which was widely expected according to

in News 19.07.2019 07:56
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

The Vikings picked Garrett Bradbury #18 overall From China Cameron Smith Jersey , many recent mock drafts.I didn’t expect Bradbury to be the pick, given that the Vikings had not met with..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftSnap Judgments of the Garrett Bradbury PickNew,307commentsCDTShareTweetShareShareSnap Judgments of the Garrett Bradbury PickChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsThe Vikings picked Garrett Bradbury #18 overall, which was widely expected according to many recent mock drafts.I didn’t expect Bradbury to be the pick, given that the Vikings had not met with him in the pre-draft process and at the owners meeting last month said they were more or less happy with Elflein at center.Perhaps this is Spielman learning from last year, when the Vikings were said to be high on Frank Ragnow, only to have him drafted ahead of the Vikings.This year it wasn’t so apparent in the pre-draft process, even if most mock drafters saw past it.In any case, I’m going to go it on a limb, despite the Vikings being coy on what position he’ll play, and say he is the new starting center for the Minnesota Vikings.What they do with Pat Elflein is anybody’s guess, but we’ll talk about that another time.The Vikings had a few offensive linemen to choose from when they were on the clock at #18, and had offers to trade down according to Rick Spielman, but turned them down.Spielman said Bradbury was, “far and away” the prospect they had highest on their board as the draft unfolded, and there is reason to believe that at face value Long Sleeve Cameron Smith Jersey , even though that’s what most GMs say after their pick.Clearly the Vikings had a need in the offensive line position group, and after free agency moves center and left guard were the two weakest positions.Bradbury was not only seen as a/the top center in the draft class, but also clearly the best zone blocking offensive lineman in this draft class.Some would say in the past few draft classes.Given those parameters, it makes sense Bradbury would rise to the top of the Vikings draft board.One can argue that Bradbury wasn’t the best value at #18, but with Chris Lindstrom going well ahead of expectations at #14, he may not have been available much longer either.Certainly not at #50, the Vikings next pick.So, rather than trade down and see what happens, Spielman elected to stand pat and go with Bradbury at #18.And so far snap judgments of the Vikings pick have been very good.Sports Illustrated gave the Vikings the only A+ grade of the entire first round:Clearly scheme fit could not have been better, and as a/the top prospect at a position of need, pretty good pick.Over at cbssports.com, Pete Prisco gave it a B+:Not much insight, but still a pretty good grade.He graded nine picks better.Over at Pro Football Focus (PFF), pretty decent review:The biggest negative here is the value at #18, which I discussed, rather than the pick himself.And at SBnation Stefon Diggs Jersey , Dan Kadar gave the Vikings pick a B+ as well:Grade: B+Again not terribly insightful- these are quick blurbs after all - but generally positive if not glowing.He graded ten picks higher.At ESPN, Courtney Cronin had this to say:I’m not sure there’s much question, really, what position Bradbury will play.Elflein hasn’t played well at center and it remains to be seen if he’s better at guard. Over at The Draft Network, they had this to say:They went on to call the Vikings’ pick of Bradbury one of the five best in the first round.Starting to get repetitive, but understandably so.Bradbury is the best zone blocking lineman in this year's draft, and that’s what the Vikings are going to do.Walt over at Walter football gave the pick a B+ as well:The one thing I remain skeptical about in several comments is Elflein at guard.I’d like to see competition there too.And a quality draft pick tomorrow and/or Saturday.And if it’s between Reiff and Elflein at left guard, I don’t see Elflein winning that competition.Chad Reuter at nfl.com gave the Vikings an “A’ for Day One of the draft:Overall pretty universal praise for the Vikings first pick of the 2019 Draft. Your Post Draft Sunday Open Thread" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDaily Norsemana Minnesota Vikings communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryVikingsOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsFiled under:Open ThreadsMinnesota Vikings News and Links: April 28th, 2019New,263commentsYour Post Draft Sunday Open ThreadCDTShareTweetShareShareMinnesota Vikings News and Links: April 28th, 2019Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY SportsGood Morning!Did the 2019 Draft weekend went as you hoped for the Vikings?Personally I liked the 1st and 4th round picks, I had to text a couple of people about the TE from Alabama because I didn’t know who he was or what potentially he brings to the Vikings.As usual, your Game of Thrones thread will post Monday morning courtesy of the theartistformerlyknownasfil, I’ll get it moved to the front page as soon as I see it. If you’ve seen Avengers Endgame use the spoiler tags, I haven’t seen it yet.Meanwhile we’ll catch up on our NFC North opponents and then carry on with our news and links thread full of beer recommendations, nap strategies Harrison Smith Jersey , crock pot and smoker recipes. Drop by for some fan wisdom, snark and have another cup of coffee.Around the DN since our last open thread:The front page writers have the Minnesota Vikings 2019 NFL Draft: All the picks, all the trades all in one place.2019 Minnesota Vikings Undrafted Free Agency Tracker.Vikings news from other sources:From Vikings.com GM Rick Spielman describes the Vikings trade philosophy in the 2019 NFL Draft.Presser Points: Spielman on Scott Studwell, extra scouting and the 90-Man roster.Courtney Cronin at the ESPN NFC North Blog has the Minnesota Vikings’ 2019 draft: Analysis for every pick.NFC North Roundup: At Pride of Detroit 2019 NFL Draft: Detroit Lions post-draft show, analysis and more.2019 NFL Draft grades: Analyzing all 9 Detroit Lions picks.Sunday open thread: What was the best Detroit Lions 2019 draft pick?At Windy City Gridiron Chicago Bears: Way too early 2019 NFL Draft grades.Over at Acme Packing Company Packers’ 2019 NFL Draft picks’ workout results are a testament to pure athletic ability.Packers Undrafted Free Agency Tracker: News & signings after the 2019 NFL Draft.We come to today’s media selection: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple HazeAgain, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:-No discussion of politics or religion-No feeding of the trolls-This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)-Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waiter, try not to annoy him and and Winter is Coming.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen