood and admired his home run bounce into the Allegheny River.POWER VS. POWERAstros ace Justin Verlander aims to shut down the Yankees when they open a series at Minute Maid Park.Gary Sanchez hit three of New York’s seven home runs Sunday at Baltimore — that matched the most homers in a road game for the Yankees since May 30, 1961, when Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Moose Skowron hit two each and Yogi Berra had one at Fenway Park.The Yankees connected 14 times in the three-game series at Camden Yards.READY FOR WRIGLEYThe Chicago Cubs play their home opener after going 2-7 on an extended road trip to start the season. Jon Lester starts for the Cubs when they host Pittsburgh at Wrigley Field.Chicago has lost seven of eight. Manager Joe Maddon said he was pleased with his team despite a 4-2 loss Sunday at Milwaukee.“It doesn’t always work out as a win, but if you play enough good games and you play the game right Fernando Rodney Jersey , you win your fair share,” Maddon said.TRY AGAINGiants lefty Madison Bumgarner (0-2, 1.38 ERA) pitches against visiting San Diego. He is 1-5 in his last eight starts against the Padres. DETROIT (AP) — Tyler Austin looked pretty comfortable in his debut with the Minnesota Twins.Austin hit a two-run homer, Kyle Gibson pitched seven effective innings and the Twins beat the Detroit Tigers 4-3 on Saturday night.Austin was acquired in the July 30 trade that sent Lance Lynn to the New York Yankees. The 26-year-old Austin, who hit .223 with eight homers in 34 games for the Yankees before the move, was recalled from Triple-A Rochester on Friday.“He looks like a modern-day player — his first three times up were a walk, a strikeout and a homer,” manager Paul Molitor said. “That’s what today’s game seems to be about.”Austin connected on a Francisco Liriano slider in the fifth.“My first time up he threw me some good changeups, and I swung through them,” he said. “I swung through another changeup on 2-0, but he left a slider over the plate on 2-1 and I put a good swing on it.”Minnesota improved to 2-4 on its seven-game trip. Gibson (6-9) allowed one run and seven hits, struck out four and walked two.“The defense played great Jorge De La Rosa Jersey ,” Gibson said. “My fastball command was a lot better tonight, and that means more balls in play. They really picked me up when I needed them.”Detroit lost for the seventh time in eight games. Liriano (3-7) allowed three runs and six hits in five innings while dropping to 0-6 in his last 13 outings.“Every time I feel like I’m getting into a rhythm, I’ll walk a couple guys or make a couple bad pitches and it gets away from me,” he said. “I’ve got to find a way to stay focused on the next pitch instead of getting frustrated when I make a mistake.”The Tigers rallied in the ninth against Trevor Hildenberger, who got a chance to close after Fernando Rodney was traded to Oakland on Thursday.Victor Martinez led off with a walk, and Niko Goodrum followed with a drive to right for his 12th homer. Jim Adduci then singled, but James McCann struck out looking, rookie Victor Reyes flied out, and JaCoby Jones struck out for the third time.“We needed one more hit, and we just couldn’t get it,” Detroit manager Ron Gardenhire said. “Mac had a great at-bat, but they got him on the 3-2 pitch Taijuan Walker Jersey , Victor hit the ball hard but right at someone, and then they get the strikeout to end it.”It was Hildenberger’s first save of the year and the second of his career, both coming at Comerica Park.The Tigers jumped in front on McCann’s RBI single in the second but didn’t score again off Gibson.“I’ve known Gibby for a long time, and you can really see how he has learned to pitch,” said Gardenhire, who managed the Twins in Gibson’s first two seasons. “We’ve got a lot of young hitters, and he took advantage of them.”The Twins tied it in the third when Eddie Rosario scored on Liriano’s wild pitch.Austin’s ninth homer gave the Twins a 3-1 lead, and Rosario’s RBI double off Zach McAllister put Minnesota ahead by three in the sixth.TRAINER’S ROOMTwins: 1B Logan Morrison was placed on the disabled list, and he will undergo season-ending hip surgery. . RHP Michael Pineda (elbow) pitched three scoreless innings for Class-A Fort Myers in his second appearance after Tommy John surgery.Tigers: LHP Daniel Norris pitched two innings for Detroit’s Gulf Coast League team, allowing one unearned run. He has been sidelined since April 30 with a groin injury.GOODRUM HAUNTS OLD TEAM AGAINGoodrum’s homer was his second in as many days and his third of the season against Minnesota. Goodrum, who was drafted by Minnesota in 2010 and made his major league debut with the Twins last season, is hitting .320 with eight RBIs in 25 at-bats against them this season.MORRIS HONORED ON SUNDAYBefore Sunday’s series finale http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , the Tigers will retire the No. 47 of newly inducted Hall of Famer Jack Morris. Morris won World Series championships with three teams, including the Tigers and Twins, and will be the ninth player to have his jersey retired by Detroit. Alan Trammell, who also went into the Hall of Fame this year, will have his No. 3 retired on Aug. 26.“It will be an honor to be here, because I was a coach in Minnesota when Jack helped us win in 1991, and we are great friends,” Gardenhire said. “The fans here adore him, and so do the fans in Minnesota.”UP NEXTThe teams finish their three-game series with Detroit’s Matthew Boyd (6-10, 4.33 ERA) facing Kohl Stewart, who will be making his major league debut for the Twins.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen